Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

PCbobby wrote: »
    PCSTRESSEDOUT here...

Can only change your username on here once! which is it to be?

PCPlonker or PCStressedout?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Can only change your username on here once! which is it to be?

PCPlonker or PCStressedout?? :P

I will tell you in 3 or so weeks time.

I will tell you in 3 or so weeks time.

haha. fingers crossed for us both mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Newbie1100

Anyone else join the waiting room recently?

Newbie1100 wrote: »
    Anyone else join the waiting room today?

what's that? when you receive passed medical results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Newbie1100 wrote: »
    Anyone else join the waiting room recently?

Right here buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Me too. Medical letter in the post this morning :) wondering if this time I'll get the t shirt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

That's a yes from me also and very glad to be here!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Still waiting on my vetting to clear, sure it's only been 7 months :-/

Awww my lovely, chin up. It will happen. Mine took about 6months last time. Have you checked recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Yeah I check it every few weeks, I will leave it now until mid March and hopefully there will be a bit of movement

Fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Mop a top wrote: »
    Fingers crossed x

It's the final countdown!!!🚀

Just did my AC (again) was told by Deloitte that there will be starts in GV from beginning of June from this campaign. Also told that PCAs started yesterday.

Just did my AC (again) was told by Deloitte that there will be starts in GV from beginning of June from this campaign. Also told that PCAs started yesterday.

pcas for the latest recruitment round?? Jesus I only did my assessment centre last week!

PCMisinformed.......? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

pcas for the latest recruitment round?? Jesus I only did my assessment centre last week!

PCMisinformed.......? :P

That sounds pretty spot on to what mikeonejuliet suggested, last intake of 1405 would be May (ie 2 more squads) and then 1509 starts June. All very quick though!

I know. It was very specific info. She said the results will be out by April 15 but that they are putting everyone through the PCA anyway unless by that point they have failed. She also said that1800 passed the IST and that it was really low. They expected 2500 passes.

PC well-informed

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

I know. It was very specific info. She said the results will be out by April 15 but that they are putting everyone through the PCA anyway unless by that point they have failed.

PC well-informed

Take it this means if you don't get called for PCA soon and you did your AC early then you probably failed...?

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Take it this means if you don't get called for PCA soon and you did your AC early then you probably failed...?

No I didn't get that impression. I think they are randomly taking people to PCA. The results can't be sorted because PSNI need to establish a pass mark still (apparently). It just seems like they are charging ahead because they need more constables and are preparing for June intake.

I stand to be corrected on that.

I know. It was very specific info. She said the results will be out by April 15 but that they are putting everyone through the PCA anyway unless by that point they have failed. She also said that1800 passed the IST and that it was really low. They expected 2500 passes.

PC well-informed

I will crawl back under my rock, never to call into question your information again. :D

As previously posted. I don't care when and by which recruitment campaign I get in. I just want in! :)

• Advertisement

No I didn't get that impression. I think they are randomly taking people to PCA. The results can't be sorted because PSNI need to establish a pass mark still (apparently). It just seems like they are charging ahead because they need more constables and are preparing for June intake.

I stand to be corrected on that.

hopefully they need new constables badly enough that they'll even let me in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

PC well-informed

Only 1800 passes. Factor in those who joined in C2 but took IST, the usual no shows and the bulk who wash out and it's looking good for a PCA. Hopefully this is the end of 2 year campaigns. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Again I wish those well in 1405 :)

Mostly so you're all out of my campaign lol :D

Homer01 wrote: »
    Again I wish those well in 1405 :)

Mostly so you're all out of my campaign lol :D

I'm with Homer on this hope all you 14's get picked up ASAP! I need anything to improve my odds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

What notice is there for the PCA out of curiosity?

swl33t wrote: »
    What notice is there for the PCA out of curiosity?

From what I have seen in here your talking 4-6 weeks with an invite to a walkthrough before hand.

#PSNI’s budget is now confirmed as £646m, this includes a budget reduction of £26.2m.#KeepingPeopleSafe

#PSNI’s budget is now confirmed as £646m, this includes a budget reduction of £26.2m.#KeepingPeopleSafe

I may only be speaking for myself here but I would be willing to take a reduction of the above, were I to make it in.....

I may only be speaking for myself here but I would be willing to take a reduction of the above, were I to make it in.....

Really though it says they are going to close another 12 stations... That doesn't look good for recruitment does it?

• Advertisement

Really though it says they are going to close another 12 stations... That doesn't look good for recruitment does it?

Do you have the link?

Advertisement