Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Creme Egg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

derb12 wrote: »
    Is the whole kraft thing the reason why there were some toblerones in box of roses recently? I think I am down to just one Rose that I actually like now.

Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ah here try some proper handmade chocolate , it's another world compared to the mass produces muck that's currently sold in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

But I used to love Creme Eggs! There was proper fondant in them long ago, tasting of custard, even. *Cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

And while I'm on the subject, Whipped Cream Walnuts used to have fondant inside, with another nut in the middle, too. Modern ones have some sort of diluted marshmallow :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When are the creme eggs out? Are Creme eggs sold all year or Easter? Hey its Halloween but I want a Creme egg where can I get one? Does anyone else think Creme eggs arent like they used to be?

Will someone tell me what's so fúcking great about these little sickly sweet, goo filled chocolate balls that there seems to be a sexual obsession with them on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Haven't eaten a creme egg in years. Guess i'll stick to the Animal Bars. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Just get ova it! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

bad enough they have been made smaller over the years, and the recent reduction from a 6 pack to a 5 pack with no change in price.
    but now they've changed the chocolate to some Americanesque muck.

http://www.newstalk.com/Eggsclusive:-Creme-Egg-recipe-has-been-changed

can't see myself buying them again any time soon.

They were always dirty gak yokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

A national day of mourning as been declared. I'd ask for the mods to censor people who make facetious remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Always found them nasty anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I personally avoid having creamed eggs...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've yet to forgive Kraft over the shíte that is now a tin of Roses. But they've really out done themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Gatling wrote: »
    Ah here try some proper handmade chocolate , it's another world compared to the mass produces muck that's currently sold in shops

I bet you drink 'craft beers' too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I knew investing my money into bulk buying classic creme eggs was the way to go instead of a high yield savings account. who's laughing now!!!!?!??? :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ugh, :(

Well, this has truly f*cked up my Monday.

But if this is the worst thing in our lives, we are really doing okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Awful things anyway. Far too sweet. Hope they're gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

isnt it soya they use now instead of real milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Ruu wrote: »
    I knew investing my money into bulk buying classic creme eggs was the way to go instead of a high yield savings account. who's laughing now!!!!?!??? :pac::pac::pac:

Once again, the creme egg heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor.

Woop whoop woop woop woop!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

There was only one nice egg and they were the galaxy ones or aero eggs, original cream eggs are filth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

12/01 Neva forget. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

pyramints were where it was at anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

What's the best chocolate to be atein nowadays anyways. .. galaxy is always creamy..any boutique chocolate we need to be aware of..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

cremeegg wrote: »
    What's the best chocolate to be atein nowadays anyways. .. galaxy is always creamy..any boutique chocolate we need to be aware of..

Topic bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Cadbury "chocolate" is essentially twice fried vegetable oil & soy milk, with a dash of cocoa.

(Sadly).

Nah, certainly up until a couple of years ago it was from (Irish) cow's milk. Kraft may have changed that though (or Mondelez). But then again 95% of what was manufactured in Ireland was exported so we were most likely eating stuff imported from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Cadbury chocolate is horrible. Vegetable oil disguised in some cocoa. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭minktrapper

bought some the other day after years of self imposed abstinence.Thought I would treat myself. It nearly bested me to eat them.Think I threw away the last one. Some sh**e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

cremeegg wrote: »

Tony´s chocolonely especially the caramel and salt one

I see they now do easter eggs, that´s what I´ll be wanting

There´s the big chocolate war between Ireland, UK vs Rest of Europe. `Apparently` UK and Ireland substance is not chocolate. The debate has been raging since the EU began

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just had my first creme egg of the year. Didn't notice much difference but maybe I'm just used to the crapness by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Could this be the real reason behind the terrorist attacks?

Advertisement