Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endurance Racing 2015+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,032 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

ScumLord wrote: »
    The F1 is much neater. You can see that the LMP is using a lot of off the shelf parts, normal nuts and bolts, fixtures for the hydraulics, it's doing the same job just not as efficiently. All these things are hidden and unrecognisable in the F1 car because it's all bespoke to that specific car.

I think the f1 suspension is trimmed down and needs to be as aero efficient as possible. The LMP1 suspension being under the body work can be spread out a bit. Checking the weight, its about 900kg for LMP1 (for audi, rules could let them go lower) vs 700kg for the f1 car so the f1 suspension can be a little leaner... im actually surprised the weight difference isnt more, maybe the f1 weight includes driver
    Edit: taking off driver weight... Maybe more like 640kg for f1 car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Killinator wrote: »
    Damn I miss Le Mans. Would ordinarily be gearing up to head over but alas not this year :(

Is that the first year, you'll miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think the f1 suspension is trimmed down and needs to be as aero efficient as possible. The LMP1 suspension being under the body work can be spread out a bit. Checking the weight, its about 900kg for LMP1 (for audi, rules could let them go lower) vs 700kg for the f1 car so the f1 suspension can be a little leaner... im actually surprised the weight difference isnt more, maybe the f1 weight includes driver
    Edit: taking off driver weight... Maybe more like 640kg for f1 car
    LMP also carries more bodywork, although it's probably only a few kilos. I wouldn't be too surprised at the weight difference. The LMP is already extremely light. To get lighter than that is going to be slow and expensive. Shaving a few grams here and there. Making everything from scratch so there's less fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Is that the first year, you'll miss it?

2nd now, going back next year.
    Was at the previous 5 before, it really does get under your skin!

Still my favorite photo taken in 2011 at the Dunlop Chicane
    IMG_1884_zpsqqjb6wvj.jpg

Murphy's unveiled their new livery today at La Sarthe:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1014936691930091&id=247688171988284

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

starting to get excited now

Le_Mans_Group_Shot.jpg

Loving the constant live feeds being broadcast on Facebook.

028d42dd1799454bb1be550b44d54785?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

I'm kinda jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Murphy's unveiled their new livery today at La Sarthe:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1014936691930091&id=247688171988284
    Livery was done by an Irish company who went over especially for it.

99 Red Balloons.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Livery was done by an Irish company who went over especially for it.

99 Red Balloons.

That's great exposure for them, fair play!

• Advertisement

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/06/10/fia-wec-clamps-down-on-blocking-tactics.html

Seems some people weren't happy with the Audi human wall :D
    “Anybody staying in front of the car when it is inside the garage is considered as an obstruction to the visibility inside the garage unless he has to work on the car. A line of people in front of the car is strictly prohibited.”
    During practice and the race:

The pit shutter (on the track side) must remain completely open;
    Visibility towards the inside of the garage must remain free of any obstruction of any kind whatsoever (bodywork parts, covers, piles of tyres, trolleys, etc.);
    Officials must have free access to the inside of the garage.

doubt they were the only ones doing it

Grim. wrote: »
    doubt they were the only ones doing it

They are generally the worst when it comes to that kinda thing though :)

I like this type of Wednesday, feet up with a nice cold drink watching Le Mans qualifying.

Looks pretty wet tonight... does that mean grid order will be based on yesterdays times (or was there a session earlier today?)

and red flag out

Even the safety car is all over the shop!!!
    This a bit damp alright.

It'll be the running order after last night.

Even the safety car is all over the shop!!!

If he'd ended up in the gravel he'd have looked a bit silly
    but held the slide nicely

Pity to see them all sitting about in garage

Cars now going the bones of 300kmph on a track that would have a safety car crawling around on in F1!
    Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Killinator wrote:
    Cars now going the bones of 300kmph on a track that would have a safety car crawling around on in F1! Good stuff.

In the dark....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Anyone want to throw up the streams that are available? Are Audi doing live streams again? I've got my Eurosport player, 2 iPads and a computer all ready to go.

afatbollix wrote: »
    Anyone want to throw up the streams that are available? Are Audi doing live streams again? I've got my Eurosport player, 2 iPads and a computer all ready to go.

updated

Remember everyone sleep is the enemy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Such a dilemma between the Ireland match, Le Mans and Formula One qualifying here! Think I'll watch the start of the race, then watch the match. Watch F1 on record later on in the day when Le mans quietens down and I also want to watch the Portugal match later on! Surely I'm not the only one frantically flicking between sports these days?! :pac:

So its chucking it down at the start line but dry around the back of the track. Going to be a interesting first few laps.

Going to say We will see a red flag at some point.

They won't beat the amount of miles completed but I think the lap record will be beaten.

Pity it's a safety car start but understandable hopefully it dries up for the evening, haven't seen forecast though

Going to try watch all three, on laptop and TV, I suppose at least qualifying action won't be for another hour towards the end of Q1

Started behind the safety car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Such a dilemma between the Ireland match, Le Mans and Formula One qualifying here! Think I'll watch the start of the race, then watch the match. Watch F1 on record later on in the day when Le mans quietens down and I also want to watch the Portugal match later on! Surely I'm not the only one frantically flicking between sports these days?! :pac:

No dilemma here. Currently have the laptop for live timing/Autosport live/internet, iPad for RLM studio stream, Surface for the standard feed, and the phone for the Ford feed.

should be green at the end of this lap i think

• Advertisement

yay

Advertisement