Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeletics group

Options
  • 14-01-2015 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, I'm just wondering if there is anyone in Dublin who uses Freeletics that would like to get a training group together? I'm thinking of organising something for once a week in the Phoenix Park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

Hi, I'm amazed there isn't more about freeletics on boards. Surely there are lots using it in Ireland. I'm afraid Phoenix Park is the wrong side of the city for me but best of luck, I'm sure there's more freeletics people in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foggyflies

I've searched around online though i can't find anything within Ireland let alone Dublin for Freeletics.
    If you do know anyone who does, please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

What is freeletics?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

This is apt for a lmgtfy.com but anyway. Its an app based training regime that prompts you to do work outs typically about 30-40mins per day. all the workouts are explained by video and timed on your phone. The workouts do not need gym equipment, the most equipment I've needed are pullup bars which you can substitute with lots of things. Has a big following in Germany and has a networking/social media aspect to it. There is a free version that is useful and a coached version which I find great. The coached version is an automated coach that takes your times of previous work outs and some user feedback to develop a personalised training plan for the week ahead.

I'm not big into the latest fad training regimes and gave a buddy guff when he started into this one but I'm 3 weeks into it and I like it. I paid about 40$ for 6 months of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whiterabbit303

Hey Guys,

Been looking into startng some regular training, and freeletics seems right up my street, no weights, gym etc. With everyones individual fitness levels encouraged. Ive been using freeletics at home for the past 3 weeks, & definetly want to pursue it more. I would be very keen to get involved in any groups starting in south dublin.

• Advertisement

That's fantastic! I'm sure there are more than a few across the city who are using it and loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yamin

Hi lads,

I've just created a facebook group about freeletic in Dublin, feel free to join us ( well only me for the moment ). Just search us on fb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I did this last year when I was injured from football. Found it very good. Went from being able to do one and half cheaty pullups to 15 solid ones in one go. Gave it up after I went back to Football as it was very time consuming but it was still a great experience with good results. Enjoy Hell Week!

foggyflies wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering if there is anyone in Dublin who uses Freeletics that would like to get a training group together? I'm thinking of organising something for once a week in the Phoenix Park.

Hi, I will be moving back to Dublin at the end of May and would love to join you for Freeletics in the Phoenix park. I am on my 23rd week of Freeletics, so neither advanced nor complete beginner. Keep me updated

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

I done this for about 2 months last year...the burpees absolutely murdered me...tough tough workout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

I'm looking to start this in the next 2-3 weeks so this would be great for me!
    Is it running yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kakuckaku

Hi,

I started freeletics 2 weeks ago. I need to say its great but hard., very hard. Most of time i do it in my Apartment, but if the weater is good i go out to Phoenix park. If somebody want to join just sent a msg and we will figure out a date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 readlann

Hi All,

I'm interested in doing Freeletics in the Phoenix Park weekdays before work. Would anyone be interested in meeting in the Park for Freeletics training at 7am or 7.30am or 8am?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I just found this the other day. I have only done the Metis session yet.
    1st time i did it I nearly died. It only took 7 mins but i was in bits after it.
    next evening i did it and it only took 6 mins but wasnt nearly as bad.

Is the trainer worth getting.

I know of a place near castleknock in the park the distance can be easily measured for sprints without muck and its out of the main wind from the plains in the park.
    I still need to find someplace with a kind of pull up bar in place in order to get things right for being able to do everything.
    I welcome any other suggestions!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

I usually do a few triathlons and runs a ayear.

Would this be a good supplement? The fact that the workout varies etc is what I like.

I will go out to Phoenix park on Monday 8.30 AM, if somebody want to join ;)

I made a freeletics dublin facebook group. I hope they will not delete this one. Feel free to join.

Name: Freeletics Unofficial Dublin

Link: w w w. facebook.com/freeleticsdublin

Yea the trainer is worth getting. Though I find the logistics of some of the space/pull up bar need for some exercises a bit difficult to come by on occasion.

foggyflies wrote: »
    Yea the trainer is worth getting. Though I find the logistics of some of the space/pull up bar need for some exercises a bit difficult to come by on occasion.

Hey, I bought myself gymnastics rings, which are portable and you can hang from a tree branch. Super useful and it adds a whole series of exercises you can do to your routine. Anything above the rings is more difficult than if you were using a bar, but for pull ups/chin ups, they work great. Get wood rings if you can afford them, they are more comfortable. I found mine cheaply on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

How are people getting on with Freeletics?

I am on my second week, Kentaurus 4/6 is next up tomorrow morning :)
    I have to say that while it is tough during the training, i am enjoying the workouts and feels great once done

I am doing this in IFSC beside canal at the Convention centre at lunchtimes or at home in the mornings

beefjerky wrote: »
    How are people getting on with Freeletics?

I am on my second week, Kentaurus 4/6 is next up tomorrow morning :)
    I have to say that while it is tough during the training, i am enjoying the workouts and feels great once done

I am doing this in IFSC beside canal at the Convention centre at lunchtimes or at home in the mornings

I hope you are not in too much
    Pain after kentauros. It's tough! I'm on level 31 and over 130 workouts with freeletics. I have done it alone all this time. It's worth it. Feel free to take it easy when you need to, as fatigue will hit you unexpectedly. Don't confuse it with wanting to give up. It's worth keeping up. I'll be moving back to Dublin at the end of May, when I hope to be able to workout with others. Summer workouts are amazing. In the mean time you can follow me o the freeletics app: JCFreeletics

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niall s

Hey
    Did anyone start group yet in park? Only just starting but would like to join up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darlaine

Hi, would you have a list of the freeletics workouts to check it out? I can't seem to find them anywhere on internet.. Also what days/times do you meet in park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Downloaded today and made it halfway through Day 1. I'll give it a go again tomorrow, my mistake was not getting set-up / warmed-up properly. Now I know what to expect. Like the look of it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darlaine

christeb - can you mail exercises to me ??? !! thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Darlaine wrote: »

Burpees, climbers, jumps. 3 sets x10, x25, x10 with no break. Get the app - it's good.

Got through them this morning, so onwards to Day 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey guys,

Delighted to see a Freeletics group here. I started 2 weeks ago (those fricken Burpees...). I note in week 3 I'm moving onto runs so will need to leave the comfort of home. I'll need to figure out an overhead bar somehow. I note there several exercises that once mastered they will add to the routines like chin ups and one-handed pressups. I still can't do any!

I'm also dieting (on South Beach diet-lost 10kgs in 4 weeks) but not looking to lose a huge amount more but still have some belly fat. My BMI is around 25. More keen to get fit and active. Conscious I should be having lots of protein but not super keen on those protein shakes. Anyone else done any dieting on Freeletics and did it help? Hard avoiding beer! :)

Cormac

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

Darlaine wrote: »

So you want other people to pay for the W/Os and then mail them on to you?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

So you want other people to pay for the W/Os and then mail them on to you?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding.

If you go to www.freeletics.com you can get all the exercises for free anyhow. It's just the personalised trainer aspect that you pay for (about €3 a week).

Advertisement