Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCUMULATORS

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Just post a picture of the cash. Simples !
    And the hookers obv.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Ok, guys, I've already posted regarding after timing and the importance of avoiding it, so can we get the thread back on topic again rather than wasting energy speculating on Khalifa's success or otherwise. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

It's possible. Most shops would have the capability to pay €3,000 winning bet on the day but it would depend on what time of day it would be (in terms of how content the manager would be that they can survive the rest of the day on what's left in the shop "float".

Also, yes there are timelocks but most systems that bookies use will notify the shop cashiers immediately upon system settlement anytime someone has won money part a certain threshold (let's say €300). So they have the capability to anticipate that they have a big pay out on their hands and thus, prepare the timelock.

I'm not saying Khalifa is telling the truth, just playing devil's advocate. :pac:

I'm aware of people being paid large amounts in cash, I worked in the industry for many many years.

My point is that he said he had to wait 15 mins to get paid & that an employee had to come back off their break. If they were aware he'd come in for his money then they'd have had the money on top of the insert, counted & ready, so when he came back in he would just be handed the money & there would be no hanging around for security reasons. Nobody wants to draw attention to the fact that a customer is waiting to be paid a large amount in cash - neither the staff or the customer want that. If the staff member was on her break & the money wasn't ready then he would have been 30 mins at least to be paid, not 15. I can assure you no shop in the country has more than €2k on the counter in this day & age. Anything over €2k needs to be gotten from the safe. The safe needs to be set, 20 mins later the money needs to be taken out, checked & then double checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,686 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

When I won 5000 at PP SHOP it took until later that evening to get paid.
    Had to arrange a time to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Back on the accumulators tomorrow

13.20 Ryeolliean 11/8
    15.55 Equita 5/1
    17.25 Dutch Uncle 5/2
    17.55 Heska 11/2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

No shop would currently hold €4k on the premises, except maybe briefly on the likes of Cheltenham were the cash is flooding in on the day. I remember recently a LAdbrokes being unable to payout €400, they needed to go to the bank. had to come back next day.

What chain made payout?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Paddy Power at about 5 o' clock last Sunday. My first time getting a big payout so wasn't sure what to expect but there was no problem. The probably would have taken a lot of money over the weekend

Advertisement