Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin gear thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Using Parcel Motel but saying CREDIT CARD DECLINED. I presume it's because the billing address is not matching the credit cards details

It went fine for me - its not about the billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Alek wrote: »
    It went fine for me - its not about the billing address.

Can't figure it out?? Even made an account with them but alas no.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

Visa or Mastercard?

It worked with my Mastercard issued by BOI.

Wont seem to work with mine though. Using PM address too. Were you getting an error: 'No record of your shipping address was found. Please enter a valid address or choose to move forward anyway.'

'No record of your shipping address was found. Please enter a valid address or choose to move forward anyway.'

Click the button directly below this text to proceed - on the next page both addresses are correct. Got me confused too.

Click the button directly below this text to proceed - on the next page both addresses are correct. Got me confused too.

Thanks but when I do that and confirm the order then it sends me to verified by mastercard and then when it sends me back to the belkin site it says 'Card declined'

How did you enter the PM address?

• Advertisement

335973.JPG

Thanks Alek copied that exactly but still no joy! Thanks for the help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

12 element wrote: »
    How did you enter the PM address?
    Just off the phone to them - they won't deliver to a freight forwarding company apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Anyone have an update re the belkin gear? Mine is still showing as order submitted but not confirmed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Has anyone tried using a 3V card for the belkin gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

flying11 wrote: »
    Anyone have an update re the belkin gear? Mine is still showing as order submitted but not confirmed...

This all happened last year.

Credit cards must have some sort of IP address like thing that a country/company can turn on, to decline a sale. All this was here last year?

I have a couple of UK addresses verified to my CC and I couldn't buy the stuff the last time, even though it looked like it went through, and that was after a lot of pain using an Irish address and parcel motel :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,305 ✭✭✭✭ted1

This all happened last year.

Credit cards must have some sort of IP address like thing that a country/company can turn on, to decline a sale. All this was here last year?

I have a couple of UK addresses verified to my CC and I couldn't buy the stuff the last time, even though it looked like it went through, and that was after a lot of pain using an Irish address and parcel motel :/

The first few digits are bank and country code

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had one order cancelled, as above, because they won't ship to frieght forwarding company. Just had an email saying there's an issue with my second attempt, which was delivery to a relation in Britain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

just when I decide to buy bibs!
    bummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Ive that Belkin stuff sitting in my basket ready to hit pay but I think i would feel like a full kit wanker wearing it.

Totally empathising with -- and chortling at! -- the "full kit wanker" bit. I must admit after being a "shirt and jeans" cyclist I still feel a fraud even in Aldi (and maybe some token Lidl and other bits and bobs) cycling gear...

Is there some cycling sumptuary law relating how fast you're going to how fancily you're entitled to be dressed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Is there some cycling sumptuary law relating how fast you're going to how fancily you're entitled to be dressed? :)

The only rules I've ever seen are these ones - see rule 17

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Got an email this morning saying order confirmed and will be shipping soon. All addresses show Ireland on the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

Hi all, did anyone buy that Belkin gear last time it was on offer and find it dodgey? I got the bib shorts and replica team jersey and the bib shorts are completely flimsey and see through and the jersey is badly sized with the sleeves in particular you could put an elephants trunk through them! Not cycling kit at all. SO much so that one of us that got it were in Mallorca and went into a pro shop there and they laughed at them for wearing fake kit and showed them the real stuff! So i'm convinved it was fake! anyone else? i know 4 of us that got it and all the same! And trying to get support from the Belkin website is impossible, even the support phone number in the uk is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If I get fake gear from belkin I would be onto santini. I'm sure that they would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive ahd the amount for te Belkin gear taken from my debit card but expecting it to be refunded. Despite it saying "declined" when i was going through the process i saw it took the money yesterday. I have a feeling if i really want the kit id manage to get it sorted through their twitter Belkin Cares account. They seem to be very helpful but im not going to push it following the comment on kit quality above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Is some of the kit made by Giant and some made by Santini?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,305 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bambaata wrote: »
    Ive ahd the amount for te Belkin gear taken from my debit card but expecting it to be refunded. Despite it saying "declined" when i was going through the process i saw it took the money yesterday. I have a feeling if i really want the kit id manage to get it sorted through their twitter Belkin Cares account. They seem to be very helpful but im not going to push it following the comment on kit quality above
    Me too, money being held even though it was declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I got the Team Argos-Shimano last year and the kit was ok and have an old Team Sako kit, that's the full extent of my team kits after that its a mix and match and have enough team kits.

I don't see what the problem is with wearing a team kit? Sure every sport has team kits and just cause someone can't cycle like a pro doesn't make any difference.

How many have bikes the same as a pro team but can't cycle like them

Rant over 😄😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 15,488 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

^^^ its not the wearing of the jersey or shorts that is the problem, it is the wearing of them together.

While people do use their teams jersey while playing football etc, you would seriously question anyone that turns up with the while kit. Jersey, socks, shorts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Sorry to prolong this but they are also selling the Belkin gear through their official ebay shop. Just ordered bibs and paid through paypal with free postage to Belfast.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Belkin-Bibshorts-Official-Replica-L-/261536192501?pt=UK_Cycling_Clothing&hash=item3ce4c597f5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

dexty wrote: »
    Hi all, did anyone buy that Belkin gear last time it was on offer and find it dodgey? I got the bib shorts and replica team jersey and the bib shorts are completely flimsey and see through and the jersey is badly sized with the sleeves in particular you could put an elephants trunk through them! Not cycling kit at all. SO much so that one of us that got it were in Mallorca and went into a pro shop there and they laughed at them for wearing fake kit and showed them the real stuff! So i'm convinved it was fake! anyone else? i know 4 of us that got it and all the same! And trying to get support from the Belkin website is impossible, even the support phone number in the uk is useless

Can anyone else comment on this before I get any kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Yeah. Ask yourself this question and if the answer is yes, fire away.....

Will it not bother me to be one of many going around in out-of-date Belkin gear that everyone will recognise as coming out of this sale.......?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Yeah. Ask yourself this question and if the answer is yes, fire away.....

Will it not bother me to be one of many going around in out-of-date Belkin gear that everyone will recognise as coming out of this sale.......?

I got the Argos-Shimano kit last year, which was very popular as it was a great deal and very comfy, well fitting gear, wear it all the time. Who cares what other people think? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    If the kit is good quality, serves me well and I like it why should I care what other people think? Not to mention it is cheaper than some chinese knock-offs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Zyzz wrote: »
    Can anyone else comment on this before I get any kit?

I did the Santini bibs and jersey last time and I have no problems with it, last time the stuff was on offer they were also selling the kit from the year before at the same time, this was made by giant and sized completely different. It would not be the same quality as the Santini made stuff for the next year (which is what is on sale now).

Advertisement