Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 17th. January 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

And they were completely unapologetic, and Brendan admired their courage. Double standards at work.

To be honest, I'd say they had battled with weight for so long that one day they just think 'Fcuk it' and try to be happy and confident with what they have! These people want to change and want to have a healthier life and body.

It can be really draining thinking daily, several times daily, about weight, what fits/doesn't fit, changing outfits a few times before you are happy with what you see etc. I have zero will power. I complain I complain I complain, and I wish for a size 12 wardrobe (!!!!) but I cannot stick to healthy eating. Maybe i've deeper rooted problems, I don't know.

I'll get off the stage now! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

But also, the rugby player would have a high muscle capacity, whereas she doesn't. Her weight is largely made up of fat. A rugby person wouldn't.

The BMI categories aren't accurate for athletes.

well this is my point!! obviously a rugby player can be obese also, I was only giving a general example of how an active person is less liable to be classified as obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I was, but the thread keeps dragging back.

It's like Carlito's Way.
    "you can check out anytime you like..........but you can never leave" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

you are a very angry ol' man donie!!

I'm not normally, I swear!

This sh*t is doing it to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

well this is my point!! obviously a rugby player can be obese also, I was only giving a general example of how an active person is less liable to be classified as obese.

Yeah I heard that on the radio during the week... But that exception, where the BMI does not distinguish between muscle and fat for rugby players, weightlifters etc etc.... However, I dont think that woman plays rugby...

• Advertisement

Not really. Any athletic person KNOWS that the BMI calculations won't apply to them in the same way.

and for the rest of us Average Joes, what do I care about anyone else's measurements?!

Thinking (wrongly) that Tommy Bowe (:D) is overweight or obese doesn't change my figures!!!!!

Sorry, but what sort of people take pleasure watching those mid wife / birth giving programmes. And what sort of people are happy to share that moment with the public.

Hitchens wrote: »
    hope it works out for them, especially the young chap

I wish him well but I wouldnt be hopeful... That is SOME routine he's got himself in to .....

Sorry, but what sort of people take pleasure watching those mid wife / birth giving programmes. And what sort of people are happy to share that moment with the public.

Might be the only vagina some men see :rolleyes:

Not this fella. I'm off to Match of the Day.

I mean it this time.

• Advertisement

I wish him well but I wouldnt be hopeful... That is SOME routine he's got himself in to .....

It certainly is. Very hard to break bad habits of a lifetime. Especially living at home. If he moved out & had to cook etc himself he might have some chance. He won't learn about nutrition etc if she does everything for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Attention-seeking idiots.

Thinking (wrongly) that Tommy Bowe (:D) is overweight or obese doesn't change my figures!!!!!

I was out with a girlfriend one time and Tommy Bowe walked in to the pub.. I says to the missus, okay if you think you can get his attention, I'll give you a one night only free pass... And she says "what? that fat bastard?"...

true story....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Might be the only vagina some men see :rolleyes:

You don't look at the mantlepiece when your stoking the fire.

Not really. Any athletic person KNOWS that the BMI calculations won't apply to them in the same way.

and for the rest of us Average Joes, what do I care about anyone else's measurements?!

Huh, you are going off on your own trail of thought. I was simply informing the op that obesity isn't measured by weight itself, but by impact of weight. I just gave the general example/analogy that an active person may be less liable to be classified obese, even if he/she is twice the weight of an unactive person. Less fat, more muscles, better blood flow, stronger lungs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Vloggers.

*shudder*

I didnt know they hypenated..... The Self-Indulgents...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Who is this plonker:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

2 septic human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Not this fella. I'm off to Match of the Day.

I mean it this time.

it blasphemy not to watch MOTD every Saturday, I thought everybody in the world knew this. Straight to hell with the lot of yee!

• Advertisement

I was out with a girlfriend one time and Tommy Bowe walked in to the pub.. I says to the missus, okay if you think you can get his attention, I'll give you a one night only free pass... And she says "what? that fat bastard?"...

true story....

Hahahahha

<3 Tommy Bowe.

Although Rob Kearney might be more of a favourite of mine......

My Wild Card Pass is already occupied though :-( Unless you're allowed more than 1 person?!

QI is on with Jimmy Carr and Lee Mack. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Jim Carrey's brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

These two are a pair of vacuous eejits.

She's hawt though........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Do they think they are American ?, astonishing stuff, maybe I'm getting old .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

He talks and sounds like Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

You don't look at the mantlepiece when your stoking the fire.

The least flattering compliment I ever heard from someone who quickly became an ex

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Having their kids on is exploitative, they have no choice, what if they want it all removed.

• Advertisement

Maybe when they are older and actually damaged by the process, we can be certain of the negative effects it's had on them.. But until then, we'll plough on..

Advertisement