Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeletics group

Options
2»

Comments

Darlaine wrote: »
    christeb - can you mail exercises to me ??? !! thanks.

Al exercises are available for free on freeletics.com, but most routines are too strenuous for beginners. When you pay for the app you have to do a fitness test that will determine your workouts. There are no new exercises, it's all about the routines and time.

I just found this the other day. I have only done the Metis session yet.
    1st time i did it I nearly died. It only took 7 mins but i was in bits after it.
    next evening i did it and it only took 6 mins but wasnt nearly as bad.

Is the trainer worth getting.

Yes. When you getter coach you do a fitness routine. All exercises and routines will be adjusted to your fitness and you will be able to track your progress, communicate with others , post pics etc

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Delighted to see a Freeletics group here. I started 2 weeks ago (those fricken Burpees...). I note in week 3 I'm moving onto runs so will need to leave the comfort of home. I'll need to figure out an overhead bar somehow. I note there several exercises that once mastered they will add to the routines like chin ups and one-handed pressups. I still can't do any!

I'm also dieting (on South Beach diet-lost 10kgs in 4 weeks) but not looking to lose a huge amount more but still have some belly fat. My BMI is around 25. More keen to get fit and active. Conscious I should be having lots of protein but not super keen on those protein shakes. Anyone else done any dieting on Freeletics and did it help? Hard avoiding beer! :)

Cormac
    I make healthy eating part of most of my week. No protein shakes needed at all if you want to loose weight and get fit. Protein shakes are only good if you want to have a surplus of calories. What has made the biggest difference for me is to cut out sugar, flours, excess fruit, and most grains and processed foods. But generally, you just have to eat less calories than you burn (and we al burn less than we think) to loose weight. Each person burns at different rates. Find out yours. Unfortunately, bear is like liquid bread and the biggest culprit of belly fat. Use that information as you see fit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

I make healthy eating part of most of my week. No protein shakes needed at all if you want to loose weight and get fit. Protein shakes are only good if you want to have a surplus of calories. What has made the biggest difference for me is to cut out sugar, flours, excess fruit, and most grains and processed foods. But generally, you just have to eat less calories than you burn (and we al burn less than we think) to loose weight. Each person burns at different rates. Find out yours. Unfortunately, bear is like liquid bread and the biggest culprit of belly fat. Use that information as you see fit :-)

Cheers for that! It all makes sense. I read that if you must drink that a gin & tonic with slimline tonic is good, and red wine isn't the worst. Yeah, damn beer! And here I am with my beer making kit currently brewing up litres of the stuff! :cool:

I usually do a few triathlons and runs a ayear.

Would this be a good supplement? The fact that the workout varies etc is what I like.

It would def be a good supplement, as it is excellent for developing fast twitch muscles and explosive movement. However, it would probably be better during off season as it can deplete you the further you advance. There's lots of sprints depending on the format you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jjfarrelly92

Hi guys, my name is Colum. I've been doing Freeletics for about 8 weeks now and really enjoying it so far. I'm not in Dublin but I'll hopefully be moving up in September, I know that's a long way away but I just thought of getting in contact with anyone who is doing it. I love it, and I've seen a definite change since I started.
    I'm currently based in Shannon until the end of May, then I'll be in Cavan and then on to Dublin hopefully in September.

I hope I can join you guys for a session sometime!

Good luck with the training! #NoExcuses!

Hi guys, my name is Colum. I've been doing Freeletics for about 8 weeks now and really enjoying it so far. I'm not in Dublin but I'll hopefully be moving up in September, I know that's a long way away but I just thought of getting in contact with anyone who is doing it. I love it, and I've seen a definite change since I started.
    I'm currently based in Shannon until the end of May, then I'll be in Cavan and then on to Dublin hopefully in September.

I hope I can join you guys for a session sometime!

Good luck with the training! #NoExcuses!

Hey colum, I'll be moving to Dublin in May. But if you want to keep up n touch until you move, follow me on the freeletics app ; JC CORMAN my Instagram is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mickysquint

Hi guys, I did my first routine today (Aphrodite), I'm 6'2" and 17 stone, and totally fed up with feeling rubbish about my appearance, I find the gym a chore so wanted to do some thing that I could do at home or in the park so after a lot of good reports about freeletics I'm determined to do this. But holy ****e it's tough, It took me 54 minutes to complete it, completely rubbish I know, only way is up I suppose. I'd love to think maybe I could improve enough to soon to maybe meet up with some other like minded folk and do it as part of a group.

