Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yaaay 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Always good news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just noticed with us reaching Rudolph day no.4 for 2023 we are officially a third of the way through the year now. Just 8 months to go!! & in reality just a little over 6 to the start of the build up!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have tomorrow booked off work so I’m now starting a 4 day weekend!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got tickets to Hamilton!Now to wait 18 months till the show gets to town.

It's Friday, got paid and the weather is to be decent. 3 out of 3 ain't bad.

Have a great weekend y'all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You too pal. I got new factor 50 suncream and it’s brilliant it really shows the parts you miss 😬😬😬

What a fab bank holiday weekend, hope everyone was able to get out & make the most of the lovely weather. Think its to end for the coming weekend but still a couple of days to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

Going to my first pup quiz since pre covid this evening with a couple of friends, can't wait 👍️

• Advertisement

So 200 days to the big day, and tomorrow we're into the 100's... that seemed to come around reasonably quickly.

Yes, flew in. The new bank holiday in early February is a gift.

Its a great addition & perfectly timed.

Mad how we're yet to reach half way into the year and we only have 2 more bank holidays before Christmas (August & October) 😲

Looooove that new BH! It's the light at the end of the tunnel that is January.

So, in the first 6 months of the year we now have 5 bank holidays and the second 6, we have 2? (not counting christmas/new year) We need another holiday... maybe September? 😁

Officially into the 100's...! Just 199 days to go, Monday, 2 weeks is the half way point at 26 weeks! With the day before the middle Rudolph day of the year.

Crest of the hill in sight

Day 199, another milestone reached in our little world.

We won the quiz last, prize was 12 free drinks the next time we do the quiz 😅

Considering pints were €6.20 in the pub last night so from a monetary point of view it's nothing to be sniffed at.

Always felt with quizzes it wasnt about the prizes, its the satisfaction of winning! So well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Managed to convince Mr. CL that we should extend our holiday in France next week! Realised that we were only going to end up with 6 actual holiday days which would be grand, except the ferries are so long that it felt like a short amount of time compared to the travel time. Plus we've had a bit of a tough time of late & I knew I wouldn't have been ready to come home after so short a time so managed to get another few days out of him! Will make sure to plan it better next year though!

Having a browse through old threads over lunch & saw this one had slipped off the radar. It had been started back in 2015 & ran up to June of last year so would be a shame to let it die off...

So any reasons to be cheerful at the moment? Anything to look forward to in 2024?

I still have a week of paternity leave next week so no work for me so I’m cheerful for that!

• Advertisement

January over half way done and a very noticeable change in the brightness in the evenings all cheerful things as well. And our Feb Bank holiday is in Monday 2 weeks

This day 2 weeks is February in fact!

Looking forward to that bank holiday weekend too.

We're heading out on Saturday also, this weekend is my two kids birthday (cant believe I'll have 2 teenagers in the house) and we asked them what they'd like to do, both agreed that they'd like to go out for dinner, so we're heading out early for pre dinner drinks (mocktails for the kids) and then across the road to our favourite Thai restaurant for dinner. Looking forward to that also!

They're 13, at least let them have wine! 😂

Had been slowly building the young lad up with a view to getting him hardy, got to the stage he was on the whiskey, but the hangovers were killing him for school so he's on the wagon now.

His choice!

There was actually a little bit of brightness seeping in when I left my house this morning. 😁

Noticed it yesterday myself as I wasn't leaving the house at 6.20am for a change. Definitely starting to see a little more light in the evenings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Have my first summer holiday planned this year since 2019. Saving for a house and covid put them on the long finger.

Moved into my first home Dec 22nd and got a new job starting early February.

Lots to be cheerful for on my end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Congrats, Andrew :) that's an exciting time. Sometimes you just have to make the changes. I'm hoping to have my own home for the first time ever by the summer/autumn at latest. Late 30s here so it's a long time coming. That's my big thing for this year. I had hoped to replace my 16 year old car this year but something (my bank account) tells me we're gonna have to stick together for another year or two given the expense of the house ;-)

Other than that I booked 2 nights in Waterford in December for Winterval. No summer hols booked but I usually do a few day trips to Tramore and looking forward to those long summer days on the beach.

Advertisement