Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Creme Egg

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When I heard it'd changed I hoped they'd fixed the revolting, sugary-er than sugar, diabetes-inducing crap that they turned the filling into, but they've actually managed to make it even worse?!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cadbury is an insult to chocolat

If you want chocolate, get Cote D'or.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

rip babe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

shamrock55 wrote: »
    They have never been the same since they fecked around with the goo inside a few years back, its horrible muck now
    Yup, when the 'cream' actually looked and tasted like cream. Not the translucent e-ridden muck they have in there now.

It used to be goo, recently it seems more like a paste.
    I didnt know they also got smaller.
    derb12 wrote: »
    Is the whole kraft thing the reason why there were some toblerones in box of roses recently? I think I am down to just one Rose that I actually like now.

Dont tell me they fcuked them up too?
    All I have left is Topics, why cant they be the size of a Marathon bar?
    Im also certain that curly wurly's were twice the size and not that Ive just grown, its a rare treat, so if they leave Topics and picnic bars alone I'll leave it at that or else I'll have to do a Liam Neeson speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just caught a bit of Rich Hall on "Live at the Appollo"taking the absolute piss out of Kraft.
    A by word for ****e apparently.

• Advertisement

I always equated Kraft with a horrible margarine, I now imagine they bought or acquired that recipe and fcuked that up too, as much as you can make margarine worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

kneemos wrote: »
    Just caught a bit of Rich Hall on "Live at the Appollo"taking the absolute piss out of Kraft.
    A by word for ****e apparently.

So ****e is a banned word?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

Wait to you look at the packaging for cadburys easter eggs when they come out... as far as i remember from last year the cadburys eggs where made for cadbury, "under license".. it could be made by any factory.. even the dairymilk egg, said that on the box, which was disappointing.

Has anyone else noticed the ad for dairy milk on these pages? They are describing it as smooth and creamy. That was always the tag line for Galaxy!

"Smooth and creamy, Galaxy. The smoothest part of your day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is not just crime eggs that have gotten smaller. Look at the multi packs of all the other bars available in tesco and they are usually 7pack now instead of 8 and bars like crunchier are only 32grams instead of 40grams. They are selling the snack size as full size bars:'( :-[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It is not just crime eggs that have gotten smaller. Look at the multi packs of all the other bars available in tesco and they are usually 7pack now instead of 8 and bars like crunchier are only 32grams instead of 40grams. They are selling the snack size as full size bars:'( :-[

Crime eggs!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Crime eggs!! :)

You better run egg!

Btw some people are getting very nostalgic about some mythical time when creme eggs weren't sickly sweet. The cream has changed, but they were always pure sugar blasts, you have just gotten older, and when that happens your taste for extreme sweet stuff goes down drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

inforfun wrote: »
    Cadbury Kraft foods is an insult to chocolate.

If you want chocolate, get Cote D'or.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

cerastes wrote: »

Dont tell me they fcuked them up too?
    Roses have been mank for a few years now. This was the first Christmas I had none, and I did not miss them. I'll miss proper creme eggs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

cerastes wrote: »
    I always equated Kraft with a horrible margarine, I now imagine they bought or acquired that recipe and fcuked that up too, as much as you can make margarine worse.

Yes, Kraft Margarine. Only fit for greasing a tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Even the packaging for the bars is gone so cheap. A dairymilk used to be wrapped in luxurious foil, now its in a poxy cheap wrapper. They try to pass this cost cutting measure off by saying it new improved packaging and "re-sealable" but their not fooling most people. I buy Lindt and Lindor chocolate, its decent, they way Cadburys used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Who cares.

/me tucks into a bar of Lindt chocolate.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Roses have been mank for a few years now. This was the first Christmas I had none, and I did not miss them. I'll miss proper creme eggs though!

I meant they havent tried to fcuk with tolberone too have they?
    If topics, picnics and tolberones are left alone I'll be happy with that, I rarely have them as a treat so it'd be nice if they stayed the same, they already messed up curly wurlys' half the size for sure.

Whats the current weight of mars bars, not that I really eat them, plus marathon bars seem to have disappeared altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I never thought I'd say it but Nestlé chocolate bars are now way nicer than Cadbury's 'chocolate'. Give me an Aero over a Wispa anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Its being commented on by quite a few how small the tins of roses have got, I could not believe that the bog standard size box was over €6.00 in Tesco just after Christmas and probably only half full. We got a box with a hamper and barley filled a small ceareal bowl which on previous years would fill a large bowl we leave out with sweets for relatives and such

Is it that there is not enough competition that they now believe they can screw the customer over just a wee bit more than before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

thelad95 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say it but Nestlé chocolate bars are now way nicer than Cadbury's 'chocolate'. Give me an Aero over a Wispa anyday.

Wispas should not be allowed. Too horid a bar to be sold, absolute mank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lightspeed wrote: »
    Its being commented on by quite a few how small the tins of roses have got, I could not believe that the bog standard size box was over €6.00 in Tesco just after Christmas and probably only half full. We got a box with a hamper and barley filled a small ceareal bowl which on previous years would fill a large bowl we leave out with sweets for relatives and such

Is it that there is not enough competition that they now believe they can screw the customer over just a wee bit more than before?

And the Roses wrappers have gotten surprisingly bulky too, to give the illusion of plenty!!

Advertisement