Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Mulherin has a friend from Kenya

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

tipptom wrote: »
    I think a lot of people will be looking to how this new government in Greece fares in the next year or so and if its fairly positive and Armageddon doesn't happen like we are always threatened with if we dare vote for any party outside the same corrupt establishment party's that the media tells us, a lot of people might go take a leap of faith in the political landscape in this country.

And they'll be left hugely disillusioned when they discover those outside the traditional heavyweights in Irish politics are prone to the exact same venality as the buffoons who've gone before.

There is no great white hope out there, more's the pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

once you go bleck etc etc

her holes being widened, that's whys she can't go back, yer man is the only one that can satisfy her ;)

Yeah, good point.

Also, It will be interesting to see how the new Greek government fares over the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Yeah, good point.

Also, It will be interesting to see how the new Greek government fares over the coming months

Maybe 12 year olds are interested in how the new Greek government fares and use that as a basis for making a decision on how to vote in our next election but most of us mature adults are more interested in stupid clichés... and then explaining them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Mulherin pays back further €1,300 of Kenyan phone bill

Fine Gael TD Michelle Mulherin has paid back a further €1,295 for calls she made to a friend in Kenya.

This is in addition to the €2,000 she had already paid back.

The second repayment was made after an investigation found that a total of 130 calls, which altogether cost €3,295, were made to the African mobile phone.

Expect a new distraction disaster tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

How did she get away with this without resigning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The mind boggles.
    I am guessing that Fine Gael are hoping that we will all forget about this( and various other scandals) and will pile in to vote for them in the election next year. And wear a smile while doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Why is she repaying money for phone calls that were work related?

Either she lied to the public or she is thick.

Or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Wait a minute....

When she 'fessed up' she didn't really fess up, she was hoping no one noticed the extra 1300€???

How has Enda not sacked her, if not for the first offence, but definitely for this one.

Edit...
    "The calls were work-related but to avoid any perception that I benefitted personally and to put an end to the distraction and disruption to my work as a TD, I arranged to refund the full amount of calls as soon as it was confirmed to me last week."

Ah ok they were work related......

Look, we just need to remember our place?
    We are a thick members of the public who could not possibly understand how calling your ex boyfriend in Kenya is work related. And who are we to question one of our mighty TDs.

Now lets keep quiet, stop questioning and keep paying those taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Satriale wrote: »
    Mulherin pays back further €1,300 of Kenyan phone bill

Fine Gael TD Michelle Mulherin has paid back a further €1,295 for calls she made to a friend in Kenya.

This is in addition to the €2,000 she had already paid back.

The second repayment was made after an investigation found that a total of 130 calls, which altogether cost €3,295, were made to the African mobile phone.

Expect a new distraction disaster tonight.

arson kidnapping maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I think further probing is warranted. If these were work related calls she should not be personally paying for them. Someone needs to delve deep into this to get to the bottom of it once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Wait a minute....

When she 'fessed up' she didn't really fess up, she was hoping no one noticed the extra 1300€???

How has Enda not sacked her, if not for the first offence, but definitely for this one.

Edit...

She's had a rough day, has paid back the money, but she now needs to reassess her fornication methods. Maybe sit down and think about things over a coffee - I've heard she favours a Kenyan roast.

<gets coat>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I think further probing is warranted. If these were work related calls she should not be personally paying for them. Someone needs to delve deep into this to get to the bottom of it once and for all.

I think it's pretty clear what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭DeadHand

This is Ireland. You have to blow up a train load of nuns before you'll lose a government job.

If this was England she'd have been obliged to resign as soon as this broke.

As it is, she'll tough this out until something else comes along to make the public forget about it and happily live out the rest of her days as a parasite on the Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DeadHand wrote: »
    This is Ireland. You have to blow up a train load of nuns before you'll lose a government job.

If this was England she'd have been obliged to resign as soon as this broke.

As it is, she'll tough this out until something else comes along to make the public forget about it and happily live out the rest of her days as a parasite on the Irish people.

Hole in one.

And sure you will be viewed as a radical for not seeing this normal or acceptable.

'sure everyone does it' 'wouldnt ya do it yourself like'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

Such barefaced arrogance, caught out yet neither her or her party's leader think there should be any proper explanation given.

Such a sense of entitlement that sickens & angers me. As elected representatives they are meant to set some sort of example. What a joke.

But just you wait, I would put money on that she will get re-elected probably by a landslide just like Lowry & Healy Hae have done so before her.

The more you live in this country the more you realise we have the exact type of politicians alot of the electorate deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Same woman is a steadfast critic of fornication , the unemployed and "fallen" people.

Appalling idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

foleypio wrote: »
    Such barefaced arrogance, caught out yet neither her or her party's leader think there should be any proper explanation given.

Such a sense of entitlement that sickens & angers me. As elected representatives they are meant to set some sort of example. What a joke.

But just you wait, I would put money on that she will get re-elected probably by a landslide just like Lowry & Healy Hae have done so before her.

The more you live in this country the more you realise we have the exact type of politicians alot of the electorate deserve

How these fcukwits get in and who is voting for them?

Are the later puns making me read too much into this, wasn't this the root of the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Are there any phone sex companies operating out of Kenya?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Dropped her and Enda an email too. Wont be holding my breath for an answer.

Haha, fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Exactly,this is a disgrace that she is being forced to pay back this money when as she says this was work related.
    Free the Castlebar one from this tyranny I say and get a facebook page set up demanding this woman is paid this money back as soon as possible and keep this in the news until we have satisfaction on this matter.
    A suitable title for this facebook site is an absolute necessity to refresh the medias minds and to get people on to the page to ensure this reimbursement and wrong is put right.

Our media have a lot to answer for on this one,of course Miriam wouldn't dare ask Enda about his "new politics and transparency" on this one in her soft focus interview,would have loved to see him stuttering on that little curve ball.

diddley wrote: »
    Haha, fair play

And still no answer.
    I pity the Fine Gael canvaser who lands on my doorstep before the next election.
    Actually the FF and Sinners will be getting a barrel load too.
    The loony lefties will be threatened with the shot gun.

Only Shane Ross will be welcome at this rate! I need a new political party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

And still no answer.
    I pity the Fine Gael canvaser who lands on my doorstep before the next election.
    Actually the FF and Sinners will be getting a barrel load too.
    The loony lefties will be threatened with the shot gun.

Only Shane Ross will be welcome at this rate! I need a new political party!

Apt user name. :)

Advertisement