Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pats accused of under inflating game balls against the Colts (MOD WARNING #457)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DecStone

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you saying that what happened in Missouri cannot be mentioned and have a major bearing on the result in any other state?

It can be used of course but it sets no legal precedent whatsoever and would not be used for the purpose of 'precedent' - IMO it might even damage the appeal to try that.

Individual States rights - and each States' independence over their own legal systems- are viewed as very important. States individual rights to determine their own laws is one of the major political battlegrounds in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DecStone

Hazys wrote: »
    It was a tongue in cheek post, you knew what he was implying, jaysus.

I could see that but nonetheless the narrative around the whole issue is getting muddied - or inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Hazys wrote: »
    Looks like it was a strategic move by the NFL: have Troy Vincent give out the punishment so it leaves Goodell free to handle the appeal. The Supreme Court has already said its impossible for Goodell as Commissioner to be independent.

Its so sickening that we can't get a fair trail. I have a feeling Goodell will drop the suspension to 2 games and slightly drop the team's punishment but if the appeal was seen by a truly independent arbitrator, the suspension would be completely dropped and the team's punishment would be dropped significantly to just a slap on the wrist.

I think Brady and Kraft need to take this to the courts regardless of the outcome of the appeal because we know it won't be fair.

How are the NFL so corrupt and they still get away with it? Its disgusting that we love the game so much that we can't stop watching to hurt the NFL where it matters to them, the bottom line. TBH this is the first time i have actually considered to stop watching the NFL, how l realistic that is, is probably not that great.

Tom Brady getting a four game suspension might make you stop watching the NFL but Ray Rice only getting two games for beating the ****e out of his wife and then the Ravens/NFL attempting to cover it up didn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Tom Brady getting a four game suspension might make you stop watching the NFL but Ray Rice only getting two games for beating the ****e out of his wife and then the Ravens/NFL attempting to cover it up didn't?

So are you suggesting that Hazys finds men beating women acceptable? Because it certainly reads that way.

Of course the comparison you made is completely ridiculous. Because the key difference is - Rice was guilty, there was indisputable evidence of his guilt. Brady on the other hand seems to have become a scape goat, for an NFL trying to repair the damage/fall out from its incompetent handling of Rice affair. The league office wouldn't know what 'integrity' was if it kicked them in the balls. If Andrew Luck was in the same position as Brady, I'm sure your tune would quickly change. As a neutral observer who bothered to read the Wells report and didn't just use selective & prejudiced quotes from some media sources. I believe that the Wells report is a complete joke, laughable and so vagarious, it wouldn't stand up in any court. The NFL's handling of a completely minor issue, has become a total embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

The Ray rice case is not applicable the nfl have admitted to making a mistake in that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

nerd69 wrote: »
    The Ray rice case is not applicable the nfl have admitted to making a mistake in that

Eventually and only because they were so publicly disgraced over the whole affair. They've already bungled the handling of overexaggerated-gate, they just haven't admitted it yet and probably won't for some time.

Eventually and only because they were so publicly disgraced over the whole affair. They've already bungled the handling of overexaggerated-gate, they just haven't admitted it yet and probably won't for some time.

That's ireelivant you can't referance Ray rice when ye league and everyone else admits it was mishandled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Why are Patriots fan feeling so persecuted? It's clear that Brady had something to hide. It has also transpired that the investigators never asked for Brady's phone; they asked for a print out of the relevant texts which he refused. The line coming out from the Patriots to the media is a load of nonsense. Jim McNally was asked to be interviewed and the Patriots refused Wells request despite Wells insisting that the interview could have been done at home or work or wherever McNally decided, however The New England Patriots denied this request.

Those are two critical points that have been pointed out by Patriots fans on here and two points that have since transpired to be a complete fabrication by the Patriots. It's beyond an embarrassing nightmare for the Patriots at this stage. No matter what the key issue here was Brady and the Patriots weren't cooperative. Their guilt is fairly certain but not beyond a reasonable doubt but you can stick a big fat asterisk beside those achievements IMO. Also the behaviour of Robert Kraft is completely bizarre over this whole fiasco. Firstly, he demanded an apology before it even started. Then when the report came out he said that he would have accepted being punished but the punishment handed down by the NFL was too severe.

There is far too much smoke without fire and ultimately the Patriots have been found to be cheating, once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

glued wrote: »
    Why are Patriots fan feeling so persecuted? It's clear that Brady had something to hide. It has also transpired that the investigators never asked for Brady's phone; they asked for a print out of the relevant texts which he refused. The line coming out from the Patriots to the media is a load of nonsense. Jim McNally was asked to be interviewed and the Patriots refused Wells request despite Wells insisting that the interview could have been done at home or work or wherever McNally decided, however The New England Patriots denied this request.

