Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 17th. January 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,167 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Dr. Christian's annual visit to the SNS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

twirlagig wrote: »
    I love Dr Christian! :)

He isn't wearing any mad shirts though like he does on his programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Plenty of cocaine on board here doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Old Brendan there, probably thinks he's Charlie, with the sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He is a good communicator , his head is a little bit freaky though in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tune makes me want to fire up the poitin still tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Yeah I heard that on the radio during the week... But that exception, where the BMI does not distinguish between muscle and fat for rugby players, weightlifters etc etc.... However, I dont think that woman plays rugby...

noone says she plays rugby?!!! I was just giving that example!!! Ok, here, in simple terms, John may be 19 stone, but is in good health, tall, doctors are unconcerned that his weight (although higher than it should be) is having any major impact on his health

Therefore John isn't classified as obese.

However Mary at 14 stone is struggling with health issues related to her weight and the doctor reckons that if she does not lose some weight, her illnesses will accellerate and she may have a lower life expectancy, therefore diagnosing her, at 13 stone, with her current BMI, as obese.

Incidentally, neither Mary nor John play rugby but John enjoys a game of chess and mary is a bingo shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Plenty of cocaine on board here doctor

There's definitely a coke theme tonight. The Operation Transformation guest was doing several cans of the stuff per day.

They said they wouldn't show my tweet, dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

He isn't wearing any mad shirts though like he does on his programme.

I do watch Embarrassing Bodies, cannot understand how people go on TV with intimate problems like they do - I felt minging showing my doc chilblains on my feet! :O

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Imagine losing your testicles in a marmite jar. Like getting a jar of pickles.

Poor oul Dr is alwul interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is the first time Brendan has shown any enthusiasm all show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

There was an interview in today's Guardian with Spencer Elden...one of the most famous babies of all time - but he seems to have turned out ok :)

Definitely a double-edged sword.

Thread Quiz: Who is Spencer Elden? (don't google)

why wouldnt he turn out ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I do watch Embarrassing Bodies, cannot understand how people go on TV with intimate problems like they do - I felt minging showing my doc chilblains on my feet! :O

They're embarrassed to go to their GP, but they're happy enough to be seen by millions on TV. I could never figure that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Oops69 wrote: »
    If they make some cash out of this , I think orthodontist should be high on the list for himself , however , a fist in the mouth could sort him out as well .

and a scalpel to the hair and jeans. the lad must be in his late 30s, trying to be 20. an odd couple. the f***ng accents, ah here. have they no shame?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Imagine losing your testicles in a marmite jar. Like getting a jar of pickles.

Imagine what he was doing with the testicles in the first place that the ended up in the jar!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's beyond absurd.

I'm too embarassed to go to my doctor, do I think I'll go on national TV?

Edit: Just saw HA's post!

They're embarrassed to go to their GP, but they're happy enough to be seen by millions on TV. I could never figure that one out.

ME either!

I like Dr. Christian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I like this guy.
    Good sense of humour and I like his honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"If you're on telly people presume that you must be really good at what you do"

Ryan Tubridy, Dermot Bannon, Amanda Brunker, Nicky Byrne, Donal Skehan ?????

I dont think anybody who watches RTE presumes that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Can anybody put a time when the English became demonstarative, and a reason why. Watch this "doctor" with the sound off. He'ld give you a nervous breakdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

The fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,566 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He should examine Brendans arm.

"If you're on telly people presume that you must be really good at what you do"

Ryan Tubridy, Dermot Bannon, Amanda Brunker, Nicky Byrne, Donal Skehan ?????

I dont think anybody who watches RTE presumes that..

Unless you're at the right place at the right time or you sleep with the right person ;)

With an itchy nose!

He should examine Brendans arm.

That's not embarrassing.

Unless he got it from tugging his todger too much.

(I can't believe I just said that!)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's beyond absurd.

I'm too embarassed to go to my doctor, do I think I'll go on national TV?

Edit: Just saw HA's post!

How about now?

3d-bag-filled-euro-6786075.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I like the programme , I think it might help people who are embarrassed to go to their doctor , I.e they may be encouraged to go by the programme and help breakdown some stereotypes about attending the gp , especially for men .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If there is a Mrs O'Reilly who sells a bit of ecstasy out there, she should complain that Christian is defaming her.

Advertisement