Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin gear thread

Options
  • 21-01-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Not sure how good this is, but spotted this on hduk and thought I'd share - Belkin team gear heavily reduced: http://www.belkin.com/uk/factory-store/

BIB Shorts £79.99 down to £14.99
    Jersey £49.99 down to £4.99
    Jacket £137.99 down to £29.99

Site size guide suggests it's made by Santini - thoughts?

Paddy

PS Postage is free (perhaps UK only, so may need Parcel Motel) for orders over £40.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Not sure how good this is, but spotted this on hduk and thought I'd share - Belkin team gear heavily reduced: http://www.belkin.com/uk/factory-store/

Paddy

PS Postage is free (perhaps UK only, so may need Parcel Motel) for orders over £40.

Came up before, think you need mainland UK address or CC has to be in UK. A number of us tried and failed to process it using PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Came up before, think you need mainland UK address or CC has to be in UK. A number of us tried and failed to process it using PM.

Oh, damn. For what's it's worth I tweeted @BelkinCares asking if there was an way to use their online store from Ireland....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭pats22b

just tried belkin site IRL cc still no good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Oh, damn. For what's it's worth I tweeted @BelkinCares asking if there was an way to use their online store from Ireland....

Paddy
    Just tried there using, and it wasn't having it. Credit Card failing because of the address I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Just tried there using, and it wasn't having it. Credit Card failing because of the address I think.

It works if you're using Northern Ireland address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I tried last time and had the funds "held" for a few days then refunded.
    No email from Belkin at all.
    Just be warned if you're trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Will an Irish credit Card and a Parcel Motel address work???

They charging £5.99 delivery on shorts and with PM at €3.95..... the euro cost is close to €32 +/-. Might be bothered if the process is not over-complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Masala wrote: »
    Will an Irish credit Card and a Parcel Motel address work???

They charging £5.99 delivery on shorts and with PM at €3.95..... the euro cost is close to €43 +/-. Don't know if I am really bothered if the process is over-complicated!

Parcel Motel is very easy to use once you have set-up an account and they give you a Dublin and Belfast address to use.

Watch out for parcel sizes though. There are three maximum sizes that fit into their boxes. Anything outside the dimensions has to be collected from a main depot.

Managed to get an order through, with a sterling card and parcel motel. Shouldn't have to wait long to find out if it worked, if their delivery times are to be believed.

pats22b wrote: »
    just tried belkin site IRL cc still no good

OK - Just a brief update - @BelkinCares, told me to ring UK customer care - they directed me to leave the country as UK, but enter my full address (I entered Ireland as my post code) - the order went through on the web site (including redirecting to Verified By Visa, with my irish bank). I'll just wait and see if it works, based on some of the comments here - I'm half expecting it to be cancelled in a few days.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Paddy

Thanks for this. Got two pairs of shorts and a jersey. Jacket was sold out by the time I got to it and the polo shirt was only left in XL which is too big for me but I'm delighted to get the bib shorts. Have a pair of Santinis already and find them to be great quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Paddy

I got some of the stuff a while ago when it was on clearance (had to get it sent to Belfast), it's good quality gear and well worth the money for general use. I found the pad on the shorts very good you certainly will not get any better at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

OK - Just a brief update - @BelkinCares, told me to ring UK customer care - they directed me to leave the country as UK, but enter my full address (I entered Ireland as my post code) - the order went through on the web site (including redirecting to Verified By Visa, with my irish bank). I'll just wait and see if it works, based on some of the comments here - I'm half expecting it to be cancelled in a few days.

Paddy
    Just tried there with several different credit cards all were declined after getting past Verified By Visa, etc. Did you use PM as the shipping address and an Irish address as the billing address?

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Just tried there with several different credit cards all were declined after getting past Verified By Visa, etc. Did you use PM as the shipping address and an Irish address as the billing address?

Used my Irish address for both billing and shipping (belkin support assured me they'll dispatch direct to here). I filled in my address as normal, with ireland as the post code. For me that matches my actual address with a UK after ireland - I suspect this may be key to passing the cc verification.

Paddy

Used my Irish address for both billing and shipping (belkin support assured me they'll dispatch direct to here). I filled in my address as normal, with ireland as the post code. For me that matches my actual address with a UK after ireland - I suspect this may be key to passing the cc verification.

Paddy
    I did this, but got an email this evening saying there's an issue and call support. Will phone in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Declines mine every which way. Belkin say they're looking into it. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

I got an order submission email and they have taken the money from my account so fingers crossed it worked.

I left United Kingdom as the country (in the drop down menu) but i used IRELAND as the postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Tried as you advised Paddy and the order was accepted, for now. Thanks for posting offer, it'd be nice to get a decent set of bibs for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kavrocks wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

ted1 wrote: »
    Same here

I used IRL address, same for posting and billing, and put Ireland in the postcode. It was approved, but may get an email later to say its not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Used Parcel Motel's Antrim address for both shipping and billing, payment went through. Waiting for confirmation....

Still no luck no matter what address or credit card combination, always the same declined message :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I feel a sense of deja vu here.

Have we not been down this road more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Ive that Belkin stuff sitting in my basket ready to hit pay but I think i would feel like a full kit wanker wearing it. I have a full tinkoff saxo kit in the house and I always feel silly wearing it now. £31 for santini gear is hard to turn down.

Still no luck no matter what address or credit card combination

Visa or Mastercard?

It worked with my Mastercard issued by BOI.

Alek wrote: »
    Visa or Mastercard?

It worked with my Mastercard issued by BOI.
    Tried both. AIB Visa and AvantCard Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Gave up as no matter what I tried it didn't work, and I used 2 Dublin address for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Using Parcel Motel but saying CREDIT CARD DECLINED. I presume it's because the billing address is not matching the credit cards details because you can't pick Ireland as country.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

greenmat wrote: »
    Using Parcel Motel but saying CREDIT CARD DECLINED. I presume it's because the billing address is not matching the credit cards details because you can't pick Ireland as country.

I tried everything including the same billing and postal address just no joy, maybe they don't want an Irish Invasion, probably better off that it didn't work for me

• Advertisement

i would feel like a full kit wanker wearing it.

I had that moment of hesitation alright ;-)

Its all fine if you do not wear bib and jersey together. Now click that button, you know you want to :D

Advertisement