Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub Comps 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

How did the Leinster Barton Shielders go ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Rikand wrote: »
    How did the Leinster Barton Shielders go ? :)

Newbridge emerged victorious in Dunmurry Springs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Into last 8 prov towns Cill Dara beat Craddickstown today
    I was in a tough game but managed to win at home on 17
    Good run i am unbeaten at home in my 3rd year may my run continue and defend our title
    Unlucky Craddickstown and well done to our team

Galway, Westport, Galway Bay and Oughterard qualify for Barton Shield connaught semi finals in horrific conditions. Later starters got best of the day for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Good run i am unbeaten at home in my 3rd year may my run continue and defend our title
    Thats some record C, my money is you guys to retain it. Cill dara are very strong in the 9's 10's and 11 handicap range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Hacker111

Wicklow up next methinks..... did you win Leinster last year?

Galway win connaught Barton shield

Hacker111 wrote: »
    Wicklow up next methinks..... did you win Leinster last year?

Beat Enniscorthy in final prov towns but goes no further.
    Would of liked to beat the metro in a decider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Russman

Congrats to my own club Slade Valley for coming out of the stroke play qualifying in the Junior Cup and beating the hosts Edmondstown in the sectional semi final, hard luck on losing narrowly to Hermitage 3:2 in the final. Well done to Hermo.

Jimmy Bruen qualifiers at Craddockstown were Milicent 331 Blessington Lakes 337 Cill Dara 338 and Mount Wollesly338....Blessed Lakes v Cill Dara and Milicent V Mount Wolesley in the semi's at 8 bells in the morning.

• Advertisement

Jimmy Bruen qualifiers at Craddockstown were Milicent 331 Blessington Lakes 337 Cill Dara 338 and Mount Wollesly338....Blessed Lakes v Cill Dara and Milicent V Mount Wolesley in the semi's at 8 bells in the morning.

Looking forward to it tomorrow t time 8.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Home Advantage seems to have worked well for birr today.

316 Birr; 327 Rathdowney: 329 Tullamore; 334 Dunmurry Springs; 336 Mullingar; 338 The Heritage, Athy; 339 Carlow; 341 Mount Temple; 342 Portarlington, The Heath; 344 Esker Hills; 345 Castlecomer; 348 Moate; 354 Mountrath; 362 Abbeyleix

Sunday 14th June
    Semi-Finals
    8:00 am Birr v Dunmurry Springs

8:40 am Rathdowney v Tullamore

Looking forward to going out and following the boys tomorrow morning and hopefully afternoon too

Looking forward to it tomorrow t time 8.40
    Am after getting drafted in for the matchplay tomorrow can't wait.... whats the odds we will playing each other tomorrow eh 5/1 i reckon... we are up against it tomorrow but we will be fighting tooth n nail till the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

shaunac93 wrote:
    Home Advantage seems to have worked well for birr today.

Home advantage really paid off with Birr winning the last match on the 16th hole today :) on to the next round now!

We won our section jimmy bruen have to say blessington put it up to us a roll of a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

We won our section jimmy bruen have to say blessington put it up to us a roll of a ball

Great stuff Cill Dara on a winning streak with no less than 5 teams still going.

Well done to The Cill Dara boys, that is some squad you lads have there C The strenght througout all the handicap ranges in Cill Dara is awesome. If Carlsberg did interclub golf teams. There is a match report up on our website.

mafc wrote: »
    Great stuff Cill Dara on a winning streak with no less than 5 teams still going.
    I see a fundraising classic coming up keep it going lads, gonna need more picture frames.

I see a fundraising classic coming up keep it going lads, gonna need more picture frames.

u should never left

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Jimmy Bruen @ Castleknock today

Corrstown, Castleknock, Hollystown & Rathfarnham qualify.

Matchplay Next Sunday 21st in Castleknock

Corrstown v Rathfarnham
    Castleknock v Hollystown

• Advertisement

Cill Dara beat Dunmurry today in Barton Cup to reach last 8

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Junior Cup at Woodbrook today

Woodbrook beat Elm Park

Dun Laoghaire beat Powerscourt

Final:- Woodbrook beat Dun Laoghaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Jimmy Bruen @ Castleknock today

Corrstown, Castleknock, Hollystown & Rathfarnham qualify.

