Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Yes mate induction and start date

well done to all getting the call. Exciting times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

What's the chances of more calls going out for the April intake next week? (Reason I'm asking is i know there is another vetting meeting at the end of this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Floral15 wrote: »
    What's the chances of more calls going out for the April intake next week? (Reason I'm asking is i know there is another vetting meeting at the end of this week)

The calls 5 weeks ago were done over the space of 9 or 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Bustermoon wrote: »

this is good news

Thanks bustermoon, I hope that's the case this time round too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Floral15 wrote: »
    Thanks bustermoon, I hope that's the case this time round too!

It worked in my favour last time!! I did my medical early in the first week of calls and got a call during the second week of calls! Keep the faith!

It worked in my favour last time!! I did my medical early in the first week of calls and got a call during the second week of calls! Keep the faith!

this is potentially very good news!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

I hope so as I have my second PCA to do in a couple of days :-/ as the first one is over the six month, I was being very hopeful that I would get the call after that :-)

StingrayGC wrote: »
    I hope so as I have my second PCA to do in a couple of days :-/ as the first one is over the six month, I was being very hopeful that I would get the call after that :-)

me too, me too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

I was deeply discouraged before you posted the possibility of that scenario.

Thanks.

So the calls may be to take in those who are doing medical this week then!

• Advertisement

PCbobby wrote: »
    I was deeply discouraged before you posted the possibility of that scenario.

Thanks.

So the calls may be to take in those who are doing medical this week then!

And to hopefully take in the stragglers who have been waiting on vetting to clear for far too long! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

StingrayGC wrote: »

Hey my lovely. I knew a guy who did a repeat PCA on the Tuesday in C1, the calls were the thurs fri before it and he got a call the next day. Keep the faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Any more calls or info on calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Failed my PCA today.made a mistake and circled the cones at the kettle bell section on the first two laps,was told on the 3r I didn't have to do that and just simply go round them...failed by 2seconds. So so so disappointed in myself.retest date is 3 months away :(

Bad luck network. I guess the silver lining here is that you know you can pass it in the time frame without the mistakes. Plus when I did my PCA they said you have up to 12 weeks to repeat. You can do it anytime they have the training sessions between now and then. P

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

That's so rubbish, it's so easy to make mistakes though.

At least you have another shot at it and hopefully it signals that the merit list for C2 will be live for another few months.

That's so rubbish, it's so easy to make mistakes though.

At least you have another shot at it and hopefully it signals that the merit list for C2 will be live for another few months.

I hope so cause I don't think I passed the AC for the current campaign

Mop a top wrote: »
    Bad luck network. I guess the silver lining here is that you know you can pass it in the time frame without the mistakes. Plus when I did my PCA they said you have up to 12 weeks to repeat. You can do it anytime they have the training sessions between now and then. P
    Do u mean I can resit it any time withing the 12 weeks if they have availability for a date sooner?

At my PCA they said they run the training sessions every few weeks and you can either take the PCA again on one of those dates OR you can wait until all 12 weeks are over and take the test then. We were also told if you take it earlier and fail it you don't get another shot at it, that's you out. Check it out for yourself though but I can't see them changing the goal posts in a few months

At my PCA they said they run the training sessions every few weeks and you can either take the PCA again on one of those dates OR you can wait until all 12 weeks are over and take the test then. We were also told if you take it earlier and fail it you don't get another shot at it, that's you out. Check it out for yourself though but I can't see them changing the goal posts in a few months

Thanks mop,they never mentioned this to us.maybe they'd not doing it now as as far as I was aware we were one of the last to do the test...could be wrong.
    Who would I contact regarding that do u think?
    I no my vetting has cleared already so I'm so disappointed this is holding me back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Thanks mop,they never mentioned this to us.maybe they'd not doing it now as as far as I was aware we were one of the last to do the test...could be wrong.
    Who would I contact regarding that do u think?
    I no my vetting has cleared already so I'm so disappointed this is holding me back

You should have got a list of dates you can attend and then your redo test date with your PCA results. Have you got your 2nd chance date? (Dont actually post it)

You should have got a list of dates you can attend and then your redo test date with your PCA results. Have you got your 2nd chance date? (Dont actually post it)

Yes got my retest date,is months away.
    The other dates for familiarisation and retest were on a separate sheet I found in the envelope.the rest date was on the first.
    IL b taking one of them then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

I'm confused, why are people getting two chances at the PCA? I haven't been on boards in ages because I felt like reading it all made me more nervous.

Is this just for people who have passed the PCA in the past but the date has expired?

takemeaway wrote: »
    I'm confused, why are people getting two chances at the PCA? I haven't been on boards in ages because I felt like reading it all made me more nervous.

Is this just for people who have passed the PCA in the past but the date has expired?

As of Campaign 2 if you failed your PCA you were given the opportunity to retake it in 12 weeks with support training at regular intervals before that, you can also retake the PCA at any of those dates.

With both C1 and C2 if your PCA wax 6months ago it expired and you retook the test.

As of Campaign 2 if you failed your PCA you were given the opportunity to retake it in 12 weeks with support training at regular intervals before that, you can also retake the PCA at any of those dates.

With both C1 and C2 if your PCA wax 6months ago it expired and you retook the test.

I'm in C2 and will soon have my first attempt at the PCA in this campaign. So am I going delirious or does this mean I will have a 2nd chance if I fail?

Sorry if I'm being abit slow about this!!! Just a little over the moon if I am reading this right! Not that I plan on failing first time (hopefully pass) but it will give me a lot more confidence! In c1 I got sick with nerves and failed.

You're exactly spot on! If you fail the PCA in C2 for the first time you're given the opportunity to retake it within the 12 weeks.

Brill news! Thank you!

PCbobby wrote: »
    Any more calls or info on calls?

they phoned me yesterday to tell me to try and break it to you on here gently that they have no need for anymore PCaskingtoomanyquestions...... ;)

I hope so cause I don't think I passed the AC for the current campaign

was a bit of a barsteward wasn't it :mad:

• Advertisement

ahhhhhhhhhhh. my medical letter has been popped through the post (I have this on good authority). I have to wait through work all day before I open it.

I never knew it would be so quick (a few days). I thought it would be a week or more.

Is the speed of it a good thing or a bad thing. Or do I want to know......

Advertisement