Hi guys, I did my first routine today (Aphrodite), I'm 6'2" and 17 stone, and totally fed up with feeling rubbish about my appearance, I find the gym a chore so wanted to do some thing that I could do at home or in the park so after a lot of good reports about freeletics I'm determined to do this. But holy ****e it's tough, It took me 54 minutes to complete it, completely rubbish I know, only way is up I suppose. I'd love to think maybe I could improve enough to soon to maybe meet up with some other like minded folk and do it as part of a group.

Hi Mick! It's awesome that you're starting. Yes it is very tough! But once you get into it it's actually so much better than the gym! After about 4 weeks I went from dreading the thought of doing the exercises to being annoyed that I didn't get a workout done haha keep it up man!

Hi, and congratulations for starting. Yes, it can be tough, but it can also be motivating when you start reaching you PBs. I've been doing it for over 30 weeks and some routines still take me about 45 minutes. But whereas I could only do 2 or 3 pullups when I started, I did 15 in one go yesterday. There are loads of guys like you on Instagram and Facebook that have transformed their bodies and attitudes. Follow them for inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 paranoid user

Hi, I just started freeletics from home and I got the app, which is really easy to follow.

My question is- what way do you build in rest days. I've been doing it day on day off.

Would I be better just doing it every day or keep going as u am to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Hi, I just started freeletics from home and I got the app, which is really easy to follow.

My question is- what way do you build in rest days. I've been doing it day on day off.

Just do what ever feels right to be honest.

I tried planning a day on, day off, but some mornings i really felt like doing something although I had said it would be a rest day, this demotivated me.

So as long as I get the 4 sessions in a week, it doesn't matter to me whether I rest for 3 days in a row or workout for 3 days in a row, although it wrecks me sometimes i find it more motivating and adds flexibility to my week.

You are advised to rest between exercise. Muscle builds and repairs when resting, not when exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

Anyone who is based in D12 or trains in Raw Gym and wants to workout together send me a PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Laurali

Hey all, anyone based in Galway? Summer is out, and it'd be good to get a group going in the parks. Or even just people to start timing yourself against!

L

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Hi.
    I'm going back to the gym after my holidays 3 days a week and thinking of also doing frelethics. I want to build muscle and try get lean. I would appreciate and ideas or tips. I just downloaded the app.

Hi everyone, It's Colum. I've messaged on this ages ago but I'm actually in Dublin now and would like to get back into Freeletics again. I had done it for a while but Exams came around and I didn't get the time which actually made me get frustrated with my setback but I want to go at it again. Anyone around the Phoenix park area looking to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I'd be keen to give it a go. complete novice

guile4582 wrote: »
    I'd be keen to give it a go. complete novice

What kind of goals are you looking for? And where are you based?
    I work a weird shift pattern so that might be a hindrance but hopefully not :D

i am based southside so would prefer anywhere near Harolds Cross but phoenix park would still be alright. I do a lot of gym work as is. but need to strengthen core mostly and perhaps get a bit more flexible

• Advertisement

guile4582 wrote: »
    i am based southside so would prefer anywhere near Harolds Cross but phoenix park would still be alright. I do a lot of gym work as is. but need to strengthen core mostly and perhaps get a bit more flexible

Alright, we'll some of the exercises only last a few minutes so you'd have to see if it's worth it? But if you want we can meet and do one or two?
    I currently live in Ashtown but I'll be moving even further north to Claire Hall in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

Very interested.
    I joined coach just today and hoping to stick to it for at least 3 months to get it a good go.

Not very fit... but can run about 10K so I suppose that gives a good idea.
    Interested in any training in Merrion Square, Stephens Green or anywhere around Grand Canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Hi guys, am on Week 4 and loving it.

I'm trying to join the Facebook group but there are no admins in it so I can't be approved.

Can someone in there please try to become an admin?

Thanks!

is there a Dublin group on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dwil

Hi all, I've been doing freeletics on and off for couple of years now. Looking to join a group in the Waterford city area. Anyone interested please do let me know. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Hi has anyone used the Freeletics Gym app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Casey78 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone used the Freeletics Gym app?
    Yep I use it. Any questions?

Advertisement