Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More shots fired in Paris (Breaking)

Options
  • 08-01-2015 9:05am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Very limited information but bullets flying again. Hopefully on way to apprehending these guys.. http://www.thejournal.ie/breaking/news/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Could have been to escape arrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

He's caught. ... And an explosion at a mosque in france

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Zulu wrote: »
    He's caught. ... And an explosion at a mosque in france

Any link for that? Twitter is so busy I can't find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Two policemen injured and shooting continues

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Nothing on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

cant post a link ,but its showing on sky news website ,right hand side of screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hopefully it's only the criminals being shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

K4t wrote: »
    Hopefully it's only the criminals being shot.

Nope. One female police officer very seriously injured, another also injured. They caught the gunman though.

Edit: They didn't catch the gunman, and it wasn't 2 police officers injured - one garbage collector was injured. Arrested a 52 yr old guy, seemingly the wrong guy.

Shrap wrote: »
    - one garbage collector was injured.
    I heard that was rubbish.

• Advertisement

Not laughing here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Stupid comment on this thread. Cop on

Shrap wrote: »
    Not laughing here :(
    That's what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Is this planet becoming a sh**ty place? :confused:

ftse100 wrote: »
    Stupid comment on this thread. Cop on
    Excuse-moi

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

mac.in wrote: »
    Is this planet becoming a ****ty place?

This planet is a great place, it just happens to be populated by some pretty nasty people. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Sky news saying it was two police officers shot and injured one gravely.by two suspects one of them apprehended not clear if related to the Charlie hebdo.attack initially thought not or possibly a copy cat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Sky saying 2 police injured in shooting one serious (May not be a link to yesterday) and an explosion close to a mosque in south of France all this morning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

On Newstalk there just after nine they were talking to a reporter from Paris who said that two police officers were attending the scene of a car accident when a car pulled up and a North African looking man opened fire with an AK47 critically injuring one police officer and a refuse worker (binman) who was working close by. The car has been found abandoned and the gunman is still on the loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I wish no harm to Muslims, but I do wish they would move to countries that are compatible with their values and traditions, instead of making our lives hell.

• Advertisement

123balltv wrote: »
    I wish no harm to Muslims, but I do wish they would move to countries that are compatible with their values and traditions, instead of making our lives hell.
    Muslims are victims themselves of the Islamic religion.

It's the murdering muslim extremists you mean to move away or preferably die.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

123balltv wrote: »

Perhaps if NATO countries moved their militaries out of their [Muslims'] countries then your wish might come true.

Muslims are victims themselves of the Islamic religion fundamentalists.

It's the murdering muslim extremists you mean to move away or preferably die.

I agree with your fixed post :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Egginacup wrote: »
    Perhaps if NATO countries moved their militaries out of their [Muslims'] countries then your wish might come true.

or perhaps the extremist networks within those countries would strengthen and expand further leading to even more restrictions on what people may do/say/think in countries who want nothing to do with them.

Seems to be a swat team with armoured truck arriving on scene now would not suggest the have caught everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Egginacup wrote: »

I have to agree to an extent with this statement..

For decades and longer western countries have been interfering in the running of Eastern countries, colonising, creating puppet governments, toppling leaders all in the interest of access to oil reserves . People only take this for so long before pushing back. Extremists exist in all societies, to an extent western governments have given the extremists something to fight against, something to use to rally support for their cause.

Its not that different to what has happened on our own island over the last 100 years.. People use whatever means possible to fight back against whom they see as the oppressor - the extremists will fight dirtier than most.

sjb25 wrote: »
    Seems to be a swat team with armoured truck arriving on scene now would not suggest the have caught everybody

BRI elite police arriving they look like they are tooling up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

France24 reporting the policewoman is dead.RIP.

Police officer dead RIP

• Advertisement

F**kin hell. RIP.

Advertisement