Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting guest specific gift.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Delighted to hear things are going so well for ye guys!!
    Best of luck with the new little one!! :)

And btw thank you so much for THE best thread of all time!!!

Thank you :)

It's not me you should be thanking it's all of the great posters here! I only told you guys what was happening. Everybody else made this thread hilarious . :pac: I know that I've definitely had a lot of fun here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

They're not! It's a fake one on a track, is it not?

Yes they're fake! Coursing is the 'sport' with live ones.

(I was following this thread from the start, but feel compelled to answer this :P)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Romance, betrayal, plot twists, and greyhounds!

Best thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Oryx wrote: »

Best thread ever.

Has it made it to the official Boards Best Thread Ever list yet? If not, what are you mods doing all day????? :eek:

And if there isn't an official Boards Best Thread Ever list at all, WHAT are you doing all day????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Oryx wrote: »

Best thread ever.

Eh, what about cake....

The only other thing that could have improved upon this thread is bacon.

• Advertisement

Frynge wrote: »
    Eh, what about cake....

The only other thing that could have improved upon this thread is bacon.

The horror! I'm vegan! Although cg is partial to a fry up every now and then. And by that I mean every Sunday morning without fail :pac: he even bakes himself some fresh batch loaf for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Kovu wrote: »
    Yes they're fake! Coursing is the 'sport' with live ones.

(I was following this thread from the start, but feel compelled to answer this :P)

yeah, I heard they won't chase it any more if they catch it - since it's fake then the game is up!

Great thread, have been following it from the start. Looking forward to any CG as well as the other crazy couple's baby shower gift-request updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lau2976 wrote: »
    :pac: he even bakes himself some fresh batch loaf for it.

OOh recipe :confused::confused::confused:

Dovies wrote: »
    OOh recipe :confused::confused::confused:

I've no clue :pac: he makes them in an industrial kitchen so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? I've never seen him bake them at home anyway and I think he said something about having to go there to make them on a Sunday.

Maybe someone with more baking knowledge then me (which would be any knowledge!) can clarify?

Googled it there and found this thread on it: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055343093/1/#post62509971

Hope this helps and sorry if cross posting isn't allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Has it made it to the official Boards Best Thread Ever list yet? If not, what are you mods doing all day????? :eek:

And if there isn't an official Boards Best Thread Ever list at all, WHAT are you doing all day????? :D

There is a list but this thread isn't on it :( Wonder how that can be changed?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792927&page=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

kitten_k wrote: »
    There is a list but this thread isn't on it :( Wonder how that can be changed?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792927&page=1

Well done k_k. Knew there was one somewhere - it is where I discovered Trent, the Legend.

This thread definitely belongs in there.

Mods, make it so! (pretty please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

My emotions over the last few hours:

roller-coaster-hi.png

What a gift to the internet, Lau and CG may you live in happiness for the rest of your lives, eating delicious loaves of bread and painting decadent oil paintings of stand mixers to hang about your home.

Please invite us all to your future nuptials. :D

Or....AIBU with that request? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I for one think we should have a great boards bidding war for a seat at their non existent wedding.

tba wrote: »
    I for one think we should have a great boards bidding war for a seat at their non existent wedding.

A plus one costs double!

A plus one costs double!

If you are seriously considering the prospect of inviting boardsies to any possible future wedding, and I wouldn't be against it, you will need to plan for the amount of stand mixers, children's bikes, cupcakes and portraits you will receive.

I personally would gift you a painting of a cake in the shape of a stand mixer balanced in a children's bike.

In fact I think I'm going to commission that painting anyway.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Frynge wrote: »
    In fact I think I'm going to commission that painting anyway.

It could become the OP's new coat of arms with Cake Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

hmmm wrote: »
    How about a bad portrait of them sitting beside a stand mixer. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you wanted a stand mixer in the portrait? Yes I know it sounded ridiculous, but so did the suggestion I buy a stand mixer."

In reality, for an easier life you should do nothing except decline the invitation. If they want to sit for a portrait, do some rough sketches and then never send them a finished article. What are they going to do, rubbish you to who-ever of their friends are left? One of the nice things about growing older is realising that cutting out so-called friends who bring nothing but unhappiness is possible, and good for you.

either side of the stand mixer, arms around it like it were their child.. a family portrait

crying at that image

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: I think this thread has long run its course! To save it from being bumped every 6 months, I'm going to lock it. If the OP needs it reopened, she can PM Toots or I.

So this is an update I was adamant I wouldn’t be giving…

Me and Cakeguy are getting married!

We’re having an autumn wedding and it’s going to be small, only about 40. So unfortunately no boardsie section. Although he says the ‘internet weirdos’ who got us together will be mentioned in his speech/vows so y’all will get an honourable mention and be there in spirit I’m sure.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the congratulations in the other thread. :o And thank you toots for re-opening so I could update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah come on stop! That's amazing congratulations!

Wishing you many years of happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ah go way!! That’s great news! Loved this thread!!

Huge congrats to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

We’re having an autumn wedding and it’s going to be small, only about 40. So unfortunately no boardsie section. Although he says the ‘internet weirdos’ who got us together will be mentioned in his speech/vows so y’all will get an honourable mention and be there in spirit I’m sure.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the congratulations in the other thread. :o And thank you toots for re-opening so I could update.

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ DO YOU NEED A CEREMONY SINGER?!! I'll do it for freeeee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Defo need a live feed this wedding!! If even just for the speeches - Really delighted for you guys - who would have thought a thread like that would lead to your own wedding?! Are you having a present wish list ? :p:D oooh and who is making the cake :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

A 100 pages later and this is a lovely outcome for such a crazy thread.
    Congratulations! Hope you've a wonderful wedding..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Congratulations - could we all pitch in and buy you a stand mixer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Massive congratulations to you both. Are you inviting the nightmare couple to your big day? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Congrats to you and cupcake guy ... ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I can't believe how happy a story on boards makes me . Wishing you all the happiness in the world .

I think you should name your tables after forums on boards 😂😂

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

congratulations, can't believe how much this is making me smile!
    absolutely delighted for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations!! So... do ye have a gift registry? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement