Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCUMULATORS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Each way?? One of the horses is a 1/8 shot. The bookies must love you

I fail to see how that matters, if they all place or better its still 10/1 on his total stake (20/1 on the place).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I love when things come to a swift resolution. Man posts about unsuccesful bets, is told he is wasting his time by everybody, man wins life changing money. All wrapped up in 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 35,685 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So he won. That is 232-1 right?
    I believe him/.

Would mixing an accumulator of 4 be a good thing.

1Z 2U 3Z 4Z 5H
    1R 2S 3R 4T 5R
    1P 2P 3D 4P 5O
    1B 2C 3Y 4B 5B

Something like that .

Gregk961 wrote: »
    I love when things come to a swift resolution. Man posts about unsuccesful bets, is told he is wasting his time by everybody, man wins life changing money. All wrapped up in 24 hours

Only in America

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

show us the docket. otherwise refer to the aftertiming sticky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

show us the docket. otherwise refer to the aftertiming sticky

Or in this case...Neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

If you back more than one horse in doubles/trebles the bookies love you.make an opinion on a horse and back it.that opinion might only be twice a month but that is what it takes.

I occasionally do accumulators and only do them if I am fairly confident in my selections.

No harm in them, have lost way more bets than I have won but well up overall as my stake reflects my confidence in the selection.

The worst bets have to be Luckys Yankees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

It does come up the odd time. The cash out with Betfair also helps with overall returns as can cash out one of your bets if you have a couple of legs up in a couple of accumulator bets and guarantee some form of return.

Although being honest the majority of the time there is a banker that lets u down. One rule of mine is to avoid putting any all weather runners in accumulators.

Was a neck away from another pay day today... But a neck is a neck so may as well have come last!

http://omg.wthax.org/7FJF92.jpg

So he won. That is 232-1 right?
    I believe him/.

Would mixing an accumulator of 4 be a good thing.

1Z 2U 3Z 4Z 5H
    1R 2S 3R 4T 5R
    1P 2P 3D 4P 5O
    1B 2C 3Y 4B 5B

Something like that .

Yeah, I do that a bit, pick out 3/4 I really like and 2/3 that I think have a good chance.

Got a new computer, used to have an excel sheet to work the combo.

I have a book somewhere in the attic with a whole load of different sytems, I will try dig out out if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Pure after timing either put up a picture of the docket or admit your talking sh!te.

Already cashed the docket. Had 15 each way on it. I don't really see a reason for me to lie. I picked out the horses yesterday and then after reading the comments about how you shouldn't put long odds on shots in, and looking into Pain Au Chocolat's form i just made a few adjustments. It was incredibly lucky the way it worked out because if Kalopsia had run I don't think he'd have beaten Sir Will, and Hold The Bucks looked beaten 3 out. Anyway gonna do a small bet tomorrow just for the interest.

12.55 New World 7/2
    13.00 Jalingo 8/13
    13.20 Dragon Tree 5/1
    15.30 One More Go 4/5
    15.40 Draco's Code 5/2

Each way of course just... in case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

The few posts from the guys who know what they are posting is so good rather the gutter posts by idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

what was the return?

What I mean is to pick 4 races 4 horse and play accumulator. Then to replace one horse with horse from same race and play another accumulator, it could be the 2nd favourite ,just in case the first failed.
    Then play another accumulator changing another horse with another from same race again.
    4 or 5 accumulators based on the 4 races.Different combos
    The odds are so big 300 plus that putting 15 on each is a small outlay considering.
    One might find some success with this in fields where top four generally win, chase racing.

what was the return?

Over 4k if his pants aren't on fire .

Returned €3,840.70. Would have been over 4k if I didn't take 9/2 about Hold The Bucks which won at 6/1.

Returned €3,840.70. Would have been over 4k if I didn't take 9/2 about Hold The Bucks which won at 6/1.

When I WIN, and I rarely back my picks I always take a pic of docket to post.
    I think you will find people are happy to see people win big.
    Shame you don't have pic.
    Congrats though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

according to Betcalculator.com, a €15 e/w accumulator at 8/11, 5/2, 9/2 & 6/1 pays between €3608 & €3639 depending on exact e/w terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Already cashed the docket. Had 15 each way on it. I don't really see a reason for me to lie. I picked out the horses yesterday and then after reading the comments about how you shouldn't put long odds on shots in, and looking into Pain Au Chocolat's form i just made a few adjustments. It was incredibly lucky the way it worked out because if Kalopsia had run I don't think he'd have beaten Sir Will, and Hold The Bucks looked beaten 3 out. Anyway gonna do a small bet tomorrow just for the interest.

12.55 New World 7/2
    13.00 Jalingo 8/13
    13.20 Dragon Tree 5/1
    15.30 One More Go 4/5
    15.40 Draco's Code 5/2

Each way of course just... in case

Is this online or in a bookies shop. Be very surprised if they handed over nearly 4k on the spot. I have had trouble trying to get out 1k a few times nevermind 4k in one go. Maybe it is common enough but not from my experience.

In a shop. The girl behind the desk made me wait 15 mins until her co-worker came back from her break, not sure why. But other than that no problems. €3,200 in 50s, the rest in 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

now you're just embarrassing yourself, stop try to pretend it happened, nobody believes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

In a shop. The girl behind the desk made me wait 15 mins until her co-worker came back from her break, not sure why. But other than that no problems. €3,200 in 50s, the rest in 20s.

I know why. She was dolling herself up out the back hoping you'd ask her on a date after she saw the large bulge in your trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Big pay out which has to be counted in front of a colleague, the colleague also has witness the handover. I hope ya left a nice tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Now I know you're lying. Every bookie shop in Ireland uses the same time locked safe. The safe takes 20 mins to open, money then needs to be checked & double checked. There's no way any shop in the country would have that money on a Sunday just lying around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Guys, just a reminder about aftertiming and that it shouldn't be done:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057167219

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭cjk photos

Hi I had yankee up about a year ago for 1800 and got it in cash

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Probably don't believe the horse changing, but the way he described getting the money was close to the same as me a couple of years back... Granted I had to wait closer to half an hour, but they paid me in full ...50's and 20's and actually a couple of 10's...
    ...Must note it wasn't horses but different sports...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Now I know you're lying. Every bookie shop in Ireland uses the same time locked safe. The safe takes 20 mins to open, money then needs to be checked & double checked. There's no way any shop in the country would have that money on a Sunday just lying around.

It's possible. Most shops would have the capability to pay €3,000 winning bet on the day but it would depend on what time of day it would be (in terms of how content the manager would be that they can survive the rest of the day on what's left in the shop "float".

Also, yes there are timelocks but most systems that bookies use will notify the shop cashiers immediately upon system settlement anytime someone has won money part a certain threshold (let's say €300). So they have the capability to anticipate that they have a big pay out on their hands and thus, prepare the timelock.

I'm not saying Khalifa is telling the truth, just playing devil's advocate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Just post a picture of the cash. Simples !

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Or the receipt for the pay out?

Advertisement