Matchplay Next Sunday 21st in Castleknock

Corrstown v Rathfarnham
    Castleknock v Hollystown

Hollystown came through this

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

AGC wrote: »
    Hollystown came through this

Hollystown Beat Rathfarnham 3 - 2

Athlone win the Connacht section of the Senior Cup in Rosses Point this weekend.

Qualifiers after strokeplay on Saturday were ::

Galway
    Athlone
    Westport
    Roscommon

Semi-Finals ::

Galway lost to Roscommon 1.5 - 3.5

Athlone beat Westport 4 - 1

Final ::

Roscommon lost to Athlone 1 - 4

We're absolutely over the moon to win in Athlone. I've been captain of the Barton SHield and Senior Cup for the last two years and this is something we've been working really hard towards for the entire time. We've had lads out practicing since March and it's all come good. Hard work and effort really does pay off.

Cant wait to get up to Carton House. Only 2 more matches and you never know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Congrats Rikand, Carton will be great!

Muskerry are still on track to retain the barton shield, we came out of the tough cork section yesterday, the golf was the best ive ever seen in barton shield.

Were off to Dungarvan in August fro the Munster Finals. Hopefully we get to Carton again!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Clare Area Junior Cup at Woodstock GC ...

Woodstock beat Dromoland and Lahinch to progress to play East Clare (who beat Shannon) in final this morning. Woodstock won 3-2 in a great match.

I had a bit of an epic match myself against Lahinch yesterday afternoon. I was 4 down after 12 but won the match on the 22nd. Lost on 18 today but was very happy how I played overall, he just played better to be fair.

We're due to play Limerick in the North Munster final in a couple of weeks.

Connacht Junior Cup Qualifiers were on the weekend and Athlone qualified out of our section, heading to the Connacht finals in August.

The teams to qualify for the Connacht finals are ::

North Zone ::

Castle Dargan
    Westport

South Zone ::

Loughrea
    Athlone

I didnt play in the strokeplay qualifier on Saturday ( THANK GOD AS IT LASHED ), but I was drafted in for the matchplay on Sunday and asking to play as the anchorman in the team, I won my match in the morning 4/3. I was never down in the match and had gotten to 5 up at one stage. Just played really good golf for the 15 holes. I was 3 over par on my own card.

In the afternoon I played anchorman again. I was 1up after 3, but a couple of slack holes saw me go 2 down after 10. I hit a poor enough tee shot on 11 but hit a superb 2nd shot that absolutely ignited my game and the match for me. My opponent was looking good to go 3 up after the tee shots, but I ended up winning the 11th and then I won 12 and 13 to go 1 up in the match. He brdied 14 to level it. I won 15 with a par and on 16 I was looking odds on favourite to go 2up. However, he holed out from off the green for a par and I rattled in my 15 footer for a par to stay 1 up. I parred the 17th then to close out my match and win 2/1.

The best thing about the whole match for Athlone though was that for the afternoon matches, a 13 year old from the club was drafted in. He was 2 down with 2 to play and won, 17,18 and 19 to win the match for us! Incredible. Apparently got up and down on 18 from an impossible position and then holed a tricky 5 footer on 19 to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sloggert

I was in athlone yday for matchplay, i saw the two athlone matches that went up 19th . The young lad holed a great 25 footer to extend match, and it was moving when the cup swallowed it. Well done. I was delighted for our own lads (Loughrea) , we havent had much luck in interclub matches the past few years so it was great to qualify for gort with a small group of players, they played well at weekend & look forward to Gort in afew weeks time. Hats off to Athlone GC, the course was in great shape, the staff in bar & restaurant were friendly & accommodating. The Guinness was top class also!!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers Loughrea. To be fair the Guinness is always good in athlone. I can barely tear myself away from it every Sunday.

Hope we meet in the final!

Advertisement