Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options
  • 25-01-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭

Jezki or Hurricane Fly will be the big debate today, but I have to fancy Fiscal Focus in the same race at a monster price of 40/1. Horse beat the ultra short Ricci owned Kalkir by 2 lengths a few weeks ago here at Leopardstown, both were ahead of the field by a mile, which inclines me to believe that this is actually decent form. Obviously the pace today is going to be much quicker than that, but Fiscal Focus is very unexposed and carries 1 stone 4 less than most other rivals today. If either Jezki or Fly have a bad day, we could easily see this one challenging for second. Huge step up in class today, however, we might just see a genuine contender for the Triumph Hurdle emerge today.

Comments

I'm sticking with Gilgamboa in the Arkle. I know he has to beat UDS but the confidence which the yard have un this horse is truly encouraging.

I've been told that the horse is very well and that "sure he had to take on the big boys at some stage".

While uncertain about beating UDS they reckon he will certainly put it up to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Fly enhanced to 2/1with powers now, max bet €25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Today is the day. Come on Un De Sceaux!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Benash not without a chance in the third race. Didn't finish far behind Champagne James last time web running much better than the bare result over a trip too far, travelling well for a long way. Back down to a more suitable trip he gets 8lbs from him and doubt this is the trip James wants. 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Un De Sceaux should win today but I Would not be touching him come to festival and if you did it would have to be with fallers insurance. Can dictate his own pace but come March it's a different story . Ground could be favouring jezki now but as with Jessica March is the main game. Welds horse at 11/4 is tempting. Impressive the last day

• Advertisement

Un De Sceaux should win today but I Would not be touching him come to festival and if you did it would have to be with fallers insurance. Can dictate his own pace but come March it's a different story . Ground could be favouring jezki now but as with Jessica March is the main game. Welds horse at 11/4 is tempting. Impressive the last day

The above makes no sense. How is Cheltenham going to be any bit different with regards to his runnhg style? He dictates his own pace regardless. Only slight worry would be the better ground

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

AdpRo wrote: »
    Fly enhanced to 2/1with powers now, max bet €25

Any link to this can't seem to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

I really fancy tiger roll today , might back it at 22/1 with out the fly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Robin Thyme in the bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anyone else watch the first race? Looked a clear enough winner to me, sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Captain hox 40/1 ran a blinder on ground that was to quick .paddy griffin was going to withdraw him yesterday due to the ground.he will be entered in either Perth/hexham or Sedgefield next time and if heavy it will take a good one to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Un De Sceaux 8-11 1.40
    Third Opinion 5-1 2.10
    Hurrican Fly 1-1 2.45
    Kilkultagh 4-1 3.15
    Kilcrea 5-1 3.50
    He's our Robin 12-1 ew 4.20

My picks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

UDS very impressive

MONSTER

My god what a machine. That performance would have won any 2 mile chase this season or last in the UK or Irl I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

That's silenced the doubters.
    Real shame they tried to win the champion with hurricane last year I've no doubt this fella woulda won.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evens for the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Outrageously impressive. What rating does he get after that?

I take it all back- Mullins got it wrong with the CH last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Holy Fiik... That was as good as I've seen..... We've seen something special there... In fairness the softly softly approach has worked wonders .. He settled and won going away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

He would win the Champion Chase this year

• Advertisement

Impressive. Very very impressive.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Holy Fiik... That was as good as I've seen..... We've seen something special there... In fairness the softly softly approach has worked wonders .. He settled and won going away..

Ah quit. He would have won the CH last season, no doubt in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

That's silenced the doubters.
    Real shame they tried to win the champion with hurricane last year I've no doubt this fella woulda won.

The making of this horse was not going to Cheltenham last year. You have got to laugh at people questioning what willie mullins does with his horses when they wouldn't know one end of un de sceaux from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thats a freak that thing is, an absolute MACHINE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

The making of this horse was not going to Cheltenham last year. You have got to laugh at people questioning what willie mullins does with his horses when they wouldn't know one end of un de sceaux from the other.

I was in your camp pre race. But I don't know how you can say that not going to Cheltenham made the horse.

That's absolute boll@x. Mullins even said when interviewed the other day "we avoided the issue with him over hurdles"

Nothing of real threat races against HF, just look at Faugheen's campaign now. It's an unwritten rule

Such a waste of money. Wouldn't have touched Benash if I knew he wouldn't go off in front. What a strange change of tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

jimjamcos wrote: »
    That's absolute boll@x. Mullins even said when interviewed the other day "we avoided the issue with him over hurdles"

Nothing of real threat races against HF, just look at Faugheen's campaign now. It's an unwritten rule

He was a tear away freak last year he is a lot better this year. I have no doubt the occasion would have got to him last year, it could still get to him this year. Luckily the owner trusted Willie and saw the future

He was a tear away freak last year he is a lot better this year. I have no doubt the occasion would have got to him last year, it could still get to him this year. Luckily the owner trusted Willie and saw the future

He's the exact same tearaway this year as he was last year. The only reason I can see why you'd assume he's settling better is that he's running against better horses, who can go with him longer making it visually look so. He's still going all out from the off though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Ok I'm backing tiger roll at 16/1 with out HF or Jezki or 6/1 with out both

Advertisement