Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

they phoned me yesterday to tell me to try and break it to you on here gently that they have no need for anymore PCaskingtoomanyquestions...... ;)

That's hilarious... Tell you what though I am aware they frown on those who show too much hopefulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

PCbobby wrote: »
    That's hilarious... Tell you what though I am aware they frown on those who show too much hopefulness.

lol. are you insinuating I am special or something? or do I make that abundantly clear myself in my posts....

ahhhhhhhhhhh. my medical letter has been popped through the post (I have this on good authority). I have to wait through work all day before I open it.

I never knew it would be so quick (a few days). I thought it would be a week or more.

Is the speed of it a good thing or a bad thing. Or do I want to know......

I almost took up smoking waiting on the postman there and after seeing your post. Thankfully the letter arrived. Is that waiting room now?

I almost took up smoking waiting on the postman there and after seeing your post. Thankfully the letter arrived. Is that waiting room now?

smoking?? I'm close to jumping out the window here beside me!!!

I take it you passed? I wont know until around half 5.

Does the letter just give a result of the medical examination or the hair test too?

smoking?? I'm close to jumping out the window here beside me!!!

I take it you passed? I wont know until around half 5.

Does the letter just give a result of the medical examination or the hair test too?

Just medical. The hair test is separate but I don't think you are informed of the result. Yes it was a pass.

• Advertisement

Just medical. The hair test is separate but I don't think you are informed of the result. Yes it was a pass.

cheers buddy. I am going to text my slave at home and ask them to let me know.

I SHOULD, I repeat (SHOULD) be okay medical side of things. they don't test for retardation....

can I be the first (on here) to congratulate you buddy. well done, I hope we both get the good fortune to receive a call in the near future and troll each other in g.v....... :D

cheers buddy. I am going to text my slave at home and ask them to let me know.

I SHOULD, I repeat (SHOULD) be okay medical side of things. they don't test for retardation....

can I be the first (on here) to congratulate you buddy. well done, I hope we both get the good fortune to receive a call in the near future and troll each other in g.v....... :D

Let us know your result I'm sure your deluded hopefulness will not be tested.

It's going to be the people you work with who will make the job. Hopefully things proceed and those who are excited about the challenge of policing are the ones who get in together and get on well.

Let us know your result I'm sure your deluded hopefulness will not be tested.

It's going to be the people you work with who will make the job. Hopefully things proceed and those who are excited about the challenge of policing are the ones who get in together and get on well.

Well, like yourself I can confirm I got the "medically fit" prognosis. this has been a very long drawn out process and it has been draining at times. As I am sure it has been for others in the same boat.

I know there is still a decent chance I don't manage to get a call in time for this recruitment campaign finishing but at least I have given it my best and got through all the stages.

Fingers crossed I wont need to hope for a pass in the assessment centre results coming in April..... (but hopefully I pass anyway)

I agree, re: the people you work with making the job. Based on posts in here, and those I have spoken to at different stages, I must say I have no worries on that front so far. Everyone has been top notch.

Any more calls or info on calls?

I second this.

anyone received any calls last day or two?

If anyone has it on good authority that calls will be going out next week too, you'd be making my day by divulging such info. lol

oh and also Floral15 and PCimpatient would like to know too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

Just passed the fitness test today! Time to celebrate until the medical when the torture begins again! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Passed my pca :D

Next stage medical..... can anyone confirm how I will be contacted for a medical invite and roughly how long did it take after passing pca? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Cingrats big fish. Tbh it will depend on how your AC score compared to others who've just passed. Folk with a higher AC were called a couple of weeks after for a medical, I had to wait about 4 weeks. You'll get a letter with the appointment date

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Passed my pca :D

Next stage medical..... can anyone confirm how I will be contacted for a medical invite and roughly how long did it take after passing pca? Thanks

Firstly, big congrats!

You'll get your medical invite in the next week I'd say. That's what happened with me - i passed my PCA on the thursday and my invite was there on the Saturday. Done my medical today. Now, we wait.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Cingrats big fish. Tbh it will depend on how your AC score compared to others who've just passed. Folk with a higher AC were called a couple of weeks after for a medical, I had to wait about 4 weeks. You'll get a letter with the appointment date

Thank you 😊

Oh that's great, cheers for the info.

Are you in the 'waiting room' then Mop? 😊

Lol I've been waiting years! C1 was a nightmare with a few near misses and too long spent in the waiting room! This C2 was a bit of a shocker but I made it from limbo to a call last week :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol I've been waiting years! C1 was a nightmare with a few near misses and too long spent in the waiting room! This C2 was a bit of a shocker but I made it from limbo to a call last week :)

Lol. Well done and congrats and hopefully see you in hotel g all being well :)

No medical invite for me in the post today.

Bigfish22 wrote:
    No medical invite for me in the post today.

Any word yet bigfish?

Any word yet bigfish?

Nope, nothing, zero, zilch.

Thought I would've been contacted by now, it's 2 weeks from I passed pca.

Anyone else have to wait this long for a letter?

Bigfish22 wrote:

They could just be doing them in batches? Did many people in your group pass?

Chin up, it'll come through for you :)

They could just be doing them in batches? Did many people in your group pass?

Chin up, it'll come through for you :)

Maybe they are. I think the majority of people at my pca passed also, perhaps that is what's holding it up and Im guessing easter may slow things up with people being off. Just hope they don't end this campaign as Im so close.

Fingers crossed, thanks.

• Advertisement

I waited over 2 weeks for mine. Wouldn't worry

Bigfish22 wrote:
    Maybe they are. I think the majority of people at my pca passed also, perhaps that is what's holding it up and Im guessing easter may slow things up with people being off. Just hope they don't end this campaign as Im so close.

I know exactly how you feel, but do not give up hope. At this point you've just as much chance as any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

Nope, nothing, zero, zilch.

Anyone else have to wait this long for a letter?

Hey bigfish I had to wait around two weeks, so hopefully yours will arrive any day now!

Feel like my medical isn't for ages... The waiting continues... How long roughly after the medical do you have to wait to find out if it's a pass or a fail?

takemeaway wrote:
    Feel like my medical isn't for ages... The waiting continues... How long roughly after the medical do you have to wait to find out if it's a pass or a fail?

Usually the next day, if you hadn't already had the cheeky heads up from the nurses (they give you a fairly good idea if you have passed).

The letter is sent the same day, and if not, then the next day

Usually 2 days and the result for SMT takes a week but if you pass that you never hear. They just send it on to AC&V

Medical letter received :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Do they give you a decent waiting time? Getting time off a short notice is like asking for a pay rise in my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Long ago you do your pca?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Do they give you a decent waiting time? Getting time off a short notice is like asking for a pay rise in my place.

4 weeks goonerdee. What stage are you at? Pca passed?

• Advertisement

Long ago you do your pca?

Received letter 2 weeks after passing Pca

Advertisement