Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

1405 campaign news

145791087

Comments



  • I think it was 4-6 weeks from last campaign guys. Altho I didn't follow the forum as much then! I'm mid-high 60's same score as last time. I'm guessing I'll get mine about end of April/ start of May, pca June. Going on what way it went last time. Hope this helps




  • I got high 60's last campaign, and received my vetting forms 6 days after the results came out.




  • the411 wrote: »
    I got high 60's last campaign, and received my vetting forms 6 days after the results came out.

    do you know how far apart each batch of vetting forms are?




  • I assume the pca date will be out within next few weeks then? Vetting forms are chunky enough! 20 years history haha who remembers where they lived 20 years ago!

    I know of another who got forms today also high 70 score. Good luck guys.




  • the411 wrote: »
    I got high 60's last campaign, and received my vetting forms 6 days after the results came out.

    I know a guy who was nearly 70's and he got his real soon after the results lol trying not give anything away here haha. In squad terms if I'd passed there was an intake between us for the sake of 2 marks. Just all depends on whose scored what I suppose lol.

    So just to clarify nobody in low 70's has received vetting forms? It's high 70's +?

    Well done btw guys now get all ur info sorted asap the timescale will be nearly gone before you's know it :)

    Ps if it's any help my vetting letter came on one day and my pca came the next day! But again I suppose it just all depends.


  • Advertisement


  • QueenP wrote: »
    I know a guy who was nearly 70's and he got his real soon after the results lol trying not give anything away here haha. In squad terms if I'd passed there was an intake between us for the sake of 2 marks. Just all depends on whose scored what I suppose lol.

    So just to clarify nobody in low 70's has received vetting forms? It's high 70's +?

    Well done btw guys now get all ur info sorted asap the timescale will be nearly gone before you's know it :)

    Ps if it's any help my vetting letter came on one day and my pca came the next day! But again I suppose it just all depends.

    I'm mid 70's but didn't get forms today




  • Good to hear the ball is rolling finally! Hopefully we'll all get forms through soon enough! I'll be sure to post if I get them through!




  • Got the vetting forms too




  • Anyone else receive a letter today re campaign two?

    Just says your application is now being processed through the remaining stages, please refrain from contacting us unless it's regarding a change of circumstances etc.

    Was sweating opening it thinking it was a Dear John for campaign one.




  • Sthm wrote: »
    Anyone else receive a letter today re campaign two?

    Just says your application is now being processed through the remaining stages, please refrain from contacting us unless it's regarding a change of circumstances etc.

    Was sweating opening it thinking it was a Dear John for campaign one.

    I haven't.. But then I'm not sure if I gave them my parents address or my own when applying at the time so will check with my mum.

    What mark did you get in your AC? (Roughly)


  • Advertisement


  • Catdog33 wrote: »
    I haven't.. But then I'm not sure if I gave them my parents address or my own when applying at the time so will check with my mum.

    What mark did you get in your AC? (Roughly)

    It's the same correspondence the last group in campaign one, which I was part of, received. It was an e-mail that time though so that's why I was a bit surprised to see a letter roll out.

    I got roughly 78-80.




  • Sthm wrote: »
    Anyone else receive a letter today re campaign two?

    Just says your application is now being processed through the remaining stages, please refrain from contacting us unless it's regarding a change of circumstances etc.

    Was sweating opening it thinking it was a Dear John for campaign one.
    I did too lol




  • Yeah got one too, thought it was my PCA!




  • Congrats on being the first to be contacted. I'm guessing you both recieved your vetting forms yesterday? If you are from campaign one, did they send vetting forms out in batches every 4-6 weeks?




  • countrycop wrote: »
    Congrats on being the first to be contacted. I'm guessing you both recieved your vetting forms yesterday? If you are from campaign one, did they send vetting forms out in batches every 4-6 weeks?

    Cheers! Yeah, I did receive mine yesterday.

    Scored between 61-62 last time round, so I had to wait from results in March to September to receive vetting forms. Still in the running for that (touch wood) but I'm glad to be progressing a bit quicker this time. The vetting forms do usually go out every 4-5 weeks or so, so the next batch shouldn't be waiting too long.




  • Sthm wrote: »
    Cheers! Yeah, I did receive mine yesterday.

    Scored between 61-62 last time round, so I had to wait from results in March to September to receive vetting forms. Still in the running for that (touch wood) but I'm glad to be progressing a bit quicker this time. The vetting forms do usually go out every 4-5 weeks or so, so the next batch shouldn't be waiting too long.

    Hope you recieve good news from campaign one :) hopefully in the next few weeks we will find out what numbers are being taken for this campaign.




  • I'm assuming it's just those that have received vetting forms that have also received the letters?




  • That seems to be the case. I'd like to think next week after the board meeting we have a definitive number for potential recruits for this campaign




  • Yeah whats the deal with the letters? Basically saying its a long process, inform us of any personal changes and don't contact this office lol?

    Does this mean the PCA dates will be pushed back? Means more time for training I guess...




  • The letter is a carbon copy of an e-mail sent to the last batch in campaign one. It was sent a while before vetting and PCA invites for that batch. No other batches received it and my guess is they realised leaving people in the dark for months with no correspondence wasn't exactly great. Therefore, they'll now send letters to each batch just before they start phasing.

    That's just me surmising the reasons but I'm quite confident that PCA dates etc will not be delayed. I'd guess PCAs will be held by February.


  • Advertisement


  • Sthm wrote: »
    The letter is a carbon copy of an e-mail sent to the last batch in campaign one. It was sent a while before vetting and PCA invites for that batch. No other batches received it and my guess is they realised leaving people in the dark for months with no correspondence wasn't exactly great. Therefore, they'll now send letters to each batch just before they start phasing.

    That's just me surmising the reasons but I'm white confident that PCA dates etc will not be delayed. I'd guess PCAs will be held by February.
    Are the PCAs held every 4/5 weeks aswell then? So those that have received vetting forms will say have their PCAs feburary then the next batch have theirs in March or do they just roll them all out together?




  • When you get your pca in the post how long do you wait until you do it? I've read 2 weeks notice then on others 4 - weeks.




  • I THINK, its 2 weeks until your familiar visit to the PCA and its a further 2 or 4 weeks until the actual PCA date. It depends I suppose on how fast they are looking to get people in etc.




  • Did you all recieve a letter this morning? Is doesn't sound good!! :(




  • In work at the moment won't be home to later, you've scared me haha! What briefly does the letter say? =o




  • countrycop wrote: »
    Did you all recieve a letter this morning? Is doesn't sound good!! :(

    My post hasn't arrived yet so I really am panicking now!
    What's it about?




  • Catdog33 wrote: »
    My post hasn't arrived yet so I really am panicking now!
    What's it about?

    Basically due to funding cuts your application isn't being processed at this time but should funding become available it may be considered!




  • countrycop wrote: »
    Basically due to funding cuts your application isn't being processed at this time but should funding become available it may be considered!

    No way??????? What score roughly did you get at AC? How can they have sent vetting forms out last week and do this now??




  • Oh dear, it probably indicates they will only be taking 100 initially


  • Advertisement


  • Awww no way man! Really? Thats such a sucker punch. This policing board meeting can't come quick enough so we can finally get some clarification on numbers and money available to the police.... At least they are keeping people informed it seems this campaign..... :-/


Advertisement