Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-2015 Boards FSA Champions Cup Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    I think the post you made asking wasn't included or something maybe? Or maybe you made one post in one those dodgy forums and it doesn't count them!!

Thanks, I see it now yeah. Looks like I am a one forum man all right.

Signed up now.

@ Lemlin, we never followed it up when it was discussed on another thread, but there was a bit of interest in doing this competition with a small entry fee and the pot going to a charity nominated by the winner.

Would you still be interested in doing that if I arranged collection of money etc?

Understand if you don't want to get bogged down in it at this late stage, but if you are willing and the majority of interested participants are willing I'd be happy to do the treasurer side of it thru a paypal or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »
    How do you find your number of post on this forum as opposed to on boards.

I'm fairly sure the numbers are identical in my case, however just want to check....

Also, didn't know you could change the boards name on your account! How do you do that?

When I first registered here last year I just fired in the first thing that came into my head as I didn't really expect to be hanging around! Didn't use any of the regular 'handles' I'd be used to using on forums over the years, still can't get used to 'being' FHFC but didn't want to start all over again! :)

You need to subscribe to boards.ie for a minimum of 1 month (€5), once subscribed you can request a username change. More information here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_subscriberbenefits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Lemlin wrote: »
    I actually meant to add that and have now:

"Please note that the current champion Boots234 is exempt from the post count rule as the current champion must be given the chance to defend their title".

Thanks Lemlin, as a sign of gratitude I'll do a few transfers this week to give you a headstart in our head to head game at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks, I see it now yeah. Looks like I am a one forum man all right.

Thats a crazy number of posts in one forum in 15 months! You FSA degen!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In retrospect I should have waited til Saturday to sign up and built up a few more posts :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

boots, you should really have that in your sig, FSA Champions league champ.

You can be damn sure I'll be announcing it to all and sundry if I win the FSA premier:pac:

Interesting to see other peoples post count here, I'm averaging about 4 a day since I started here 25 months ago.

boots, you should really have that in your sig, FSA Champions league champ.

You can be damn sure I'll be announcing it to all and sundry if I win the FSA premier:pac:

Interesting to see other peoples post count here, I'm averaging about 4 a day since I started here 25 months ago.

Absolutely! I changed my FFS name when I won there! If I won the whole of FPL I think I would get my name changed to have Official FPL Champion as my middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    You need to subscribe to boards.ie for a minimum of 1 month (€5), once subscribed you can request a username change. More information here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_subscriberbenefits

I might look into that. I hate my username.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You mean you.................used2likebusts but now you've changed your mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Signed up now.

@ Lemlin, we never followed it up when it was discussed on another thread, but there was a bit of interest in doing this competition with a small entry fee and the pot going to a charity nominated by the winner.

Would you still be interested in doing that if I arranged collection of money etc?

Understand if you don't want to get bogged down in it at this late stage, but if you are willing and the majority of interested participants are willing I'd be happy to do the treasurer side of it thru a paypal or something....

My thinking was we'll hold that off until next year. The cup is a bit rushed this year.

My thinking was we'll hold that off until next year. The cup is a bit rushed this year.

No problem, would be scarce of time myself but would have given it a go.

Feckit, we don't even watch Dora anymore but around here I'm Swiper the Fox,
    You are who you are, even if you change we'll all call you busts anyway and it'll just be confusing for the newbies:p

Who is/was the one direction fan?? I've noticed him on the threads recently.

You are who you are, even if you change we'll all call you busts anyway and it'll just be confusing for the newbies:p

Yeah, questioning whether its worth the effort (and the fiver) myself.

I'm FHFC here and always have been, its just that anywhere else I would have been online over the years I'd have usually been Mr T....right back to the Johnny Ward Eircom League message board back in the early 2,000s if anyone remembers it! Although with a Mr P already on FSA that could get even weirder!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah, questioning whether its worth the effort (and the fiver) myself.

I'm FHFC here and always have been, its just that anywhere else I would have been online over the years I'd have usually been Mr T....right back to the Johnny Ward Eircom League message board back in the early 2,000s if anyone remembers it! Although with a Mr P already on FSA that could get even weirder!

I pity the fool who changes his name :pac:

CSF 4 lyf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    You mean you.................used2likebusts but now you've changed your mind?

It was a stupid name I came up with at the start of the recession. I was embarrassed enough when my wife discovered I was posting ff stuff to random people on the Internet she was even more concerned when she saw my username.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was once known as ScienceNerd

And he shall rise again!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

And he shall rise again!

Ah, I remember ScienceNerd, he had a grand username;)
    For some reason I took his posts a lot more seriously than yours.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

And he shall rise again!

Your a bigger nerd now!

• Advertisement

It was a stupid name I came up with at the start of the recession. I was embarrassed enough when my wife discovered I was posting ff stuff to random people on the Internet she was even more concerned when she saw my username.

I'd be morto if my wife found out about my activity here:pac:, it's my dirty little secret. But she knows that I was always a big fan of swiper:P

It's turning into a get it off your chest thread, no harm either:P, anybody else want to make an "i don't know what a tracker mortgage is" style confession or anything before we get our wrists slapped.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ziegler has kindly offered a prize of a €10 Amazon voucher. Anyone else with any prizes they can offer?

Ziegler has kindly offered a prize of a €10 Amazon voucher. Anyone else with any prizes they can offer?

I'll throw in a €20 voucher for my place for this one too.

I'll throw in a €20 voucher for my place for this one too.

Was busts onto you actually re the other one?

Was busts onto you actually re the other one?

No is it final time?

No is it final time?

Heused2likeBusts is due the prize yeah, I'll get him to PM you his details

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

And he shall rise again!

You shall be forever referred to as 1D, you're not getting away from this

Heused2likeBusts is due the prize yeah, I'll get him to PM you his details

Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

ill throw in a €25 one for all voucher too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement