Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-2015 Boards FSA Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just had a look at your team, delighted that you have Fabregas, pure waste of a Chelsea player IMO, I'd fancy my Terry to outscore him easily and level the playing field moneywise.
    If Silva were to miss next week I'd fancy my chances very strongly, it could well come down to Vardy v Nugent but obviously Nuge will get the bullet if he isn't given the green light for Burnley.
    Good luck anyway, I might come at you with a bit of gentle sledginglater in the week:p

Well I should be getting in Schlupp, Mignolet, Henderson and Sterling in so I'll give you a sweat well into next week :p
    I have enough cash to upgrade Boyd to Sterling or Henderson so I'll keep you guessing on who I am getting rid of :cool:

I can see Terry getting sent off against Arsenal btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

That Eriksen goal left me behind in this and lost my FSA champ H2H too
    Fingers takes a 7 point lead- even with only 10 men this GW-

Fingers takes 3 dgw players before transfers for GW 34 and I start with 5, should be a close one. GL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

skippy15 wrote: »
    That Eriksen goal left me behind in this and lost my FSA champ H2H too
    Fingers takes a 7 point lead- even with only 10 men this GW-

Fingers takes 3 dgw players before transfers for GW 34 and I start with 5, should be a close one. GL

Are you sure?

As far as I know, I have a one point lead, is this your team ID: 112039.

Very tight either way - Two FTs, will be DGW players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you sure?

The mixup with Skippys ID continues :)
    Had the same problem last round, thought I was practically through after the first leg.... His ID is 97481 iirc.... It's bad when you've memorised people's ID's. Can't remember what I had for dinner last night

PARlance wrote: »
    The mixup with Skippys ID continues :)
    Had the same problem last round, thought I was practically through after the first leg.... His ID is 97481 iirc.... It's bad when you've memorised people's ID's. Can't remember what I had for dinner last night

Ha ye that's my id thanks parlance....ye ive checked other peoples scores more than my own ha.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Didnt realise you had two ft. The plot thickens but your favourite at the minute ive had 3 outta 4 weeks red arrows. Good luck....

Didnt realise you had two ft. The plot thickens but your favourite at the minute ive had 3 outta 4 weeks red arrows. Good luck....

Slight favourite - good luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Do people think €20 entry next year or is €10 enough? €20 would mean a potential pot of €1280 to be split out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do people think €20 entry next year or is €10 enough? €20 would mean a potential pot of €1280 to be split out.

It would be tough to get 64 people to pay €20
    €10 is probably enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I agree with spock.

• Advertisement

There was no fee to enter though.
    The last longest bet only came afterwards and only 19 of the 64 paid into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It might prove to be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather see the FSA competitions remain free and be purely about pride of place. We've got the pay league for those wanting to splash a bit of cash or the last longest that could be run concurrently. I think I'd be strongly against it, within reason obviously. I won't be falling out with anyone over it.

Although I probably come this from the point of view of always doing absolutely shockingly when it comes to cup competitions, I haven't made it past the first round of any in my years here :pac: Also not really having all that much spare cash to effectively to give to somebody else.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enter but I'd have to think about it and getting 64 people to actually contribute is no mean feat. The FSA and what it stands for means more to me than money. Whatever happened to the romance of the cup :P

Anyway that's just my 2c but I know the difficulties/hassle involved in running the cups so whoever is running them should have a much bigger say when it comes to the decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It might prove to be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather see the FSA competitions remain free and be purely about pride of place. We've got the pay league for those wanting to splash a bit of cash or the last longest that could be run concurrently. I think I'd be strongly against it, within reason obviously. I won't be falling out with anyone over it.

Although I probably come this from the point of view of always doing absolutely shockingly when it comes to cup competitions, I haven't made it past the first round of any in my years here :pac: Also not really having all that much spare cash to effectively to give to somebody else.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enter but I'd have to think about it and getting 64 people to actually contribute is no mean feat. The FSA and what it stands for means more to me than money. Whatever happened to the romance of the cup :P

Anyway that's just my 2c but I know the difficulties/hassle involved in running the cups so whoever is running them should have a much bigger say when it comes to the decisions.

Despite doing well, I definitely think that being free to enter is the best way and a last longest or any other side bet could be run along with it.

Also, as soon as you introduce entry fees into the equation for anything, you usually see interest plummet.

Ye tend to agree; and having the last longest as an optional add on seems best option moving forward. If needs be this could be increased but ff is a harsh mistress when a dodgy assist could send u packing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I disagree, i'm strongly in favour of cash leagues and cups. I've no real interest in free comps but there is alway increased interest when prizes are available. €20 is too much though but i would be okay with €10.

Heck, even a €5 entry fee would give a €320 pot which would be worth playing for and everyone can stretch to little more than the price of a pint.

I make my lead over P.Walnuts to be 9 points after his hits are taken into account. I've had a bit of a disaster with my DGW players as Remy and Moreno haven't played.

I'd be extremely happy if they don't feature at all midweek because I have Jack Cork and Hector Bellerin with 15 points or so waiting to come off the bench which would be too much for his Schlupp and Mignolet to overcome.

That being said, if both Remy and Moreno do play but only score 1 each, then suddenly everything is to play for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

AdMMM wrote: »
    I make my lead over P.Walnuts to be 9 points after his hits are taken into account. I've had a bit of a disaster with my DGW players as Remy and Moreno haven't played.

I'd be extremely happy if they don't feature at all midweek because I have Jack Cork and Hector Bellerin with 15 points or so waiting to come off the bench which would be too much for his Schlupp and Mignolet to overcome.

That being said, if both Remy and Moreno do play but only score 1 each, then suddenly everything is to play for!

Ye I think you are safe to be honest especially with Cork likely to come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Me and Menoscomo are still tightly balanced, Schlupp making an appearance midweek would be lovely as he has Bellerin waiting to come in. Taking everything into account I would make you a warm favourite, if Chelsea can keep a clean sheet and Liverpool concede I'm in with a good shout.

Think I have a 1 point lead over fingers when hits etc: taken into account-

Both have Hazard C, Terry, sterling, Mig, schlupp

He has Henderson left and if no Schlupp gets Bellerin with 6,

I have Vardy, Skrtel, Fab and 2 from Van An

So hopefully Schlupp plays and I should be good, if not could be very close

Think I have a 1 point lead over fingers when hits etc: taken into account-

Both have Hazard C, Terry, sterling, Mig, schlupp

He has Henderson left and if no Schlupp gets Bellerin with 6,

I have Vardy, Skrtel, Fab and 2 from Van An

So hopefully Schlupp plays and I should be good, if not could be very close

Need Schlupp to stay on the bench to have a fighting chance.
    Even at that, it's a big ask.

• Advertisement

Still no separating myself and swiper, all tied going into the midweek games. It's almost a straight shoot out between his Terry and Henderson against my Mignolet and Fabregas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

menoscemo wrote: »
    Still no separating myself and swiper, all tied going into the midweek games. It's almost a straight shoot out between his Terry and Henderson against my Mignolet and Fabregas...

If it was that simple I'd be right confident. I'd say there are a lot more variables than that at play and I make you warm favourite.

I think richieffff has Henderson, Terry and Bruce against my Coutinho, Ivanovic and an 8 point lead. Squeaky bum time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I think richieffff has Henderson, Terry and Bruce against my Coutinho, Ivanovic and an 8 point lead. Squeaky bum time.

Is it eight or seven? Either way its bloody close, praying that balotelli and Gerrard don't start tomorrow so henderson can actually do something.

Edit : I cheered when Ivan got his yellow, think I have a problem

Nah, that was my problem ;)

It was 65 v 60-4 in the first leg and you're 42-41 (each of us -8) up in this leg so far. This may be the first time I actually cheer Balotelli!!

If it was that simple I'd be right confident. I'd say there are a lot more variables than that at play and I make you warm favourite.

Well yeah, obviously I am hoping schlupp doesn't play brining in my 6 point Bellerin :)

Moreno and Remy not starting this week means I have 15 points coming off the bench which extends my lead to 21 points.

It's a big ask for Schlupp who is P.Walnuts only remaining differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Moreno and Remy not starting this week means I have 15 points coming off the bench which extends my lead to 21 points.

Not anymore he's not...

My chances have been dealt a major plus with the news that Nugent and Schlupp are out tonight while Vardy plays.

No Schlupp means Bellerin comes in for 6 for me while no Nugent means Phillips comes in for 3 for Swiper giving me a 4pt lead

We both have Haz (c) and Ivan so the differentials are my Vardy and Fab vs Swiper's Terry. I just need Terry not to run riot tonight and/or Vardy and fab to do something themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Dang was hoping for a schluup hattrick :pac:

Well done man, fully deserved to go through!

Actually a little happy schluup doesn't play as i've bellerin coming in which will help me in some other leagues

Advertisement