Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub Comps 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Cill Dara beat Waterford to reach prov towns final great achievement if we can win this two years in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

ILGU Mid-Leinster Junior Cup Semi-final
    Birr v Tullamore in the Heritage.
    Winners Birr :):)

I'm one very happy golfer this morning, waking up knowing we are in the district final :) We had a great match yesterday winning one game on 18, and two on 17 with the other two games on 19 and 18 when called in.

I was last out for our team and got off to a great start and was 2up after 2. Played some really good golf tee to green but because the course was so busy yesterday I got no chipping practise in before the match and it was very obvious as my distance control even with the short chips was very poor. Thankfully my opponent was having an off day in and around the greens too.

From the 3rd hole on our game was very up and down but I managed to do enough to remain at least 1up throughout.

One of the big turning points for me was on 10, a par 5, i was one up and hit a cracker of a drive down the middle, opponent layed up infront of bunkers leaving 100+yard into green, i was 168m from the middle and said to myself i'd nothing to loose so took out the 4hybrid and let it rip and landed right in the middle of the green, took my two putts for birdie to go 2up and my confidence got a huge lift too.

Was back to only 1up after making a balls of 9i into tough 16th green and loosing the hole but thankfully a good 8i to the front of the green on 17 and 2putts was enough to win the hole, and my match and for an overall team win!!

Cant wait until the 29th of August now, playing enniscorthy or new ross in the district final in Tullamore. We have a great advantage as tullamore is only 30mins away from us, we all know it very will, in fact 2/5 of us have country membership there. The fact we can sleep in our own beds and all the night before will make a difference too.

This is my first major win in golf and would nearly go as far as saying it was as good as winning the senior camogie county final for the first time ever last year!! (If you know me you'd know how big that is) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Ballykisteen reached the Munster semi-final of the Jimmy Bruen for the first time ever on Sunday and won 4-1 against Lee Valley to get to the Munster final. However a defeat to Ballybunion on the same score was to be their lot in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ballyk wrote: »
    Ballykisteen reached the Munster semi-final of the Jimmy Bruen for the first time ever on Sunday and won 4-1 against Lee Valley to get to the Munster final. However a defeat to Ballybunion on the same score was to be their lot in the final.

Still a great achievement Ballyk. Were you on the team yourself ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Irish Junior Cup North Munster final ... Woodstock lost to Limerick yesterday in Dromoland GC 3.5 - 1.5. Good match. Good young team from Limerick. Interesting to see how they go from here.

• Advertisement

Myksyk wrote: »
    Irish Junior Cup North Munster final ... Woodstock lost to Limerick yesterday in Dromoland GC 3.5 - 1.5. Good match. Good young team from Limerick. Interesting to see how they go from here.

Limerick are well set in the Senior Cup as well, arent they ? Is there any overlap in the two teams do you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Cill Dara beat Waterford to reach prov towns final great achievement if we can win this two years in a row

Lost 3-2 to Naas on Sunday in Leinster quarter finals of Jimmy Bruen. Very tight match that went to the 18th. One putt decided it. Great performance by the Cill Dara lads.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Rikand wrote: »
    Limerick are well set in the Senior Cup as well, arent they ? Is there any overlap in the two teams do you know ?

Don't know to tbh. I know nearly all the team are off 4 or less so could well have representatives on the Snr Cup team. Definitely one lad off 2.

Still a great achievement Ballyk. Were you on the team yourself ?

It was a great achievement Rikand considering we are a small club with very few single figure golfers. I wasn't involved myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

mafc wrote: »
    Lost 3-2 to Naas on Sunday in Leinster quarter finals of Jimmy Bruen. Very tight match that went to the 18th. One putt decided it. Great performance by the Cill Dara lads.
    Hard luck, A what a season for Cill Dara, good luck in the Prov Towns final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Jimmy bruen connacht final to be played tomorrow between castlebar and galway bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Gort win pierce purcell in connacht and castlebar win the jimmy bruen

TLOA72 wrote: »
    Gort win pierce purcell in connacht and castlebar win the jimmy bruen

Westport win the Junior Cup.

Westport beat us in the Semi-Final. They've a serious team. Half the team were on their Senior Cup team who were also excellent.

Tuam win the Kenny Cup

Senior cup provincial finals for ulster leinster and munster this weekend.

Limerick and monkstown into final in munster.

Leinster quarters were on this morning.
    Semis this afternoon are ::
    Dun laoire vs portmarnock
    Nuim vs Royal dublin

Ulster on tomorrow

Our own gorfield into the final of munster Barton shield again. Muskerry vs Shannon in final

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Our own gorfield into the final of munster Barton shield again. Muskerry vs Shannon in final
    And Muskerry scrape through, despite their big guns not firing;).

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Portmarnock bt Dun Laoghaire 3.5/1.5

N.U.I.M. bt The Royal Dublin 3.5/1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

And Muskerry scrape through, despite their big guns not firing;).

We have 4 big guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

We have 4 big guns.
    Thankfully for you, some are bigger than others:p.

• Advertisement

Good luck to our own Shaunac in the Ladies Junior Cup representin' Birr tomorrow ;)

Cill Dara lost to tullamore in prov towns final
    It was 9-9 after 2 legs we lost on the last putt of 3 hole play off
    Another good year for club in inter club
    On a personal note I won my 2 games in the final��

Rikand wrote:
    Good luck to our own Shaunac in the Ladies Junior Cup representin' Birr tomorrow

Ahh thanks Rikand!! Texts are starting to come in now and nerves kicking in!! Hoping my game clicks tomorrow and we'll be well into the celebrations at this time tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Hard Lines C, great run again this year, it looks like we will have a decent squad ourselves for this next year would love us to get a run at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

We won the Uden Cup yesterday at Hollystown.. yipee... sore head this morning.

Sorry, Corrstown Golf Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mickelson

will you stay off 9 to play in prov towns next year or have you gone below 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wellpastit

9 is the lowest h,cap in Cill Dara

That all depends on how well I play

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Ahh thanks Rikand!! Texts are starting to come in now and nerves kicking in!! Hoping my game clicks tomorrow and we'll be well into the celebrations at this time tomorrow :)

How did it go?

• Advertisement

ballyk wrote:
    How did it go?

Don't ask!!

We got well bet but one positive I can take out of it is I played well and really enjoyed the occassion.

Level par through 5 and 4 up, going stead for whole front 9. Got to 9 a par 3 3 up and my birdie putt to win lipped out and unfortunately missed the putt back and instead of going 4up through 9 I was only 2up. Momentum swong and my game turned to ****e!! Proceded to loose the next 3 holes (4 in a row and found myself 1 down). Had a little chat with myself after blaring my 3rd chip in a row on 14 and then opponent found water on par 5 15, so I took full advantage and bombed one down the middle, she dropped about 280m from green and laid up to about 150m I took out the 3 metal and landed it on the green with maybe a 20ft putt and then we got called in!!! So in my head I would have won that hole, brough it back to all square and have gone on to play my favourite hole :) I was going to win I swear!! Down in other 4 games though so didn't make much of a difference

Advertisement