Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ifyou are a first time buyer, there is a guy on Instagram, crazyhouseprices that people seem to swear by for giving tips and guidance on his page through the house buying process. He has a few things in his highlights that might be worth reading anyway - he also has a book out. Just thought I'd mention it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

I'll look him up, @miamee thank you for the tip! I'll need all the advice I can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Kids birthday today, few bits planned and all had to cancelled, my daughter tested positive for covid this morning. Unbelievable timing!

More cake for me though!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy 13th Birthday to the twinnies! A definite re-scheduling of festivities is called for here.

Just home from work, what a week. Need a beer badly.

Roll on the bank holiday weekend.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Had my first lie on in a few weeks, have just polished off a couple of sausage and rasher toastie sandwiches, second cup of tea about to be made. Don't have to be anywhere in a rush.

Have a voucher for a local tool shop so will go down there and pick up a few bits that aren't going to cost me anything, have to get away from going into work on Saturdays and enjoying mornings like this.

It really is the little things.

Our match was cancelled this morning as pitches were deemed unplayable. Was never so happy to have a game called off. Can get the grocery shop done at a leisurely pace for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Dublin Bowie fest coming up. It's usually in January which is great for dissolving the post Christmas blues but it's in early Feb this year. Cannot wait!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

First Bank Holiday weekend on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Nations back tonight!!

Really tough start for Ireland, tonight's game could be a championship decider & no tougher place to go than France when they've a good side!!

Lets hope our lads are up for it now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Trip to Centre Parcs is booked, first hol this year and first as a family of 4.

With the OH being off on maternity leave we could book off peak as well for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah fab! You'll have such a great time! Are you going for three nights or four?

Pancake Tuesday next week, best thing about an early Easter, early Pancakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Checking in after a week of not being online here. Finished in my old job last Friday and started my new one this Tuesday gone.

how was everyone’s long weekend??

Weekend was good, nice and relaxing and the weather stayed good long enough for us to get us and do stuff oh and Ireland stuffed France in the rugby all good!

Hope the new job is going well!

Yes I got to enjoy the rugby. Bittersweet feeling after the World Cup.

Jobs going great just trying to be a sponge and absorb as much information as possible. It is the same area as before so a lot of crossover thankfully!

VERY bittersweet after the world cup, but good to shake those world cup blues/cobwebs quickly and move on.

Great to hear the new job is going well!

I consider this to be the gateway to Christmas season, so just 38 weeks to go....

• Advertisement

Up for the kids park run and it's lovely and sunny out. Can't remember the last time that i woke to bright sunlight.

Stunning day today. Got walks in playground trip in and the dogs got a big walk in the park.

Got out for two walks with the little one over the weekend thanks to the improvement in weather.

Reminded me of the good times ahead with the brighter and warmer evenings incoming!

Today is my Friday, thanks to the mid-term break! Finishing early & heading down the country for a few days!

Lovely. Enjoy.

Fingers crossed you get some dry weather now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Got my official offer of a place on my masters course for September this morning. Had a strong feeling I'd get it but there's a lot of competition for place so it's a relief to have it.

Takeaway and bubbles tonight😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations! 😁

• Advertisement

Advertisement