Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-2015 Boards FSA Champions Cup Discussion Thread

Options
  • 06-01-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads

The Boards FSA Champions Cup is back to give Boots234 a chance to regain his title. Sadly, I can't run it as long as last year due to stupidly getting myself banned back when the CL was starting. Therefore, it's a slightly rushed version this year. However, the greatness of winning the title is no less reputable

The fixtures:

Match 1 - GW22
    Match 2 - GW23
    Match 3 - GW24
    Match 4 - GW25
    Match 5 - GW26
    Match 6 - GW27
    GW28 will be for any potential play offs.

Round of 32 (2 legs) - GW29 & 30
    Round of 16 (2 legs) - GW31 & 32
    Quarter Final (2 legs) - GW33 & 34
    Semi Final (2 legs) - GW35 & 36
    Final x 1 - GW38

You get 3 points for a win and one for a draw as per a normal football table in the group stages. Groups will always be sorted in 4 teams. 2 teams from each group will go through to the knockout stage.

Now to the rules:

1. Like the actual Champions League, teams will be seeded for the draw so everyone will need to provide their rank from last year. They will also be seeded in the first part of the second round knockout stage, just like the CL. From there on, its open draw. I think seeding based on last year alone is the fairest way to do it as some people are playing longer than others.

2. The closing date for entries will be Sunday 11th January at 12 midnight.

3. If two teams are equal on points after the group stages, like the CL it goes to head to head record against each other (e.g. who won the most of their two games against each other). If both won one game against each other, then there'll be a final play off round in Gameweek 28. This will not go to aggregate scores between their two games.

4. From the second round onwards, games will be aggregate based over two gameweeks like the real CL.

5. For future rules we need, I will try to go with general consensus and what people want but if agreement can't be reached then the mods (FutureGuy and Nody) have final say, unless a decision directly involves them if they enter.

6. I can only fit in 64 teams in 16 groups of 4.

7. You need to post your entry below in the following format:

Boards name: Lemlin
    Team Name: Cavan Commandos
    Team id: 3266
    13/14 Ranking: 1557
    Amount of posts on FSA forum: 7,720

8. Now, to the interesting part, I need to cut entries at 64 posters. Therefore, the 64 users with the most posts on FSA will be entered. This is the fairest way IMO of ensuring that the forum regulars who interact the most are involved.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should I use my regular boards name or my current abomination :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Should I use my regular boards name or my current abomination :pac:

I wondered about the name! Explanation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any posters want to offer a prize for the winner, please feel free to pm me.

Next year I think we'll go for a €10 entry fee and then have prizes for winner etc.

dahat wrote: »
    I wondered about the name! Explanation please.

Auctioned it off for Santa Strike Force, will change it back at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think you need to clarify in thread if it's 12/13 or 13/14 before too many people post for it to be changed easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone interested in a tenner a man last longest side? Whoever is the last team standing in the comp scoops the pot. If say 2 or more are the last standing and knocked out in the same round then the pot is split

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Could someone tell me my number of posts on here pls, don't think o can see it on the mobile site

KevIRL wrote: »
    Could someone tell me my number of posts on here pls, don't think o can see it on the mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

People posting their 12/13 rank you start on minus points in the group stage!

Anyone interested in a tenner a man last longest side? Whoever is the last team standing in the comp scoops the pot. If say 2 or more are the last standing and knocked out in the same round then the pot is split

Yeh i'm in. Happy to do more if only a few people show interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hope I make the 64 team cut; I'm sure to be in Pot 4 based on last year's ranking :o

Hope I make the 64 team cut; I'm sure to be in Pot 4 based on last year's ranking :o

Yeh be interesting to see the cut off point. I hope you make it by a huge margin seeing as I am 600 posts behind you! Might get very involved posting the next few days and update my number if its looking close!!

I'll be struggling to qualify going by the post numbers so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If things are looking bleak for my post count, I may have to put in every small detail in the match-day thread.

Corner Chelsea,

Burnley throw in

Free Kick spurs

etc...

:pac:

CSF wrote: »
    Think you need to clarify in thread if it's 12/13 or 13/14 before too many people post for it to be changed easily

I've already edited the original post to 13/14. My bad for copying and pasting from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Wrong thread, post edited

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I will go for this as well but obviously subject to me getting in in the first place as post count here will be low compared to a lot of others!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm just astounded that I only have 300 odd posts in the forum! It's pretty much the only place where I post nowadays!

18 entrants so far. Average finishing position last year is 130,843 and average post count in FSA is 2212.

Lemlin wrote: »
    18 entrants so far. Average finishing position last year is 130,843 and average post count in FSA is 2212.

How many applied last?

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    How many applied last?

There'll be 64 entrants.
    16 groups of 4.

Lemlin wrote: »
    There'll be 64 entrants.
    16 groups of 4.

Was it just the first 64 to out their names down last year?

Was it just the first 64 to out their names down last year?

Yep, it was the first 64 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

I'd like to be back to retain my title (after my hard work winning it last year!) but I don't think I'll get in based on my low number of posts. How do I check my exact number? Could an exception be made for the reigning champion??? If not, no hassle

Boots234 wrote: »
    I'd like to be back to retain my title (after my hard work winning it last year!) but I don't think I'll get in based on my low number of posts. How do I check my exact number? Could an exception be made for the reigning champion??? If not, no hassle

I actually meant to add that and have now:

"Please note that the current champion Boots234 is exempt from the post count rule as the current champion must be given the chance to defend their title".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How do you find your number of post on this forum as opposed to on boards.

I'm fairly sure the numbers are identical in my case, however just want to check....

Also, didn't know you could change the boards name on your account! How do you do that?

When I first registered here last year I just fired in the first thing that came into my head as I didn't really expect to be hanging around! Didn't use any of the regular 'handles' I'd be used to using on forums over the years, still can't get used to 'being' FHFC but didn't want to start all over again! :)

FHFC wrote: »
    How do you find your number of post on this forum as opposed to on boards.

I'm fairly sure the numbers are identical in my case, however just want to check....

Also, didn't know you could change the boards name on your account! How do you do that?

When I first registered here last year I just fired in the first thing that came into my head as I didn't really expect to be hanging around! Didn't use any of the regular 'handles' I'd be used to using on forums over the years, still can't get used to 'being' FHFC but didn't want to start all over again! :)

Amazingly it looks like you have only ever posted in FSA so 3564 is your count!

Click on your SN on the top left and click statistics then find all posts by "your SN" and it will list the forums you use by numbers of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Amazingly it looks like you have only ever posted in FSA so 3564 is your count!

I did a search forum for my posts if thats how yis were doing it and I got 3563, I must have posted once somewhere else. No idea where! :D

I'm nothin if not loyal!

FHFC wrote: »
    I did a search forum for my posts if thats how yis were doing it and I got 3563, I must have posted once somewhere else. No idea where! :D

I'm nothin if not loyal!

I think the post you made asking wasn't included or something maybe? Or maybe you made one post in one those dodgy forums and it doesn't count them!!

• Advertisement

It can sometimes take a bit for posts to show up in search, if you searched right after making a post you probably missed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement