Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend a month on booze or fags

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Jesus. I probably spend maybe a hundred bucks a month on booze, but I'm shaking my head at lads spending the equivalent of the mortgage payment on a 3 bed semi-detached on booze and fags. Are ye well lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pretty much nothing. Never smoked and more-or-less gave up drinking when I got a car and simultaneously moved to the country where you have to drive everywhere anyway!
    Months can go by without me having so much as a pint now, even though I've since moved back to Dublin. Can't say I miss it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I don't smoke and I hardly ever drink, so... zero. Thankfully.

Smoking is an addiction, so logic doesn't really enter into the decision to spend €10 a day on cigarettes, but I don't understand how anyone can justify drinking in pubs. The idea of spending €5 on a single pint makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Jesus. I probably spend maybe a hundred bucks a month on booze, but I'm shaking my head at lads spending the equivalent of the mortgage payment on a 3 bed semi-detached on booze and fags. Are ye well lads...

Worked with a guy who was trying to kick the fags about this time last year - reckoned himself and his missed got through a grand a month in fags alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Worked with a guy who was trying to kick the fags about this time last year - reckoned himself and his missed got through a grand a month in fags alone.

Were they eating them? That's 2,000 cigarettes a month between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Deluded Oreo

Like many others zero maybe the odd can/pints occasionally.

RayM wrote: »

I don't understand how anyone can justify drinking in pubs. The idea of spending €5 on a single pint makes absolutely no sense to me.

Because drinking at home is just not the same. No draught Guinness, no pub atmosphere, no choice to move around to a few different places, no turning up the music loud because of neighbours etc etc. I'm at home most evening sitting in my living room, the days I go drinking I much prefer doing it in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

About 400 between the two id reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

4 packs of 20 per day between the two = just shy of €40 per day. Multiply by 30 days in a month = €1200. Give or take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Zero on both :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depending on our mood and how good we have or haven't been, on a particularly drinky week myself and the missus would probably polish off 2 bottles of plonk over a weekend and one during the week. I might go out for a few pints one Thursday in 4. So that works out to €180, give or take, in a month. Don't smoke.

Not too shabby. There was a time when that would be a heavy night's eating and drinking for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Don't smoke, so zilch there. Maybe €200 on drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Dont smoke any more. Touch wood.

Normally probably about 120 on booze but am off it this month in an effort to try to get healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Nadda on either! :) still broke though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It adds up pretty quickly. I smoked 40 a day, more on a weekend. Spent about 600 a month alone on smokes.

Now, I spend a tenner a month on liquid for my ecig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yiikes

3 boxes of fags at the most from my supply of duty frees for nights out. So about €7.20 a month total. €10 if I go like a train.

Drink varies from €60 to €150 Id say

Advertisement