Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Mulherin has a friend from Kenya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So she basically completely got away with this then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Sure if they did something about it the next time one of them is caught fiddling then a precedent would be set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

She´s the victim now, that´s how it works. How dare you bring past indiscretions in to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

She is clearly not in the wrong here.

What we have learned from this, thanks to the aforementioned deputy, is that our TDs cannot be expected to be responsible for their own actions if the 'system' does not have checks and controls in place.
    Its the systems fault - see?

New politics - very much like the old politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Its the systems fault - see?

The system. I knew it was them. Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

She needs to be asked straight out in the dail why she denied that it was her who made the calls initially and what she felt she had to hide by lying and why if she said the calls were on Dail business that she still needs to pay back the 2k.
    She will need more than Indas transfers for an easy seat after this but I am sure they will have some other big job lined up for her lying ass.

Would be nice to know now that we are in this new open and transparent world who made the calls to Columbia that tops the league of calls.

tipptom wrote: »
    She needs to be asked straight out in the dail why she denied that it was her who made the calls initially and what she felt she had to hide by lying and why if she said the calls were on Dail business that she still needs to pay back the 2k.

I doubt anyone will want to ask that question in the dail as they all have their noses in the trough.
    Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.

I doubt anyone will want to ask that question in the dail as they all have their noses in the trough.
    That's the problem, no one in that house is in a position to cast aspersions at her. But from the point of view of the tax payer, the very least we can ask is that when politicians are caught red handed (like in this case) that they are shown the door.

Agree with you on that,FG FF SF certainly cannot start throwing stones but surly the likes of Catherine Murphy or Shane Ross have a duty to put this forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

tipptom wrote: »
    She will need more than Indas transfers for an easy seat after this but I am sure they will have some other big job lined up for her lying ass.

Would be nice to know now that we are in this new open and transparent world who made the calls to Columbia that tops the league of calls.

I have a feeling it could be one of the TD's who's into ornothology !

golfball37 wrote: »
    I have a feeling it could be one of the TD's who's into ornothology !
    Either that or it is someone looking to negotiate getting their gear directly from the main man,probably to much talcum powder being mixed through from the middle man,long drawn out negotiations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

If that happened in the UK they would at least have the good grace to resign their seat. In Ireland the bare faced cheek line is the one most taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

If that happened in the UK they would at least have the good grace to resign their seat. In Ireland the bare faced cheek line is the one most taken.

No they don't. Check out the MP's expenses scandal. They might just about resign as Minister if they were minister, but seat? Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Calina wrote: »
    No they don't. Check out the MP's expenses scandal. They might just about resign as Minister if they were minister, but seat? Nope.

Some MPs did actually resign their seats. Others were barred from ever standing for their party again.

FG will probably appoint Mulherin to the Senate or give her a position on a state board in future :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Some MPs did actually resign their seats. Others were barred from ever standing for their party again.

FG will probably appoint Mulherin to the Senate or give her a position on a state board in future :rolleyes:
    A few even went to jail. The really really bad ones ! ! ! OMG imagine that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I nearly fell off my chair

She is Chair of the Fine Gael Internal Committee for Communications , Energy and Natural Resources. She is also a member of AWEPA.

http://www.finegael.ie/our-people/tds/michelle-mulherin/

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Hi Michelle,

Here is your Skype link which you can download for free on the website <Insert Skype Link> .
    No need to thank me, however I would suggest you use from now on rather than misusing public funds.

Regards
    xxxxxxx

Dropped her and Enda an email too. Wont be holding my breath for an answer.
    To: michelle.mulherin@oir.ie, taoiseach@taoiseach.gov.ie

Dear Michelle,

Below is a link to Skype, it is a free service that allows you to make free or cheap phone calls.

http://www.skype.com/en/

Your skype 'device' is the laptop or phone that we the taxpayers have already provided you.
    As for your statement that there should be a mechanism for TDs to be warned if they are building up a large phone bill - have you ever heard about self accountability?

It surprises me that as a member of the Joint Oireachtas Committees for Public Service Oversight and Chair of the Fine Gael Internal Committee for Communications that you would not know how to make cheap calls and would expect tax payers to be happy to foot the bill for your calls to Kenya (for which the taxpayer sees no benefit).
    It saddens me that you have not apologised for your behavior and shocks me that you have not been sacked.
    The next election cannot come fast enough and you will not be getting my vote next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone else think she's a fine bit of stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I´m much more interested in her politics than her looks tbh

• Advertisement

Yes, some lad in Kenya.

Yes, some lad in Kenya.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

phonekenya.com is available for registration if anyone is feeling creative. :)

Slap on the wrist and ahh sure it's grand, she was only havin a bit of craic with her boyfriend. We'll move her to another cosy job until it blows over and then maybe bring her back to the fold.

This is just one story of who knows how many more examples. If you're caught abusing your position and abusing tax payer's money in the process, you should never again be eligible to work in any capacity for the State imho.

Political reform my ass.

Feck you Lowry,have you not learned your lesson about writing down stuff on good looking wimmin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Please tell me you are talking about your wan from the Lowry story and not the Mulherin one?!? Jaysus, I wouldn't touch the latter with yours!

Calibos wrote: »
    Please tell me you are talking about your wan from the Lowry story and not the Mulherin one?!? Jaysus, I wouldn't touch the latter with yours!

I'm most definitely not fussy. But I wouldn't piss on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm most definitely not fussy. But I wouldn't piss on either.

In fairness, if she's against 'fornication' then it's fair to say she's against water sports :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

How did she not have to resign? Where is any sign of the new politics?
    Fine Gael are been such a let down. Why did I waste my vote!

How did she not have to resign? Where is any sign of the new politics?
    Fine Gael are been such a let down. Why did I waste my vote!
    You would think that she would be asked to step down from the communications committee at least but that aint going to happen in this era of new politics.

I think a lot of people will be looking to how this new government in Greece fares in the next year or so and if its fairly positive and Armageddon doesn't happen like we are always threatened with if we dare vote for any party outside the same corrupt establishment party's that the media tells us, a lot of people might go take a leap of faith in the political landscape in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

once you go bleck etc etc

her holes being widened, that's whys she can't go back, yer man is the only one that can satisfy her ;)

Advertisement