Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I brought a girl to the swimming pool for a first date...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I didn't consider that actually. You could be right. Now you have me considering just letting her set it all up and act normal but to just not actually go, that way she wouldn't be humiliating me.

Confirmed.

OP is a either a dick or a troll.

either way this thread stinks .............. of chlorine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

If she's attractive with make up on she's hardly going to look like Freddy Kruger without it, I don't see why this investigation was necessary.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I remember someone saying one time that if a girl always wears a lot of makeup, and she does, that a good idea to see what they truly look like without it is to go swimming with them.
    Or any man with an ounce of experience has a good idea what a woman will look like without makeup. Though I did stipulate an ounce of experience so maybe I'm in the wrong thread.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So what weird and unusual pool did you drag this poor girl to just to get her make up off that allowed her in the pool without the proper swimming cap?

Only the rubber ones stop your head getting wet, these kind of ones don't

Head%20Lycra%20Cap_Head_Lycra_Cap_-_Royal_2000x2000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

A lot of your posts seem to coincide with primary school lunchtimes OP. Hmmmm?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Macavity. wrote: »
    If she's attractive with make up on she's hardly going to look like Freddy Kruger without it
    To be fair, some can come as a shock au natural. Make up can transform a face. Especially the eyes. Well done it can turn pee holes in the snow into a manga look.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

At least you can bring a date to the pool, I'm barred from mine, I got caught having a sneaky piss in the deep end....the lifeguard blew his whistle so loud I nearly fúckin' fell in.....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

"here's to swimmin' with bowlegged wimmen" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Apparently not, she's trying to setup date 2 but I haven't responded.

She is trying to get you to a pre arranged location so her 5 brothers and kick the stuffing out of you for being such a tool.

I think you should go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Why do people make things so complicated, OP what about simply asking why did you agree to go swimming with me if you didn't want to get your hair wet.

• Advertisement

Macavity. wrote: »
    If she's attractive with make up on she's hardly going to look like Freddy Kruger without it, I don't see why this investigation was necessary.

...lots of men will beg to differ

She is trying to get you to a pre arranged location so her 5 brothers and kick the stuffing out of you for being such a tool.

I think you should go for it.

She's only got one brother...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

...lots of men will beg to differ

Woah OP, we're a long way off that by the sound of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

To be honest, I would have thought you just swimming off & not talking to her at all was worse behaviour on a first date than her not wanting to get her hair wet. Maybe she actually wanted to have a conversation with you on your first date. Shock I know but it does happen!

And she might have said she could swim but maybe she was bluffing & can't. Or isn't comfortable out of her depth but didn't want to seem a spoilsport by turning down your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Maybe if you accidentally drowned yourself .......it would have done her and the rest of us a huge favour...

May as well go on a second date, nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Appene wrote: »
    Should've dunked her head.

i see what you did there ;) :pac:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Why did you not dive under and grab her by her legs and drag her down under the water for a "joke",that way you could see her with her make-up running,her hair wet,AND at the same time find out if she has a anger management problem,

I applaud the OP for catching her out. The world is full of calculating women, trying to trick men by making the most of their looks. How dare they make themselves look their best? Sneaky bitches.

I'm glad you're too smart to have the wool pulled over your eyes OP, lucky escape there. Well done. It's hard to find perfection outside of the mirror, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

if the first date was a failure with the swimming pool idea, bring her to some place where you can have a squirt gun fight, and be sure to aim for her face

* don't read this post with a dirty mind :o *

the fact she's chasing a second date, after what happened, makes me think she might had lost a bet with her friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Duggy747 wrote: »
    This story is entirely true...
    Real story:
    OP went to the pool, annoyed a load of people by repeately jumping in. Perved at any female and got red carded by any he approached. Only true part of the story is that he went home on his own

• Advertisement

if the first date was a failure with the swimming pool idea, bring her to some place where you can have a squirt gun fight, and be sure to aim for her face

* don't read this post with a dirty mind :o *

the fact she's chasing a second date, after what happened, makes me think she might had lost a bet with her friends...