Those are two critical points that have been pointed out by Patriots fans on here and two points that have since transpired to be a complete fabrication by the Patriots. It's beyond an embarrassing nightmare for the Patriots at this stage. No matter what the key issue here was Brady and the Patriots weren't cooperative. Their guilt is fairly certain but not beyond a reasonable doubt but you can stick a big fat asterisk beside those achievements IMO. Also the behaviour of Robert Kraft is completely bizarre over this whole fiasco. Firstly, he demanded an apology before it even started. Then when the report came out he said that he would have accepted being punished but the punishment handed down by the NFL was too severe.

There is far too much smoke without fire and ultimately the Patriots have been found to be cheating, once again.
    Most clueless biased post in the thread so far I think.

hahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

hahahahahahahaha

I'm glad I gave you a laugh. It seems like you needed one.

• Advertisement

hahahahahahahaha

well look who's found there sense of humour :roll eyes:

this whole thing is blown out of proportion its a minimal crime and the punishment/coverage has been disproportionate but given what we know now i would say its clueless and biased to claim brady innocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

I said this before and I will say it again. Feel free to continue to take Jabs at the Patriots and their fans. If your team ever goes through this type of nonsense scandal we will be there to remind of how much you gave us sh1t. I love how folk come out of the woodwork or can't even put a constructive post together take shots. My hat really does go off to those guys in here that actually do make a proper effort to engage and not just go down the route of oh you guys are just cheaters.

JCTO wrote: »
    I said this before and I will say it again. Feel free to continue to take Jabs at the Patriots and their fans. If your team ever goes through this type of nonsense scandal we will be there to remind of how much you gave us sh1t. I love how folk come out of the woodwork or can't even put a constructive post together take shots. My hat really does go off to those guys in here that actually do make a proper effort to engage and not just go down the route of oh you guys are just cheaters.

Who do you feel is having a jab

Who do you feel is having a jab

There has been plenty in here and they know who they are. But my statement was more of a general post and not at anyone in particular For the most part though the thread in my eyes has been full of constructive posts whether I agree or disagree with said posts. Guys actually putting effort into their posts rather than just slinking down to Oh but they cheated post in response to everything.

this whole thing is blown out of proportion its a minimal crime and the punishment/coverage has been disproportionate but given what we know now i would say its clueless and biased to claim brady innocent
    Well the word innocent is one thing but not guilty of anything based on evidence is a completely different thing.

I haven't a clue if he is guilty of anything or not but I am sure that the Well's report was designed to make him look guilty of something even though they had no proof.

glued wrote: »

To actually look at your post though. The Patriots never denied the request of the NFL to interview McNally they reject a 5th request. Wells says he only spoke to McNally once which is true but McNally also spoke to NFL officials 3 times prior. The Patriots agreement with the investigation and their employees was 1 interview with Wells " “barring unanticipated circumstances.” When he asked the for the 2nd interview he refused to say why so the Pats denied him. But the Pats and most Pats fans have claimed multiple interviews by the NFL not just Wells. The Patriots cooperated 4 times with the NFL including Wells that was the point.

When they requested the 5th interview they asked the investigator what was the unanticipated circumstance and the investigators wouldn't tell the Patriots what it was. So their counsel told them to decline as per the agreement.

Now the problem is here Wells slipped up and only realised he had all the texts after he interviewed McNally and didn't know he could have already asked McNally in that 7 hour interview. As he fooked up and then refused to give his reason for the 5th NFL interview 2nd Wells Interview he wasn't going to get it.

Well has also contradicted himself since the report has been released:
    At page 87, Wells quotes a text message from November 2014 in which McNally said, “Deflate and give somebody that [jacket].” Wells then explains in the report, “We planned to discuss this message with McNally during our requested follow-up interview. As noted above, we were unable to do so because counsel for the Patriots refused to make McNally available.”
    In other words, Wells’ comments to Hubbuch are not factually accurate. Wells now says didn’t notice the May 2014 “Deflator” text message because he had reviewed only the text messages sent during the 2014 football season, and yet the Wells report expressly states that he wanted to question McNally a second time about one of the text messages sent during the 2014 football season.

