Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin gear thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Just to be clear.......I'm not scoffing at it - I bought ex-proteam kit in the past and it is everything that is mentioned above; high quality and good price is a great mix. It is simply that thereafter it is very......well, recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Yeah. Ask yourself this question and if the answer is yes, fire away.....

Will it not bother me to be one of many going around in out-of-date Belkin gear that everyone will recognise as coming out of this sale.......?

I saw a fella driving a 142 BMW , the shame if it. I pointed and laughed, I inGine that he'll upgrade it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

From the ebay shop:

We cannot deliver to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands, BFPO addresses, or the Republic of Ireland.

Belkin reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel any orders submitted for shipment to a freight forwarder or similar entity.

Might explain most of the problems encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    The only rules I've ever seen are these ones - see rule 17

Oh yes, of those, those rules. #17 is one of the few of those I'm not breaking regularly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

My bib shorts and jersey arrived today. Great looking gear and good fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    My bib shorts and jersey arrived today. Great looking gear and good fit.

sounds like you had to jump through some hoops to get them?

seanin4711 wrote: »
    sounds like you had to jump through some hoops to get them?

not at all. ordered them the other day. two day later they arrived. I live in the north so it was no hassle at all. Southern addresses seem to cause the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

The only bibshorts left on the ebay site are XS :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi Folks,

In a move that is unlikely to surprise those who where through this before - Belkin Order Risk Management cancelled my order. I've got back on to @BelkinCares, but it seems unlikely that they can do anything - oh well.

Paddy

PS I was unaware when I made the original post that this had come up before - I can only apologize to anyone who got drawn into a frustrating ordering process with Belkin because of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Hi Folks,

In a move that is unlikely to surprise those who where through this before - Belkin Order Risk Management cancelled my order. I've got back on to @BelkinCares, but it seems unlikely that they can do anything - oh well.

Paddy

PS I was unaware when I made the original post that this had come up before - I can only apologize to anyone who got drawn into a frustrating ordering process with Belkin because of my post.
    I got a phone call from Belkin risk management in London, asking me to confirm the last 4 digits of my card and my postal address. This all checked out and they said my stuff will be in the post today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I got an email from the risk management guys saying that I should call them.

I did and they have confirmed that they cannot ship to Parcel Motel address - fine by me, as I started doubting a bit in the quality of the kit after some comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I had to phone them back Friday evening (they never did the call back they requested). Wanted to know the last 4 digits of the card and my relationship to the delivery addressee. They said it would be processed, and I'd receive a mail. No email, and still saying "In Process" in my account on the Belkin Website....

My ebay order has been dispatched to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

flying11 wrote: »
    I got a phone call from Belkin risk management in London, asking me to confirm the last 4 digits of my card and my postal address. This all checked out and they said my stuff will be in the post today :)

Are you in the Republic and using a parcel motel address?

If so I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Alek wrote: »
    I got an email from the risk management guys saying that I should call them.

I did and they have confirmed that they cannot ship to Parcel Motel address - fine by me, as I started doubting a bit in the quality of the kit after some comments here.

It's santini gear so i wouldnt worry about quality of the kit.

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Well my stuff is in the post and I have a Royal Mail tracking number.

ted1 wrote: »
    Well my stuff is in the post and I have a Royal Mail tracking number.

So what you're telling me is it's not in your hand yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Yes, im in the republic. Did'nt use parcel motel, just used my own address. Just waiting on a confirmation email now but the phone operator assured me it would be posted

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

They probably got so much Irish interest that they might have decided to let a few out once their UK customers were looked after, after all the earlier stuff I just gave up on getting it after trying every option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm after getting two emails both sent at 10:43

First one said my order was confirmed
    Second one said my order was cancelled?

What does that mean exactly?

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    What does that mean exactly?

Only Belkin know - I'd suggest getting in touch with @BelkinCares on Twitter as I've found them to be the best way to get answers.

Paddy

PS To provide a guess, I suspect your order is cancelled - there seems to be an internal process in Belkin that makes cancelled orders un-recoverable, and I suspect the fact that you got a cancellation email is a bad sign.

Only Belkin know - I'd suggest getting in touch with @BelkinCares on Twitter as I've found them to be the best way to get answers.

Paddy

PS To provide a guess, I suspect your order is cancelled - there seems to be an internal process in Belkin that makes cancelled orders un-recoverable, and I suspect the fact that you got a cancellation email is a bad sign.

I'll get on to them. Weird because it's a UK delivery address and paid with a UK card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

G1032 wrote: »
    First one said my order was confirmed
    Second one said my order was cancelled?
    QUOTE]

What a bloody mess........'Cowboy's Ted... Cowboys'. !!!!!

Masala wrote: »

What a bloody mess........'Cowboy's Ted... Cowboys'. !!!!!

Aaannnndddddd I've just this minute recieved a third mail telling me the order has been shipped. Happy days

You may well find it's not. ;)

You may well find it's not. ;)

Nothing would surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Got an eamil asking me to ontact Belkin support to confirm details. I did and got an email confirming my order.

I have now received an email stating my order has been cancelled and I will get a discount of 10% for their website which expires the end of Feb.

What a disaster of customer service.
    Dear customer,

Thank you for ordering from Belkin. You may have already received an automated email informing you that your order has been successfully submitted.

However there has been an overwhelming demand on the Belkin Pro Cycling gear promotion and we have to make our apologies not being able to fulfil your order.

We understand you were looking forward receiving your Belkin Pro Cycling Team collectors' item(s) and we are sorry to disappoint you. As we are no longer offering cycling gear for sale on the website, we like to offer you a 10% discount* on a future purchase on Belkin.co.uk using promo code PCT15AP
    This code expires February 28, 2015.

If you are a Belkin.com registered user you can also check your order status anytime at My Account.
    For additional questions or contact information, please visit our Online Order Support.

Again, our sincerest apologies and thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Got a friend in London to buy the kit for me..
    All well, got confirmation email, then last night the dreaded "due to overwhelming demand, we cannot ...."
    So , no kit........ :mad:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Just an update on my cancelled order - @BelkinCares got someone to call me - very understanding, but couldn't help. They promised a voucher, but it never arrived!

But I did manage to order again from the ebay store for the bits I wanted by watching it... looking good, one shipped & one being processed.

I've posted a long rant @BelkinCares on twitter.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just tweeted them also paddy .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement