Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend a month on booze or fags

Options
  • 11-01-2015 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭

I spend roughly 700 a month on beer and around 250 on fags. Its all stopping for the new year now and on the ecig now. Until I added it up I was always making excuses and convincing myself that it was okay and had money for little else. How much do you spend a month on booze and cigs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

I spend roughly 700 a month on beer

Has the beer affected your mathematical abilities, or can you explain to me how this is possible??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I dont smoke and probably spend about €150 max on drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

4.66 beers a day.

Easy peasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Has the beer affected your mathematical abilities, or can you explain to me how this is possible??

Its only an average of 140 pints, over a month period that is small.

I spend roughly 700 a month on beer and around 250 on fags. Its all stopping for the new year now and on the ecig now. Until I added it up I was always making excuses and convincing myself that it was okay and had money for little else. How much do you spend a month on booze and cigs?

Is there actually enough time in a day to consume that much booze and that many cigarettes?

I spend zero on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Probably about 300 euro on beer. Don't smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Candie wrote: »
    Is there actually enough time in a day to consume that much booze and that many cigarettes?

I spend zero on either.

Pints on a Saturday followed by a few double vodka red bulls at the club usually racks up about 200-300 for me along with taxi home and food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Last week it was €30 on booze and €300 on smokes.

Not anymore though, now it's maybe €15 on booze and nothing on smokes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He must like this wine...

http://www.obrienswine.ie/wine/torbreck-the-laird-2005.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Usually five pints after work two nights a week is around 60 euro. 60*4 is 240. Nice and relaxing after a hard days work and wouldn't be hungover at all the next morning.

Spend then around 100 in the local Friday, Saturday and Sunday watching football or more if I go out to town on the saturday. Usually wouldn't drink more than six pints unless going on the town to avoid hangovers. 400 then a month and would add another 80 on if going out in the city usually just once a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Nothing on fags.

Don't go out drinking much or drink at home much. Between €50 and €100 a month on booze averaging it all out, I reckon.

Last week €300 on smokes.

Thats over 80 fags a day of that said week, proper chain smoker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Smokes €250 a month. Rarely anything on booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Usually five pints after work two nights a week is around 60 euro. 60*4 is 240
    Spend then around 100 in the local Friday, Saturday and Sunday watching football or more if I go out to town on the saturday. Usually wouldn't drink more than six pints unless going on the town to avoid hangovers. 400 then a month and would add another 80 on if going out in the city usually just once a month.

You would want to be saving some money for a liver transplant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭no money honey

700 a month, you could buy 200 pints for that ffs !

RobertKK wrote: »
    You would want to be saving some money for a liver transplant too.

5 pints isn't binge in my eyes especially when your taking your time with them. Could easily drink 14 pints in a session if I wanted to. My liver is perfectly healthy tyvm.

If I'm going "for a drink", after work or whatever, I'll have 2/3/4 beers, which is €20ish at home or €12 where I live. If I'm going out on the lash it would be predrinking from a big bottle of spirits (eg a part of a 70cl bottle of gin that I bought for €14) with whatever mixer I buy in a shop, followed by one or two drinks while out, which doesn't work out anywhere near €200!
    I think the most I ever spent on a night out was maybe €90 which was dinner in a restaurant, snakey naggin, taxis in and out of town, drinks, shots, etc. I literally could not get through €300 worth of food and drink in a day :O

And I definitely couldn't squeeze 140 pints into a month's drinking! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭no money honey

Usually five pints after work two nights a week is around 60 euro. 60*4 is 240. Nice and relaxing after a hard days work and wouldn't be hungover at all the next morning.

So youre paying 6 quid for every pint? You drink a fair bit but more regularly than an inhumane amount. The problem is the amount your paying for your booze.

5 pints isn't binge in my eyes especially when your taking your time with them. Could easily drink 14 pints in a session if I wanted to. My liver is perfectly healthy tyvm.

How do you have time to drink that much being a doctor??? :confused:

So youre paying 6 quid for every pint? You drink a fair bit but more regularly than an inhumane amount. The problem is the amount your paying for your booze.

No 4.70 but ud spend the other tenner on pool, taytoes, juke box etc. So I suppose that could be brought down.

• Advertisement

Tilly wrote: »
    How do you have time to drink that much being a doctor??? :confused:

Cause I go for a full medical test every six months including bloods. And yes I do get a finger up the arse during it as well.

Cause I go for a full medical test every six months including bloods. And yes I do get a finger up the arse during it as well.

Why would you do that every 6 months? Are you old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Thats over 80 fags a day of that said week, proper chain smoker.

Haha I meant if you asked me last week!

Tilly wrote: »
    Why would you do that every 6 months? Are you old?

Just piece of mind, its not that expensive.

Just piece of mind, its not that expensive.

Sure it's only the price of 9 beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

€0.00

Haha I meant if you asked me last week!

Fair play on quitting, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Where do i sign up?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No 4.70 but ud spend the other tenner on pool, taytoes, juke box etc. So I suppose that could be brought down.

Don't forget de fisssey oranange.

• Advertisement

Also I know I'm joking around and wondering how on earth you're managing to do it, but you have said in the first post that it's all stopping and you were making excuses and now you're making changes... Fair play to you. There are sooo many more enjoyable ways to spend €1,000 every month, and I go out regularly and binge drink and all that craic. You will feel so much better and if you just drank half the amount you could save a fortune and still have fun! Best of luck tya!

Advertisement