As for Bradys phone I am sorry but Brady was under no legal obligation to hand over his phone or evidence from his phone and all those who are using the phone against Brady need to get a grip. Simple fact is they had what they needed from the other texts. Do you honestly think Brady would have handed over "other" evidence outside those texts IF there was any? See this is the problem with this. Easy for Wells to say oh look he is being uncooperative. Such nonsense. It was a no win situation for Brady and he knew that hence why the NFLPA have gotten involved. They were most likely involved since day one telling him his rights. But what if Brady felt he did nothing wrong and felt he didn't have anything to hand over? See how easy it is to use "Probably more than not"
    Those are two critical points that have been pointed out by Patriots fans on here and two points that have since transpired to be a complete fabrication by the Patriots.

But there is glaring holes on both sides of the report. But to saying they are complete fabrication is nonsense.
    Their guilt is fairly certain but not beyond a reasonable doubt but you can stick a big fat asterisk beside those achievements IMO.

You truly think deflated footballs were the reason for the Bowl win? I mean why else would you stick an asterisk which people are obsessed with doing beside their season? I laugh at comments like this coming out from this deflategate.

Broncos got caught in the 90s cheating the salary cap. Was anyone crying out for an asterisk on their Bowl wins? The Saints Bounty scandal ran from their Superbowl winning season and did anyone cry for an asterisk for that winning season? If you can prove all of the above helped the teams win their bowls go ahead and throw all the asterisks in the world on their wins but if you cannot then it is pointless saying oh there should be an asterisk on their achievements.
    Also the behaviour of Robert Kraft is completely bizarre over this whole fiasco. Firstly, he demanded an apology before it even started. Then when the report came out he said that he would have accepted being punished but the punishment handed down by the NFL was too severe.

Or He knew nothing about it and with a knee jerk reaction demanded his apology and then when things went bad he using damage control to respond. Why is it bizarre though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

And yet not one shred of concrete evidence has been produced to tell us that he is guilty.

Heh, I think it's more probably than not that you'll be out on the piss later on and starting fights, just because you're Irish and that's what ye do.:rolleyes:

Vandango wrote: »
    And yet not one shred of concrete evidence has been produced to tell us that he is guilty.

Heh, I think it's more probably than not that you'll be out on the piss later on and starting fights, just because you're Irish and that's what ye do.:rolleyes:
    Well what we know is that the ball boys where sending texts and knew what they where doing was wrong. Now there are only a few ways that they know what psi brady likes hiss balls at and bradys involved in most of them

Well what we know is that the ball boys where sending texts and knew what they where doing was wrong. Now there are only a few ways that they know what psi brady likes hiss balls at and bradys involved in most of them
    How has it become public knowledge that they knew they were doing something wrong?

How has it become public knowledge that they knew they were doing something wrong?

He called himself the deflator and threatened to go to espn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He called himself the deflator and threatened to go to espn

He was just trying to lose weight man :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    He was just trying to lose weight man :pac:

:D touché

Mods, as the Pats organisation has been punished for wrongdoing, and they and Tom Brady are being called "cheats" across the media, is it okay to use the term here or must we still walk on eggshells despite the findings?

Mods, as the Pats organisation has been punished for wrongdoing, and they and Tom Brady are being called "cheats" across the media, is it okay to use the term here or must we still walk on eggshells despite the findings?

Such an odd thing to ask considering practically every page since the findings came out at least one post per page has called the Pats cheats and it hasn't looked like anyone has been warned by a mod for it.

JCTO wrote: »
    Such an odd thing to ask considering practically every page since the findings came out at least one post per page has called the Pats cheats and it hasn't looked like anyone has been warned by a mod for it.

You evidently did not read the mod warning here. The forum charter was changed to clamp down on the Pats cheating posts...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94087543&postcount=457

If they are now allowing them in light of the findings, it would only make sense.

You evidently did not read the mod warning here. The forum charter was changed to clamp down on the Pats cheating posts...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94087543&postcount=457

If they are now allowing them in light of the findings, it would only make sense.
    Well whatever, just as long as you are ready to accept the same when Aaron Rodgers gets labeled a cheat during overinflategate! :D

Why not just say they cheated in this case? You could call every team in the league cheaters by your logic. Really just sounds like your trying to be snide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

glued* wrote: »
    Why are Patriots fan feeling so persecuted?

* Comments made by someone with a clear grudge/bias against the Patriots.

Well whatever, just as long as you are ready to accept the same when Aaron Rodgers gets labeled a cheat during overinflategate! :D

Oh if there are findings made against Rodgers that he cheated, he can be labelled a cheat.

Mind you, doubt the rules here would be changed over it!

• Advertisement

* Comments made by someone with a clear grudge/bias against the Patriots.

and most pats fans have been massively biased the other way i dont think anything he said was outrageous

Advertisement