Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 22 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    5 captain fails in a row.

Welcome back Kun. Default captain is going to him for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My disastrous run of gameweeks continues :) will be out to 5k at least after this!

Will drop the wildcard the second I get home from the in-laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

puncheon goal and assist , my first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

49 with only 2 to go.. 2 **** captain decisions in a row now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

38 from 7 after baps. Going to be nervous watching Aguero tomorrow after Kane(c) fail. Wildcard activated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

18 from 6. Down from 211th to 5k in 4 weeks :(

Making some terrible decisions lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Welcome back Kun. Default captain is going to him for me.

I think Sanchez has to get a serious look in for certain fixtures. He has the same potential I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

33 with BPS, Silva, Sanchez & Cresswell to go. Another captain fail

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If bonus stay as they are currently I'll be on 58 with 5 to play. Happy enough with that I guess but the ADM transfer last week is really annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KevIRL wrote: »
    If bonus stay as they are currently I'll be on 58 with 5 to play. Happy enough with that I guess but the ADM transfer last week is really annoying me

Selling him for Puncheon, only wish I'd done it this week instead of giving him another game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

You guess???

Benimar wrote: »
    You guess???

I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

0 bonus for me right now. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Love this. You were on here not long ago berating people for underplaying a great score.

Pot, kettle..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Gonna fly past a few people on IPB with that Costa captain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

It's alright I guess...would have been a lot better if you rounded up to 60 ;)

Pardew "It was an amazing game and I thought we deserved it. Jason Puncheon was the best player on the pitch today by a country mile"

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

43 after bonuses with Aguero (c), Silva, Sanchez and Wisdom left to play. The gameweek hinges on how well Kun does but if he even just gets an assist I should see green arrows on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

jimmii wrote: »
    You have 50 points. I would happily have a captain disaster and have 50 points now.

I've had about 6 blanks in a row for my captains!

With only 2 to play & no Aguero, some of my rivals with him as skipper.. makes me very nervous!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dahat wrote: »
    Pressure on Aguero now tomorrow, need him score 15 plus as Costa Capper's killing me in my mini league.

Longterm, I wouldn't worry about about anyone who captained Costa for two reasons...

1) He is a horrible captain choice so it was a bad move unless...
    2) They have no better captain choice which means their team is bad

Short term, a bad choice may work out (i.e captaining Costa) but long term, consistently making the better choices will win out.

As you said, Aguero to come and I have a third big mid in Silva to come instead of Costa.

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »
    Love this. You were on here not long ago berating people for underplaying a great score.

Pot, kettle..

lol, obviously I'm being tongue in cheek. Chill my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone who captained Costa has to be delighted. Kicking myself I didn't.

It's alright I guess...would have been a lot better if you rounded up to 60 ;)

This is the kind of thinking I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

lol, obviously I'm being tongue in cheek. Chill my friend.

But what is tongue in cheek to one, may not be to another.

Like what is a joke (the AUSTIN) thing, may not be a joke to others.

And you'll never get rid of something, if it's ok for some to say it and defend it with "only tongue in cheek", but then another poster says it and gets shot by the masses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

17 points from 5 plus captained played :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

30 pts with 4 to play incl Silva,Sanchez and Kun so hopefully things improve:)

irish son wrote: »
    17 points from 5 plus captained played :eek:

Ouch! Not doing too much better myself stupid fecking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Longterm, I wouldn't worry about about anyone who captained Costa for two reasons...

1) He is a horrible captain choice so it was a bad move unless...
    2) They have no better captain choice which means their team is bad

Short term, a bad choice may work out (i.e captaining Costa) but long term, consistently making the better choices will win out.

He wasn't a horrible captain choice. Against a lumbering Swansea defence who capitulate against decent opposition regularly, including Chelsea already this season. Costa had 4 in 6 before this game. Not following the crowd does not a bad captain choice make.....

Only one in my 29 man league to captain Aguero..

Cmon Kun!

• Advertisement

Markx wrote: »
    He wasn't a horrible captain choice. Against a lumbering Swansea defence who capitulate against decent opposition regularly, including Chelsea already this season. Costa had 4 in 6 before this game. Not following the crowd does not a bad captain choice make.....

Definitely not a bad pick but not the best pick for sure. We know Costa can score against anyone though so if you like a bit of a punt was definitely a good option to go for.

Advertisement