She'll lose the next one as well, I'm standing her up. There's no way any person would want a second date after that unless they're plotting to get their own back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Hitchens wrote: »
    who tf brings a woman to a swimming pool on the first date? :eek:

Indeed. There he is diving into the pool like a demented schoolboy with the tog tent fully pitched for all to see just caused she has a swimsuit on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

DoYouEvenLift, you seem to often speak about women, in what often seems to be entirely in terms of what you have read on the internet about them, usually with quite an 'American website of a certain nature' slant to things as well. You also seem to be basically a decent enough bloke under it all. Perhaps just a little young (late teens very early 20`s?) and a bit misguided and/or misinformed. So I'm going to offer some general advice, do with it what you will.

Perhaps you should, for the time being, as a kind of experiment, try to set aside all the pre-concieved notions and theories and what have you that you have adopted primarily from reading these things online. And instead begin again from a neutral sort of mindset. With that mindset aim to meet women, and get to know them, make friends with some and date others etc. And based on those real life experiences alone, built up over time, allow your own view of women and male/female interactions uninfluenced and unbiased by the Internet stuff, to develop naturally.

Like I say, do what you'd like with the advice, I'm just some randomer off the Internet too after all. But honestly, it's worth a shot right, if even just as an experiment? Best of luck.

damemcd wrote: »
    Maybe if you accidentally drowned yourself .......it would have done her and the rest of us a huge favour...

Lol @ you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Do you actually know any women? It's certainly not unusual for a woman not to want her hairdo completely fcuked out of it by immersing it in water, particularly not water that everyone's children have pissed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

No running, no diving, NO HEAVY PETTING

Schoolboy error, OP.

Some women aren't able to swim. I seen it in a documentary about them once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

If you're still into this lady (but it doesn't sound like you are) then agree to the second date. Take her to a carnival. Suggest she sit on the platform of one of those 'dunk tanks'. Now, this next step is extremely important, hit the target, that bit is crucial, OP, you must hit the target. With a squirt gun, foam ball, whatever. If you're not confident that you'll be able to hit the target with an object maybe go up and slap it. Or headbutt the thing. Whatever, just make sure you bang that thing good.

If you have followed my instructions correctly OP the lady will have no choice but to fall into the water. Then you will find out for sure if she is a witch. That's what we're doing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If you're still into this lady (but it doesn't sound like you are) then agree to the second date. Take her to a carnival. Suggest she sit on the platform of one of those 'dunk tanks'. Now, this next step is extremely important, hit the target, that bit is crucial, OP, you must hit the target. With a squirt gun, foam ball, whatever. If you're not confident that you'll be able to hit the target with an object maybe go up and slap it. Or headbutt the thing. Whatever, just make sure you bang that thing good...

Oul' dag for the hard road. I usually bring a rifle, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I remember someone saying one time that if a girl always wears a lot of makeup, and she does, that a good idea to see what they truly look like without it is to go swimming with them. So when I suggested it she seemed a little sceptical at first but then seemed excited. Happy days, I thought. I'll get to see if she's actually still attractive without all that help.

When it came to it, I was in an out of the changing room in a flash and ran and dived right into the pool, like anyone would. About 10 minutes later she finally came out and walked over to the ladder and began climbing in. Slowly. Extremely slowly. When she got in, she kept her neck out of the water. At all times. For the entire swim. She wouldn't swim at all, just waddled around with her neck above water and refused to go to the deep end. When I asked if she was even able to swim she said she's a great swimmer but doesn't want to get her 'hair' wet.

Who goes into a pool with the aim to not get their hair wet? I went to the deep end on my own to gather my thoughts on how to end the date painlessly for both of us there and then but honestly ended up panicking and got out of the pool and shouted at her from the other end "I-I'm just gonna go to the toilet." I got dressed and left.

I feel kind of bad. Should I apologise and try to end up sleeping with her then get a shower together instead? In hindsight, this would've been a much simpler solution in the first place.

honestly is this your **** material?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement