Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting guest specific gift.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

polydactyl wrote: »
    Ah the wedding forums crazies, I love them!

Some favs I remember : melt down because the wedding car colour "was off white not white" and would "clash with her dress and ruin everything"

Melt down because her sister would not fly home from Australia for her hen two months before the wedding.... Couldn't grasp the concept of cost.

The lady who had her hotel reserved and booklets made up and dress picked but not ordered......she was single!!!!!

I am off to tell sister and friend we need to do it again, not a bridezilla moment between us.... Where did we go wrong!!!

:eek: are you serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Thud wrote: »
    YABOS

wtf EWCM?? :eek: what website needs an acronym for that

http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

I'm more concerned with why they need an acronym for 'The Secret Service Does Not Comment On Procedure'.

Wtf, mumsnet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Thud wrote:
    wtf EWCM??  what website needs an acronym for that

it's used by people who are TTC- trying to conceive!! Usually by the time you get to that stage you have been trying for a very long time... it's used as an indicator of fertility or ovulation, something like that

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thud wrote: »
    YABOS

wtf EWCM?? :eek: what website needs an acronym for that

http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

Ew! Really though, it's a pretty poor state of affairs when your website needs a translation guide!

I know on the parenting forum here, they don't let people use DD/DS/DH etc, because it confuses people.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

honey79 wrote: »
    :eek: are you serious

I unfortunately am....she was an active member but people started getting suspicious when she never mentioned a date and then she used the same username on other sites in threads about "looking for love" and people figured it out....

When asked was she crazy and what did she think a guy would think of that her reply before disappearing was " if he is the right one he will be ok with it".....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I unfortunately am....she was an active member but people started getting suspicious when she never mentioned a date and then she used the same username on other sites in threads about "looking for love" and people figured it out....

When asked was she crazy and what did she think a guy would think of that her reply before disappearing was " if he is the right one he will be ok with it".....:rolleyes:

That's actually very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭ronjo

Toots wrote: »
    Ew! Really though, it's a pretty poor state of affairs when your website needs a translation guide!

I know on the parenting forum here, they don't let people use DD/DS/DH etc, because it confuses people.

To be honest I dont think it really confuses people, its just really really annoying..... well to me anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The DD/DH etc annoys the proverbial sh*te out of me. If someone uses them in any of my forums, I immediately assume that they are 4 years old and must be spoken to clearly and slowly*.

*Apologies if you do use them, they really do bug me.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ronjo wrote: »
    To be honest I dont think it really confuses people, its just really really annoying..... well to me anyway :)

I find it really annoying too!! Stuff like OH, MIL, SIL etc are fine, because you'd use the terms 'other half' 'mother in law' etc on a day to day basis.

DS, DD & DH really get on my wick though. I mean who uses those? Imagine you went around every day saying things like "my darling son is starting school this year", "my darling husband loves to watch soccer" "my darling daughter's favourite food is spaghetti"! You'd end up with no friends because people would be able to stop vomiting from listening to that constantly! Or else they'd end up diabetic. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I find it really annoying too!! Stuff like OH, MIL, SIL etc are fine, because you'd use the terms 'other half' 'mother in law' etc on a day to day basis.

DS, DD & DH really get on my wick though. I mean who uses those? Imagine you went around every day saying things like "my darling son is starting school this year", "my darling husband loves to watch soccer" "my darling daughter's favourite food is spaghetti"! You'd end up with no friends because people would be able to stop vomiting from listening to that constantly! Or else they'd end up diabetic. :pac:

Hahaha... Was just about to say this! "Darling son!!".... Puke!

• Advertisement

.... And "darling husband".... Puke even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sligo1 wrote: »
    .... And "darling husband".... Puke even more!

It's usually more along the lines of "that fecking eejit"

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

dudara wrote: »

Dear Boardsies, my TFE and I...

Lol. Precisely!

I always imagine someone rolling their eyes when they say DH or DS, etc. I just can't even process the idea of someone being serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭ronjo

I have never seen DW so at the risk of starting a gender war is this exclusive to ladies? :D

ronjo wrote: »
    I have never seen DW so at the risk of starting a gender war is this exclusive to ladies? :D

It's coz men have more sense then to be posting on those forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

About that mumsnet rant, I was wondering why the other bridesmaids, who are also having to spend so much cash, are not up in arms with the OP? Clearly everyone replying to the thread thinks that the demands are unreasonable.

Then it occurred to me that the other bridesmaids might be planning on getting married soon too, and are taking notes on what to do from that bridezilla. :eek:

About that mumsnet rant, I was wondering why the other bridesmaids, who are also having to spend so much cash, are not up in arms with the OP? Clearly everyone replying to the thread thinks that the demands are unreasonable.

Then it occurred to me that the other bridesmaids might be planning on getting married soon too, and are taking notes on what to do from that bridezilla. :eek:

What I actually thought when reading it was bet she is not asking the other bridesmaids to pay as much just the two soft touches

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

neris wrote: »
    Now thats organised. Relations of mine have just received an invitation on Friday to wedding in Australia in March this year (2015, 6 weekish from now)

I dont feel thats fair. Organising flights, time off, babysitters, budget. You need time. If nothing else just to figure out if its possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You write DH, I read Dick Head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Back OT. I really hope the OP comes back to update us all. It would be cruel to leave this thread hanging (Forgive the pun!). In the update she must tell us the following:

1. Did she go? Y/N
    2. Did she tell the lovely couple where to put their portrait? Y/N
    3. Ditto stand mixer...
    4. How many guests?
    5. Did they get their cake? Did the cake have Epsom Salts/Ex Lax (delete as appropriate)
    6. Did their ickle darling get his bike?
    7. How many people wanted to give the couple a dry slap.

:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Back OT. I really hope the OP comes back to update us all. It would be cruel to leave this thread hanging (Forgive the pun!). In the update she must tell us the following:

1. Did she go? Y/N
    2. Did she tell the lovely couple where to put their portrait? Y/N
    3. Ditto stand mixer...
    4. How many guests?
    5. Did they get their cake? Did the cake have Epsom Salts/Ex Lax (delete as appropriate)
    6. Did their ickle darling get his bike?
    7. How many people wanted to give the couple a dry slap.

:pac:

We Will be waiting wedding is not till March I think

Let's just hope that everyone behaves themselves so that the thread doesn't get locked! I think I'm only able to handle one 'bridesmaidgate' per year!

Let's just hope that everyone behaves themselves so that the thread doesn't get locked! I think I'm only able to handle one 'bridesmaidgate' per year!

Sure isn't it a new calendar year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I will give updates as they come if yous want! I thought this would be somewhere for me to vent not for peoples entertainment :pac:

My parents see a major issue, more so my dad then my mam, but nothing to fall out with friends over. She is major pee-ved about the portrait though and I know she's had some choice words with both the brode and her mother! Although I haven't gotten the details about the bride quite yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Dolbert wrote: »
    You write DH, I read Dick Head :D

Too true. Best of all GP used to have me wondering why the doctor was involved... Grandparent...of course :D

Anyway, I will leave it there. Don't want to raise Toots blood pressure any further ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I think LO is the worst personally "loved offspring" like seriously???

Also honey79 that whole thing was very sad. I know a few ppl reached out to her but again it was a stranger on the internet so no idea what happened. I hope she has found the man who didn't think all that was nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My god that other thread is just mental! Some brides really do lose the run of themselves don't they!

I was a bridesmaid last year and I don't think I spent a single penny on anything. I had to travel one day to get trial hair and make up with the bride and other bm and the bride even covered my petrol cost, I told her I didn't mind and she insisted. Things like that are so thoughtful. She paid for everything for us, and when it came her her hen we suggested everyone bring a small gift for her that would be sentimental and mean something and she said absolutely no way, she was insistent that nobody bring gifts to the hen.

She even brought us back presents from her honeymoon as well as a lovely bracelet on the day. We were thanked first in the speeches and she spent more time dancing with us and having the craic than with her hubby!! That's what it should be about in my opinion. I get that it's an important and significant day but my god people are just relentless and don't know when to stop.

• Advertisement

I think LO is the worst personally "loved offspring" like seriously

Omg!!! Is that what LO means???! I use that all the time... I thought it just meant "little one"! Never again. Excuse me while I go and edit every post I've ever made on boards....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement