Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

bailey99 wrote: »
    Booked in to Tralee at 14.40 on Saturday and Ballybunion at 11.30 on the Sunday. Probably going to stay in Tralee to be honest the Saturday night. Had planned on traveling to Ballybunion Saturday evening and wanted to leave it as late as possible (i.e. less time in the pub!) but might do the drive on the Sunday morning instead, takes 35 minutes I think.

Hopefully, the weather will be decent. I saw Dooks have an open singles on the Monday for €30. I can't stay the Sunday night, but some little break over 2 nights if people could manage it. More clubs should arrange stuff like this in fairness and allow people to organise a little overnight golf break.

What's Dooks like? Never played it.

Have some friends heading down to play Tralee and Ballybunion, so might go with them for the partying and play Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

Dooks is a beautiful track and very friendly staff in the shop and bar. Great food as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Booked in to Tralee at 14.40 on Saturday and Ballybunion at 11.30 on the Sunday. Probably going to stay in Tralee to be honest the Saturday night. Had planned on traveling to Ballybunion Saturday evening and wanted to leave it as late as possible (i.e. less time in the pub!) but might do the drive on the Sunday morning instead, takes 35 minutes I think.

Hopefully, the weather will be decent. I saw Dooks have an open singles on the Monday for €30. I can't stay the Sunday night, but some little break over 2 nights if people could manage it. More clubs should arrange stuff like this in fairness and allow people to organise a little overnight golf break.

Think we are out at 3pm on Sat and just after 12 on Sunday... so don't be holding us up :D

There are a few of us and we are staying at Ballybunion if you fancy meeting for a few scoops.
    What's Dooks like? Never played it.

Have some friends heading down to play Tralee and Ballybunion, so might go with them for the partying and play Monday.

Have heard Dooks is superb, never played it though. This would have been a great opportunity, but alas, got to be back to work on the Monday. Might arrange things a bit better next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Dooks is a beautiful track and very friendly staff in the shop and bar. Great food as well.

Played it last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. If you're around the area I'd take advantage and play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Geoff50

Now thats a weekend of golf. Tralee int scratch on Saturday 16th followed by Ballyb on the Sunday May 17th. Doesn't suit me unfortunately! I see Carlow On tomorrow May 10th and Courttown May 17th. Shout if any other good ones scheduled soon please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Kilcock JSC next Saturday. TS filling up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Playing tralee early on saturday - cant wait ! I've been buying balls for weeks in preparation :) .

Played dooks a few times and its a great course , well maintained too , if you are looking for another hidden gem in Kerry try ceann sibeal (dingle golf links) its a cracker in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Playing tralee early on saturday - cant wait ! I've been buying balls for weeks in preparation :) .

Played dooks a few times and its a great course , well maintained too , if you are looking for another hidden gem in Kerry try ceann sibeal (dingle golf links) its a cracker in fairness.

Out early enough myself on Saturday too in Tralee. Have played it twice and both days the weather was brutal. looking forward to it now as I think the weather this year so far looks to be reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gbeaso

A spare slot has opened up in our 3 ball for the inter scratch in tralee on Saturday at 11:40. One of our playing partners had to back out due to work commitments so If anyone is interested in playing let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups in Mitchelstown tomorrow and the weekend. Playing it myself in preparation for a blitz on Ballybunion on Sunday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups in Mitchelstown tomorrow and the weekend. Playing it myself in preparation for a blitz on Ballybunion on Sunday :-)

What is the handicap range in the Inter..?

millerj wrote: »

11 to 17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

18hole intermediate and senior scrath cup in Birr on Sunday...pity its open to men only :(

shaunac93 wrote: »
    18hole intermediate and senior scrath cup in Birr on Sunday...pity its open to men only :(

That's just plain wrong. Actually makes me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

millerj wrote: »

11 to 17 for intermediate.

18 and up for minor

That's just plain wrong. Actually makes me angry.

what makes u angry?

what makes u angry?

Women not being able to play men's comps, off the same tees obviously.

Women not being able to play men's comps, off the same tees obviously.

yeah would be very handy cause very few womens scratch cup but alot of clubs have them for men. Would love to play a few scratch cups off the back pins, reds are hard enough at times :p

well used to the barrier to women in golf unfortunately, hopefully will change over a bit of time :) sooner rather that later

Will play Mitchelstown scratch cup friday myself before tralee saturday , winning it would feel like winning the par 3 comp at the masters ..... Thankfully not a problem that will affect me :)

Will play Mitchelstown scratch cup friday myself before tralee saturday , winning it would feel like winning the par 3 comp at the masters ..... Thankfully not a problem that will affect me :)

You're long but not THAT long.

• Advertisement

You're long but not THAT long.

Well they dont call me "eddie" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yeah would be very handy cause very few womens scratch cup but alot of clubs have them for men. Would love to play a few scratch cups off the back pins, reds are hard enough at times :p

well used to the barrier to women in golf unfortunately, hopefully will change over a bit of time :) sooner rather that later

you know golf is one sport where women could actually compete with men on an even playing field, but yet the history of the game dictates otherwise. it would be good to see women teeing it up on the back sticks with the men.... of course by that i mean, it would be nice to play of the reds sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Anyone any idea what's the rough like in tralee and ballybunion, is it lost ball or the type of rough u can find it in.

mike12 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what's the rough like in tralee and ballybunion, is it lost ball or the type of rough u can find it in.

Tralee was cut down last year, was a dry day though which played easier. If it's wet on the day, far tougher prospect regardless of length.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

mike12 wrote: »

Tralee is usually not too bad (played it a few times in the last year) and you'd have a good chance of finding it.

Last time I played Ballybunion it very penal and pointless looking for lost balls (if you wanted to get around in an acceptable time). Few mates said the same about the intermediate scratch last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Anyone playing New Forest JSC on Sun 17th? I've heard good things about the course and will be travelling cross country that morning so was going to try and arrange a game for the afternoon. Never played there before.

Was looking at the timesheet earlier today and they had it split in two with the JSC listed from 08:00 to 12:00 but with only two places available at around 09:00 and then separately they had the JSC along with an ISC and MSC listed from 12:00 omwards with plenty of places. Anyway when I went to book a slot a few hours ago they had both timesheets amalgamated into one with every time/slot shown as "Not Available". I've rang the proshop a few times and even left a message with the office asking the proshop to call me back to see what's going on. Anyone know?

Also a bit peeved that they're charging €30 for the scratch cups when their usual open competitions are €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's hardly a 2-round scratch cup for the Junior ? Would be way they might be having it on twice. Junior Scratch - Round 1 on in the morning, then the Intermediate/Minor run their 18 hole comp afterwards, with the 2nd round of the Junior going out afterwards from 2 and if the timesheet is blocked up, that could be because they are doing a draw system and the draw already made.

Could also explain it as €30 instead of the usual 20

new Forest is a lovely course though. Some very nice holes on it. A couple of holes I'm not a fan of at all, the 4th, 6th and 12th holes would be my not like holes. 3rd,5th,7th,9th,13th are all really good holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Played Tralee less than 2 weeks ago, not much rough at all really. The new 9th was open too, lots of bunkers in play for tee shot and approaches and a green with a lot of slopes on it. Had to use a matt on the 9th fairway too, hopefully that is not the case tomorrow. Dirty evening here in Kerry, hope tomorrow is a bit brighter.

Was talking to a solid player shot 93 in Tralee today, tough and windy by all accounts. Any other unmentionables? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chud1234

anyone any results from kilcock today ? played very though with really hard quick greens .

Advertisement