Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend a month on booze or fags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

In a typical month. 0 on both. Don't smoke and haven't been drinking much for the last 4 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Zero on both Couldn't afford to smoke or drink regularly even if I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't smoke (anymore).

Would drink a bottle of whiskey over a month....maybe a beer about 3 nights a week as well.

but almost always at home, so not paying pub prices. You can get a bottle of Jameson here for about 1800yen, which is only about 11 euro. About 1.30 for a 330ml can of standard lager. Goes up to about 2 for the better ones. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

So far this month, roughly 80 euro on drink. Probably over a hundred next week and probably around 150 the week after that. Unfortunately a few events I want to attend have been very close to some of my friends' birthdays in January. I'm done drinking for a while after January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Would usually be about €40 p/m on smokes, zero so far this month.

Drink, couldn't give you an average. Somewhere between 100 and 400, depending on what's going on and how much disposable income I have.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

Each week I spend

€80 on rent
    €35 on 2 bottle of vodka
    €50 for a bag to smoke

That leaves me with €23 for my portion of the food budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Zero on both Couldn't afford to smoke or drink regularly even if I wanted.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

300 a month on smokes,and about 200 on drink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Way too much, I'm not a big drinker though, rarely drink but I do smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

osarusan wrote: »
    You can get a bottle of Jameson here for about 1800yen, which is only about 11 euro. About 1.30 for a 330ml can of standard lager. Goes up to about 2 for the better ones. Yum.

For some reason i always had it in my head that everything in Japan is ridiculously expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

About 30 quid on drink and 100 on smokes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

macyard wrote: »
    Each week I spend

€80 on rent
    €35 on 2 bottle of vodka
    €50 for a bag to smoke

That leaves me with €23 for my portion of the food budget.

You're being silently judged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I'm a year off the smokes,, but did spend 300 a month when I did smoke,, and when I did go out to bars I would spent around 100 per week.
    So that's 700 PM for both.

But about 4 years ago I stopped going out and have been in a bar maybe twice in the last 4 years. My wife was on some mad diet and was off the wine or shandy, it was just the push I needed to stop going out myself.

Now once a month if I go to the supermarket with to do the shopping, I may pick up an 8 pack of Dutch Gold,, maybe once per month.

So now, it is a big 0 on cigs,, and 10 smackers a month on beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

For some reason i always had it in my head that everything in Japan is ridiculously expensive
    Some stuff is, but there isn't much tax on alcohol or cigarettes. about 460yen for a pack of cigarettes like Marlboro (others might even be a bit cheaper). That's around 3 euro.

Still ridiculous that it can be imported to Japan, have whatever tax and other costs there are added, and still be less than half the price the same bottle of whiskey in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

About 40 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't smoke.

Probably about €40 a month on average for drink.

The amount of money that people spend on cigarettes is sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Nothing on cigarettes now. I have been off them for almost a year now. As for alcohol, it depends on if I go out at all. Probably around £25 for a couple of bottles of spirits for weekends in but I could spend about £70 on a night out - predrinking, drinks and shots in the bar and food afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

My monthly wage is equal to what the OP spends on just booze and ciggies per month :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

5 pints isn't binge in my eyes especially when your taking your time with them. Could easily drink 14 pints in a session if I wanted to. My liver is perfectly healthy tyvm.

You're drinking 5 days a week. Thats binge drinking

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

About £360-400 on drink, and about £160 on fags.

• Advertisement

Zero on cigs - I do not smoke.

Alcohol consumption actually is a NEGATIVE value. Most of what drinking I do is at my monthly house party. And by the time people throw me a few quid towards it each month - I almost always break even or hit a small profit (which I then put back into the next months one).

So over all my answer here is in the negative value spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I never thought about that one!

There's even a group :eek:

http://www.tirnasaor.com/group/irishtobacoogrowers
    A Tir na Saor group.
    Jaysus. Freeman tobacco farmers.

Country's fcuked.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Will91w

Don't drink that often but i spend about 140-160 on fags a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Tilly wrote: »
    Why would you do that every 6 months? Are you old?

For the finger up the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Usually five pints after work two nights a week is around 60 euro. 60*4 is 240. Nice and relaxing after a hard days work and wouldn't be hungover at all the next morning.

Knock them midweek pints on the head for six months and you would be able to afford to install your own home bar in living room or shed. Get your mates to chip in for the kegs, whack in a TV, dart board, pool table and what not. Work out much cheaper in the long run. A keg costs circa €130 and you get just over 100 pints out of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I don't smoke. In a typical month I spend €0 on drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Off the fags since August so I use that money and invested in drinking more beer. Delicious, lovely beer.

We don't go out that much so usually we drink at home where I get to act like Al Bundy, I'd say I spend around €80 to €100 a month.........depending on the thirst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'd say around €50 on cigarettes and €100-€600 on drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

At the moment €0. I'm off the booze for January and don't smoke - I'm astonished at some of the figures quoted here.

A usual month for me would consist of a booze run to stock on on vino - so about €60. Plus add in a few craft / nice beers for the fridge I suppose about another €40. Don't go out a huge amount so perhaps €50 for a few casual pints after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Zero. I don't smoke and don't drink. Used to do both in epic quantities. Feeling much better for it now.

Advertisement