Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Creme Egg

Options
  • 12-01-2015 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

bad enough they have been made smaller over the years, and the recent reduction from a 6 pack to a 5 pack with no change in price.
    but now they've changed the chocolate to some Americanesque muck.

http://www.newstalk.com/Eggsclusive:-Creme-Egg-recipe-has-been-changed

can't see myself buying them again any time soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Say it ain't so Groutch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Creme eggs have long been filth along with most of cadburys chocolate.

It'll never taste as good as when we were kids

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Why do companies always **** up perfect sweets?

They did it to Loop-the-Loops by making them mealy and rubbish, they did it to Cadbury's Caramel by putting the same dog**** caramel from Caramello in them and now this.

How is making your product ****ter a sound business decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I will reserve judgement until I actually taste the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

How do you eat yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Cadbury "chocolate" is essentially twice fried vegetable oil & soy milk, with a dash of cocoa.

(Sadly).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

They have never been the same since they fecked around with the goo inside a few years back, its horrible muck now

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Damn you Kraft!! Damn you to hell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    They have never been the same since they fecked around with the goo inside a few years back, its horrible muck now

Yup, when the 'cream' actually looked and tasted like cream. Not the translucent e-ridden muck they have in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Steven81 wrote: »
    How do you eat yours?

With a knife and fork. Not going to use chopsticks am I. That would be silly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Pun heaven!

Eggs-ordinary eggs-ample!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Anyone seen the ad with the guy chatting up a creme egg ,

I fell asleep with the telly on woke up to his face scared the cr@p out of me

Creme eggs are not the same anymore I wont be buying them this year

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

Yup, when the 'cream' actually looked and tasted like cream. Not the translucent e-ridden muck they have in there now.

Now that's what I call yokes!! Deadly buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Gbear wrote: »
    Why do companies always **** up perfect sweets?

They did it to Loop-the-Loops by making them mealy and rubbish, they did it to Cadbury's Caramel by putting the same dog**** caramel from Caramello in them and now this.

How is making your product ****ter a sound business decision?
    The decisions are made on the basis of cost. Cadbury roses are gone to ****e because they've slashed the amount of chocolate, and therefore cocoa in it. The price of cocoa had doubled in the last 10 years.

Producers know the changes will put some people off, but they know they can make up for this loss by increasing the profitability of the product they sell to the remaining customers, overall they will be up. Kraft foods took on huge debt to buy cadbury, so they will sweat the asset for as much as they can before they flog it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It's the Spice Burger phenomenon.

People just get nostalgic about them despite not actually eating one of the wretched things since about 1984.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The last time I had a creme egg I still believed in the tooth fairy. Horrible yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

They're awful. I had one a few years ago and it was so sweet it hurt my teeth. Cadburys chocolate is filth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

As a person who only eats the goo, their is a massive change from years ago. So much that I've literally no interest in them or any Cadbury product. Much better chocolate out there for cheaper or same price. Not average ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There are a few websites and youtuber 's That show you how to make your own creme eggs ,

the last few years there gone downhill the last one I had about 12 months ago the fondant wasn't mixed properly left it grainy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Now that's what I call yokes!! Deadly buzz!

Up Yokes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Isn't there a world shortage of cocao or something?
    Started buying the chocolate in aldi, its 85% cocao, tastes great if you're into dark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

shamrock55 wrote: »

Few years since I had one, just remember it being sickly sweet. burning sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

KilOit wrote: »
    Isn't there a world shortage of cocao or something?
    Started buying the chocolate in aldi, its 85% cocao, tastes great if you're into dark

Also the lidl version of magnums are delicious

It's a popular food myth that E numbers are bad.

They aren't some sort of industrial effluent.
    They're a designation used for chemicals that include naturally occurring compounds like vitamin C (E300).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I haven't eaten a cream egg in years as they ruined thrm years ago. They recently ruined cadburys dairy milk bars by introducing their new improved recipe. It tastes like ****e like the rest of their chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭derb12

The decisions are made on the basis of cost. Cadbury roses are gone to ****e because they've slashed the amount of chocolate, and therefore cocoa in it. The price of cocoa had doubled in the last 10 years.

Producers know the changes will put some people off, but they know they can make up for this loss by increasing the profitability of the product they sell to the remaining customers, overall they will be up. Kraft foods took on huge debt to buy cadbury, so they will sweat the asset for as much as they can before they flog it.

Is the whole kraft thing the reason why there were some toblerones in box of roses recently? I think I am down to just one Rose that I actually like now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Cadbury-Creme-Eggs/

Make your own to your own specifications

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Good riddance.

Horrid sugary ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Had one last night. Noticed how small it was but I didn't notice a difference in flavour.

Advertisement