Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I brought a girl to the swimming pool for a first date...

Options
  • 16-01-2015 2:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

I remember someone saying one time that if a girl always wears a lot of makeup, and she does, that a good idea to see what they truly look like without it is to go swimming with them. So when I suggested it she seemed a little sceptical at first but then seemed excited. Happy days, I thought. I'll get to see if she's actually still attractive without all that help.

When it came to it, I was in an out of the changing room in a flash and ran and dived right into the pool, like anyone would. About 10 minutes later she finally came out and walked over to the ladder and began climbing in. Slowly. Extremely slowly. When she got in, she kept her neck out of the water. At all times. For the entire swim. She wouldn't swim at all, just waddled around with her neck above water and refused to go to the deep end. When I asked if she was even able to swim she said she's a great swimmer but doesn't want to get her 'hair' wet.

Who goes into a pool with the aim to not get their hair wet? I went to the deep end on my own to gather my thoughts on how to end the date painlessly for both of us there and then but honestly ended up panicking and got out of the pool and shouted at her from the other end "I-I'm just gonna go to the toilet." I got dressed and left.

I feel kind of bad. Should I apologise and try to end up sleeping with her then get a shower together instead? In hindsight, this would've been a much simpler solution in the first place.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So... you got her to take her clothes off for the first date and you were worried about her not getting her hair wet?

DoYouEvenShift bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

we need more details here one piece or two?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So... you got her to take her clothes off for the first date and you were worried about her not getting her hair wet?

DoYouEvenShift bro?

Did you even read the OP? DoYouEvenComprehend bro?

Read:
    When I asked if she was even able to swim she said she's a great swimmer but doesn't want to get her 'hair' wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Ask the life guard how long she hung around for in the pool waiting on the jerk who left her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

You should have pretended to drown to see if she would try and rescue you. May have even gotten some mouth-to-mouth out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I remember someone saying one time that if a girl always wears a lot of makeup, and she does, that a good idea to see what they truly look like without it is to go swimming with them. So when I suggested it she seemed a little sceptical at first but then seemed excited. Happy days, I thought. I'll get to see if she's actually still attractive without all that help.

When it came to it, I was in an out of the changing room in a flash and ran and dived right into the pool, like anyone would. About 10 minutes later she finally came out and walked over to the ladder and began climbing in. Slowly. Extremely slowly. When she got in, she kept her neck out of the water. At all times. For the entire swim. She wouldn't swim at all, just waddled around with her neck above water and refused to go to the deep end. When I asked if she was even able to swim she said she's a great swimmer but doesn't want to get her 'hair' wet.

Who goes into a pool with the aim to not get their hair wet? I went to the deep end on my own to gather my thoughts on how to end the date painlessly for both of us there and then but honestly ended up panicking and got out of the pool and shouted at her from the other end "I-I'm just gonna go to the toilet." I got dressed and left.

I feel kind of bad. Should I apologise and try to end up sleeping with her then get a shower together instead? In hindsight, this would've been a much simpler solution in the first place.

Amateur :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Did you even read the OP? DoYouEvenComprehend bro?

I did yeah. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed you said:

Not many people get people undressed for the date itself.

YouWereOnAPromise Bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Did they not sell swimming caps? Should have got out and invested in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I suspect she may just be as well off without you. Not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Seems like the girl had a lucky escape from you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This story is entirely true...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Your whole post is a metaphor right? The swimming pool represents the dating scene and the deep end represents the lonliness you feel being unable to meet someone nice while the girls hang around the cooler shallow end?

Hope you wore a swimming cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is this about Jesus?

They're mandatory in every swimming pool nowadays I thought?

SweetChaos wrote: »
    Seems like the girl had a lucky escape from you

Apparently not, she's trying to setup date 2 but I haven't responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lash a rubber on her head let her know where the night is going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Should have brought her to the steam room.

Make up would have melted off and she would have lost some unslightly pounds, since you are so fixated on other people's affirmations on your bae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

lol. This is brilliantly silly. If she wears so much make up that your not sure if she has a nice face why did you ask her out in the first place? AND then got the brain storm to ask her out for a wash? And then ran away? You couldn't write this stuff.... or could you....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Cool story brahh...

Maybe she genuinely didn't want to get her hair wet? Mad I know.
    Or she didn't want to swim around as it is your first date and she wanted to get to know you better.
    The makeup thing is a stupid test to have on the first date, do you wear deoderant when you met here? Did you dress nicely?
    She wore makeup, whoppdedo, but to abandon her in a swimming pool like a child because she wouldn't get her hair yet makes you look like the catch of the century.
    What a man we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

She seems a "nice" person.

Can i have her number OP ? i think i might have some volcano insurance i want to sell her..... :pac:

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    Your whole post is a metaphor right? The swimming pool represents the dating scene and the deep end represents the lonliness you feel being unable to meet someone nice while the girls hang around the cooler shallow end?

Hope you wore a swimming cap.

If it was a metaphor I'd be the one in the shallow end.

I wouldn't flatter myself, it wouldn't surprise me if she is planning on doing the same humiliating thing to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

who tf brings a woman to a swimming pool on the first date? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

So what weird and unusual pool did you drag this poor girl to just to get her make up off that allowed her in the pool without the proper swimming cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yu walked out on her mid-date and she is trying to arrange date number two?

Difficult to believe.

If it was a metaphor I'd be the one in the shallow end.

You are in the shallow end... you just don't seem to realise it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Only a few men are worth getting your hair wet for .Sorry op you didn't make the cut ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Another imaginary gf dumped, huh OP? Better than having them cheat on you...

Be careful, trolling may be made punishable by law soon enough...

bear1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't flatter myself, it wouldn't surprise me if she is planning on doing the same humiliating thing to you.

I didn't consider that actually. You could be right. Now you have me considering just letting her set it all up and act normal but to just not actually go, that way she wouldn't be humiliating me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I'm trying to think of how you could have made a new girl in your life more uncomfortable or self conscious??????

Nope, I'm done................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement