Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting guest specific gift.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Hey guys so thought id give what I'm guessing ( and hoping! ) will be the final update. They got back together a couple of months ago and are having another baby together. She "couldn't be happier" and according to her mother he's taken to being a perfect father and husband. I don't know how true her claim is as I've avoided them both as much as possible but from what I've witnessed in the past he wasn't the best partner for her, and she wasn't for him. Obviously I don't know how either of them feel in depthly but she would often talk about being with him for their son and he would talk about marrying her to shut her up. But maybe that's just their sense of humour?

Either way I hope they aren't toxic for their son and the new baby. She stopped blanking her mother a while ago too after her mother apologized to her.

Thanks for all the laughs in this thread!

This can't be the last update!!! What about cake guy???!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh this won't be the last update! Mark my words, there'll be a vow renewal after the new sprog arrives.

Toots wrote: »
    Oh this won't be the last update! Mark my words, there'll be a vow renewal after the new sprog arrives.

.... With more gift requests....

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sligo1 wrote: »
    .... With more gift requests....

Absolutely! That kid is going to need a new bike at least, and probably a college fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

The only reason I came here was to get an update on cake guy!!!!
    Now I just feel kind of sad! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We have been betrayed ....no mention of CG in the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I know it's light-hearted, but is no one else a little uncomfortable with the subtle pressure on the OP about her relationship with Cake Guy? :o

Wait for it... I'm going to get some more popcorn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Actually saw a cheap stand mixer in Aldi the other day, laughed really hard and had to explain the thread here to my perplexed OH :pac:

Eeden wrote: »
    I know it's light-hearted, but is no one else a little uncomfortable with the subtle pressure on the OP about her relationship with Cake Guy? :o

.....nope!

I mean, it's a bit of fun and it's just the internet! If the OP is uncomfortable she'll just not post again. It's not like this is 4chan or something and we're going to turn up at her place of work, kidnap her and make them elope! :P (That's how 4chan works right??) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Every single time I see a stand mixer, I think of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Can't wait to hear about the babyshower gift list!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

.....nope!

I mean, it's a bit of fun and it's just the internet! If the OP is uncomfortable she'll just not post again. It's not like this is 4chan or something and we're going to turn up at her place of work, kidnap her and make them elope! :P (That's how 4chan works right??) :pac:

No, I get it. It's just something I wouldn't like myself I guess ... Like going to family gatherings and always being asked about your love life. Fair enough, You're right. Lau could just bail out of here if she didn't like it :)

No, I get it. It's just something I wouldn't like myself I guess ... Like going to family gatherings and always being asked about your love life. Fair enough, You're right. Lau could just bail out of here if she didn't like it :)

Of course, if she came here and explicitly said please don't mention this again a lot of the teasing would die down. It tends to be a pretty nice bunch in this corner of boards. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Very much so, tbh. It makes me really uncomfortable, even though I know it's well intentioned.

Hey guys so thought id give what I'm guessing ( and hoping! ) will be the final update. They got back together a couple of months ago and are having another baby together. She "couldn't be happier" and according to her mother he's taken to being a perfect father and husband. I don't know how true her claim is as I've avoided them both as much as possible but from what I've witnessed in the past he wasn't the best partner for her, and she wasn't for him. Obviously I don't know how either of them feel in depthly but she would often talk about being with him for their son and he would talk about marrying her to shut her up. But maybe that's just their sense of humour?

Either way I hope they aren't toxic for their son and the new baby. She stopped blanking her mother a while ago too after her mother apologized to her.

Thanks for all the laughs in this thread!

When the requested gift list for the baby shower/christening arrives, please let us know, or maybe start a new thread? Any ideas of what it might contain?

20 Dozen Cupcakes with babys ultrasound image on
    Portrait of baby
    Pram like the one Kate wheeled Charlotte to the Christening in
    Bespoke Christening shawl
    Pandora bracelet

Just to start the list off! Feel free to add a few

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

It's a stand mixer. I barely even know what that is let alone what type to buy :O

I'm an artist and have arranged to do a portrait for them for their wedding already so I pretty much can't afford to attend now since, the prices that I've seen, il be spending €500 on a mixer if I do.

€44.95 from Aldi

W10_PD_Sunday_New_UK_91018dc712.jpg

3 year warranty & generally good kit. Get the white one. Cheaper than giving money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Thanks for the concern guys :)

I only see it as a bit of fun :) if it were on another forum such as after hours I probably wouldnt! but you guys are so light hearted here.

Theres no real update on me and cg. Were still together and have had a great few months (minus some issues with him hogging all the bed space and being a human furnace! ) and were thinking of adopting a new dog together to add to our collective brood of 4. :pac:

I only see it as a bit of fun :) if it were on another forum such as after hours I probably wouldnt! but you guys are so light hearted here.

Theres no real update on me and cg. Were still together and have had a great few months (minus some issues with him hogging all the bed space and being a human furnace! ) and were thinking of adopting a new dog together to add to our collective brood of 4. :pac:

Sigh..... I just love you guys. So awfully sweet in this hard, cruel World.

I wish ye every happiness in your joint adoption. May I recommend a greyhound? I've got one and she's a total lazy darling and great with other dogs!

Sigh..... I just love you guys. So awfully sweet in this hard, cruel World.

I wish ye every happiness in your joint adoption. May I recommend a greyhound? I've got one and she's a total lazy darling and great with other dogs!

Awh your gonna make me blush! :o

Thank you :) I'm definitley going to pitch a greyhound! I've always wanted one but didn't have enough space for a larger dog to be happy, we have more space now so it might be a good time to finally get one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thank you :) I'm definitley going to pitch a greyhound! I've always wanted one but didn't have enough space for a larger dog to be happy, we have more space now so it might be a good time to finally get one! :D
    Ya won't need more space with a greyhound, however you will have to give up a sofa.

They are the most slothlike dogs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Sooo Lau... Ya know, if you & Cake Guy ever need a Solemniser..... :D:D

You won't need much room for a greyhound! They'll just squeeze between you on the couch! We had 2 at one time and they both curled up on the one armchair! I took a photo, it was so cute. If I can find it, I'l post it!

fannymagee wrote: »
    Sooo Lau... Ya know, if you & Cake Guy ever need a Solemniser..... :D:D

And witnesses, guests, lunatics, etc, etc........

I'll be sure to think of you's when arranging my non existent wedding :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Stheno wrote: »
    Ya won't need more space with a greyhound, however you will have to give up a sofa.

They are the most slothlike dogs ever.

She will also need a healthy supply of live rabbits.....they like chasing them around a track for some reason:cool:

She will also need a healthy supply of live rabbits.....they like chasing them around a track for some reason:cool:

Really?! Thought they weren't live! My lady takes no notice of any wildlife we see on our walks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'll happily pitch in for a stand mixer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Really?! Thought they weren't live! My lady takes no notice of any wildlife we see on our walks!

They're not! It's a fake one on a track, is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Delighted to hear things are going so well for ye guys!!
    Best of luck with the new little one!! :)

And btw thank you so much for THE best thread of all time!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement