Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting guest specific gift.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

You said you and cake guy wouldn't get together and look what happened ��

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys please don't discuss threads from the Personal Issues forum either here or elsewhere on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Eeekkk I was the first one to forsee the romance initaially so I definitely deserve an invite to any future nuptials! :D I might even buy ye the stand mixer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Just found the wedding forum. I'm not getting married or anything.

I read this thread, all pages and had the best laugh at all of it... Mrs and Mr "ignorant and rude" is well ignorant and rude. Estimating people's gifts and how much they were worth. They would lose out on re-selling. Can't believe they were going to sell their kids bike!!! He probably already had one but they needed a profit and the kid didn't get an invite to the wedding. But he was so important to them to be included on the gift list.

If originally 160 people were invited multiply by €250 = €40,000... People often refuse, that's expected... At one time half of the people declined their invites... So even at half thats €20,000... And by the time the wedding came around 20 people showed up to the church... One person said they couldn't afford their gift that was picked... Just what kind of gifts were these people picking?

They done their maths and the poor kid couldn't get a few chips and chicken nuggets on their day. He's not in any family photos. When he's older, he will realise that his parents got married when he was five years old and he was left out. That's lousy. He probably not earning enough though and he would have costed them money for the day.

I hope it was worth it for them and losing so many of their friends. For one day. I hope it makes them happy for the rest of their lives.

But so happy for the happy ending for Lau and cake guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

So they have officially split up.

She moved back in with her parents and he's at home with their son.

She posted this long facebook post about not having any real friends and him not deserving him and never giving her the attention she deserved and how she hoped his whole family could see the post so that tye could see how horrible he was was.

He posted about leaving the states to be with a woman who he's always lived but is indifferent to him and only wants him so she has a ring in her finger for their kid.

It is a little sad that theyvd split up as they have a son together but according to her mother they've been toxic for each other for a while so it's probably better for him in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Seems they really weren't suited, except in their brassness... sorry for them that they split up, well, more for their son.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am NOT surprised. I feel sorry for their son but I have to say I LOL'd!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I figured that the next instalment would see them either ostentatiously renew their vows or have a baby shower worthy of the Kardashians, but I think it might actually be another wedding at some point. Bigger and better obviously to show off to that ex of hers that she did better.

I'll keep following this thread so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You couldn't make this stuff up!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Are they going to give back all their presents? They definitely know who gave them what since they requested them all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

That poor kid. I feel like I want to adopt him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I wonder would a new bike help the kid get over the break up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hope you and cake guy are doing well Lau!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Apparently divorce parties are a thing these days...... So she might get her stand mixer after all! Also she'd probably have more friends if she didn't go demanding stuff with menace from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

They aren't even married a year - blimey! Cant believe this thread started nearly a year ago ! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's a shame, feel sorry for the poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Wow after all that fuss about the wedding and guests and presents and the marriage only lasts a few months!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Wow after all that fuss about the wedding and guests and presents and the marriage only lasts a few months!

Sounds like she wanted the wedding but not the marriage.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Toots wrote: »

I know a few women like that. I've seen the fallout and the destruction it can do to not just the couple but their children caught in the cross fire and the wider family too. All for a fcuking day out and usually on someone else's money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

See now the toll that not having a stand mixer can take on a marriage?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Toots wrote: »

And what was his excuse? 😁

CaraMay wrote: »
    And what was his excuse? ðŸ˜

He wanted to win the Great British Bake Off, and saw the wedding as a way to get the stand mixer he needed in order to realise his dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

This is the thread that just keeps on giving...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ah it's sad, a kid is involved. His mum has left and its not funny. That poor kid must be so confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm not sure the comments made are even remotely funny( though I did smile)

I've little sympathy for them but the poor kid is caught in the crossfire of it.
    Not sure a new bike will cut it. I'm sure he'd rather have his parents.

On a side note - I was disgusted that having seen the notification email that it wasn't Lau telling us she's engaged to cake guy.
    Come on guys we need a new epic thread :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Well! Not even made it to the year mark, jeeze. The woman's priorities are totally skewed. Poor kid :( such a horrible mess for them all to find themselves in, they must have had an awful few months with none of the newly wedded bliss that goes with being married.

But...

Lau....

The cake guy? Your updates are exactly as important as updates about the bride... Perhaps even more so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Well! Not even made it to the year mark, jeeze. The woman's priorities are totally skewed. Poor kid :( such a horrible mess for them all to find themselves in, they must have had an awful few months with none of the newly wedded bliss that goes with being married.

But...

Lau....

The cake guy? Your updates are exactly as important as updates about the bride... Perhaps even more so :P

There's no update to give! We moved in together a while ago and that's it :) still happy to be stuck with me (I hope!) and I'm happily being plumped up by his food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Well the moving in together is an update to me... Maybe i missed that post... Yay :D congrats to you both :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

On a side note - I was disgusted that having seen the notification email that it wasn't Lau telling us she's engaged to cake guy.
    Come on guys we need a new epic thread :):)
    If Lau and Cake Guy get married we should all chip in and get them a stand mixer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'm sure Cake Guy has his own stand mixer now to be fair!
    But yes, I also wanted the update to be an engagement :(
    No hurry Lau but make sure to tell us if it happens!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement