Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 - how's your property search going?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

TheDriver wrote: »
    I am noticing houses that were on the market for 3-4 years appearing back on the market at a good hike which is somewhat laughable, they didn't sell at the reasonable price so now expectations are even higher.......

and not just being flipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Desmonddoyle

How bad would you feel, or how mad would you have to be to pay almost half a million for this, when you know it was bought just over a year ago for 220k.
    Fair enough, he put some money into, but not a hell of a lot as its got a pathetic G BER rating and he didn't touch the roof, which may need replacing soon (next door have a brand new roof). Couldn't have spent more than 20 or 30 grand.

Utter greed asking for 450. They won't get near that for a house there, but there is always some eejit in this city who is going to get royally screwed

Can't post links, because I'm a new poster, but
    16-whitworth-road-phibsboro-dublin-7 currently for sale on my home at €449 k and can also be seen on the property price register being bought 18 months ago for € 220.

It will be interesting to see how much that goes for - a good indication of just how mad the market is again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

farrerg wrote: »
    and not just being flipped?

nope, they never sold (its a big town, same cars still outside, not on PPR etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Right, signing contracts on Tuesday, vendor really looks as if they want to get cracking now. Not happy about signing without a closing date but we'll see on Tuesday.

Very, very excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Right, signing contracts on Tuesday, vendor really looks as if they want to get cracking now. Not happy about signing without a closing date but we'll see on Tuesday.

Very, very excited!

Genuine question, is this not very unusual? How can a contract involving a sale be signed by both parties without having a closing date?

• Advertisement

Genuine question, is this not very unusual? How can a contract involving a sale be signed by both parties without having a closing date?

Apparently it's the practice for the closing date to be inserted later! I've a legal background (of sorts albeit undergrad) and it was news to me but this is a practice area to be fair. Open to correction. Although to be clear I think the buyer signs then the vendor signs once the date is inserted. Open to correction there too!

Seems negotiable though!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭foxhill

It looks like prices are coming down for some and going up too..
    source: daftdrop dot com and press search!

while looking at price register, there r also less 'sold' in the month of Jan 15. e.q. in clonee & clonsilla there is only one 'sold' so far!
    source:check price register on daft dot com and chose area clonee.

Though, I believe may be its due to quality of house stock available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be very wary of open-ended closing dates like that unless you're not too pushed about the closing date. Of course, the contracts don't come into effect until both parties have signed, but giving full control to the vendor to decide a closing date means that you may have to wait for them to decide before you can find a closing date for selling your own property.

seamus wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of open-ended closing dates like that unless you're not too pushed about the closing date. Of course, the contracts don't come into effect until both parties have signed, but giving full control to the vendor to decide a closing date means that you may have to wait for them to decide before you can find a closing date for selling your own property.

+1 Interesting thread in LD about this very issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still on the hunt.

Couple of houses have went sale agreed around or just over asking we have been to see.

A few houses despite "having bids" since pre christmas have yet to go sale agreed.

One thing i have noticed, agents from the bigger EAs seem a bit more realistic about bids, a couple of smaller ones seem still seem to think its 2006/07

We may make a bid during the week, it will probably be about 27-30%% below asking, there are no other offers. It has been on sale for a good while, it definitely requires a good bit of cosmetic work, so we'll see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Myself and the other half have been looking since November. We went to an open view today and we think that it might be the one!!

It's reasonably priced for the area but it's for the plot of land and the four walls more so than the internals. (Everything including the stairs will get pulled).

Having a re-view of the property during the week. Fingers crossed!!

On a side note, make sure you get a Building Survey prior to purchasing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

A new development we missed out on launch has just had a cancellation. Good semi-d, good location and great value. Ticks most of my boxes. Agent says I have first dibs and need to let her know by midday Monday. Think I'm ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

We're found one now that we're very interested in, located in rural Limerick, close to the city for work. On the market for over 15 months, nearest bid was rejected as too low and those people were at their max with their bid according to the at auctioneer. Market is pretty stagnant in Limerick, particularly in this price range so we're going to play tough and put in a reasonable offer tomorrow hopefully.

Advertisement