Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I brought a girl to the swimming pool for a first date...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I remember someone saying one time that if a girl always wears a lot of makeup, and she does, that a good idea to see what they truly look like without it is to go swimming with them. So when I suggested it she seemed a little sceptical at first but then seemed excited. Happy days, I thought. I'll get to see if she's actually still attractive without all that help.

When it came to it, I was in an out of the changing room in a flash and ran and dived right into the pool, like anyone would. About 10 minutes later she finally came out and walked over to the ladder and began climbing in. Slowly. Extremely slowly. When she got in, she kept her neck out of the water. At all times. For the entire swim. She wouldn't swim at all, just waddled around with her neck above water and refused to go to the deep end. When I asked if she was even able to swim she said she's a great swimmer but doesn't want to get her 'hair' wet.

Who goes into a pool with the aim to not get their hair wet? I went to the deep end on my own to gather my thoughts on how to end the date painlessly for both of us there and then but honestly ended up panicking and got out of the pool and shouted at her from the other end "I-I'm just gonna go to the toilet." I got dressed and left.

I feel kind of bad. Should I apologise and try to end up sleeping with her then get a shower together instead? In hindsight, this would've been a much simpler solution in the first place.
    You should feel bad, thats beyond rude...
    But seriously..if you're attracted to her with makeup on then who cares? Just be happy a girl you find attractive is attracted to you. I think it was mean to bring her to the pool for a first date, maybe she really likes you and is afraid you won't like her without makeup on. Maybe she is very self conscious and hates how she looks naturally. just giver her a break..anyway, personally I don't think looking different without makeup on a big enough deal breaker to not date somebody

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

crazygeryy wrote: »
    honestly is this your **** material?

How could anything I said even be remotely considered **** material?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

So you brought a girl to a swimming pool on your first date.....and she's the strange one??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Feck I'd definitely be legging it if I found a worm 'down there'!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

You shat in the pool, so had to get out quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I don't think I have seen this film to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

... so Im on this first date with this potential female from my database, and I've brought her to the genetics lab as a subtle way to examine her genetic background to see if she's good enough to impregnate.... but she's hesitant about giving a blood sample.
    So Im all like whatev's, Im off to Dubai for the weekend catch you on the flip side candidate 1756, hope you're still fertile when I get back. Stay away from chocolate and you might still be in with a chance.
    Should I re-select her for a 2nd date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Hoop66 wrote: »
    No running, no diving, NO HEAVY PETTING

Schoolboy error, OP.

Bingo. Was wondering when this sign was going to appear here.
    Iveagh baths in the 70s with all those chipped tiles. We were real men then, we didn't need swimming caps, we just drowned the nits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Skydiving for the second date. Guaranteed that the wind will blow the makeup right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Trollolololol

Plus, anyone that wears make up or perfume or ANYTHING apart from a swim suit and a hat in a pool is on my List of Bad People.

I'm locking this. So I am.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement