Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Tralee booked now also. A weekend of golfing bliss. Now to start praying for sunshine.

Any boardsies around BallyB Saturday night there will be 3 of us falling around somewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Raging to be missing both the Lucan and Athenry junior scratches this Monday. Will see how I play in Athlone monday morning before I decide whether to have a dart at entering the Galway Junior Scratch Sunday week

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

kiers47 wrote: »
    Tralee booked now also. A weekend of golfing bliss. Now to start praying for sunshine.

Any boardsies around BallyB Saturday night there will be 3 of us falling around somewhere ;)

out at 8.10 sunday so ill leave ballyb off that night! greens are fast atm so dont want a shaky hand haha

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭paulos53

I will be staying in Ballybunion that night. I have a 13:40 teetime in Tralee so it will be a relatively late arrival to Ballyb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Tralee booked up fast got q 1 30 tee time but it was my 5th choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Likely to be any issues tomorrow pink? Munster reduced to 36. May,great weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

AGC wrote: »
    Likely to be any issues tomorrow pink? Munster reduced to 36. May,great weather

Id say we might be in trouble tomorrow. Its been raining all day in Lucan and to continue into wee hours. Hope Im wrong but would be surprised if the course is open in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Id say we might be in trouble tomorrow. Its been raining all day in Lucan and to continue into wee hours. Hope Im wrong but would be surprised if the course is open in the morning.

Doesn't sound good, day is horrendous here since early morning with incessant rain. Today's competition in BlackBush has been cancelled due to the rain although course remains open.
    Any idea what happens if Lucan is closed in the morning, scratch cups cancelled or likely to be rescheduled for some future date? Very messy with fees having to be redistributed and schedules rearranged. Down to play the JSC and have been looking forward to it so really sickening to see all this rain.

Doesn't sound good, day is horrendous here since early morning with incessant rain. Today's competition in BlackBush has been cancelled due to the rain although course remains open.
    Any idea what happens if Lucan is closed in the morning, scratch cups cancelled or likely to be rescheduled for some future date? Very messy with fees having to be redistributed and schedules rearranged. Down to play the JSC and have been looking forward to it so really sickening to see all this rain.

Pinkdouble might be able to clarify but Id say rescheduling will be difficult. Open week is next week in lucan and important weekend comps to be played thereafter. Possibly early June might represent a window but, as you say, it's hard to organise a scratch cup and it doesnt get easier the 2nd time: certainly cant see it going down well with higher handicapped members!

To reschedule is always difficult. Id be happy to let the fee carry over to a rescheduled date. You just don't expect this in May.

Any chance they would call it this evening?**

**Pub**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

kiers47 wrote: »

What time are you playing Ballybunion on the Sunday?

Thinking about playing, there's still a couple of open slots. Might be a bit irresponsible considering I have a final exam on the Saturday and Monday :eek:

But I've wanted to give Ballybunion a go for quite a while and who knows where we'll all be next year :pac:

****** LUCAN SCRATCH CUPS UPDATE ******

Lucan Scratch Cups will be going ahead as scheduled tomorrow.
    However due to current weather conditions a course inspection is due to be carried out first thing in the morning.

The result of this inspection will be communicated via our website & social media. You may also contact the Pro Shop on - 016280246.

This on the Lucan twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What time are you playing Ballybunion on the Sunday?

Thinking about playing, there's still a couple of open slots. Might be a bit irresponsible considering I have a final exam on the Saturday and Monday :eek:

But I've wanted to give Ballybunion a go for quite a while and who knows where we'll all be next year :pac:

i think we are out 12:20... there was space beside us as they went to 4balls, but it may have been filled by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i have spots available at 10:20 for the lucan junior scratch cup , contact me if someone wants to take them

Scratch cup cancelled. Drag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Scratch cup cancelled. Drag

That's for sure, this country stinks, seriously heavy rain all night as well as yesterday. Just had the sandwiches made when I saw the announcement. Rang the pro shop and they said they were looking towards Sep to reschedule but in the mean time all fees would be returned.

Now what to do with the day, rang my home club BlackBush and competition there was delayed due to course inspection but it's open now again and in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Druids Glen Resort : Due to overnight rainfall both courses will be closed for the day.

Was looking forward to the Intermediate today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry to hear it's not going ahead. Typical irish weather

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

derra wrote: »
    Druids Glen Resort : Due to overnight rainfall both courses will be closed for the day.

Was looking forward to the Intermediate today :mad:

Delighted, was looking forward to having a craic at that but couldn't make today, so hopefully I will be free for the rescheduled date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Walked the course this morning and it is very wet. The fairways and rough are the main problem. At a push, we could have got the course ready for 11 and played it over 18 holes but we felt that this would lead to a huge amount of pull outs and the course would not benefit from it.

We are looking to reschedule this for late August or early September. Our greens are hollow cored on 10/11 August so will need at least two weeks before they are at their best.

We will meet with the competition secretary this week and see if we can thrash out a date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Cill Dara open today for the scratch cups, god bless all alluvial fan planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glynser100

Since druids heath was closed today I managed to get on time sheet in blain roe for there scratch cup, results just in and was beaten by a shot and count back to forth :( rageing none of the four good birdie chances dropped for me .... Ah well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Anyone have any insider info on the JSC in Ballybunion, timesheet was supposed to open on Friday May 1st but didn't, I phoned the office to enquire why it hadn't but she didn't know. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the same fiaso as the intermediate.

So booked myself in for the Ballybunion Intermediate Scratch at 2.50. Thought I'd missed out but they opened up a few more slots. There are still a handful left if anyone else is looking to head along :)

My final exam is nine o'clock Monday morning, madness but should be home at a reasonable enough time; just doesn't leave much time for cramming! :pac:

Looking forward to playing such a famous course for a price a student can almost afford :p

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

So booked myself in for the Ballybunion Intermediate Scratch at 2.50. Thought I'd missed out but they opened up a few more slots. There are still a handful left if anyone else is looking to head along :)

My final exam is nine o'clock Monday morning, madness but should be home at a reasonable enough time; just doesn't leave much time for cramming! :pac:

Looking forward to playing such a famous course for a price a student can almost afford :p

Playing Tralee on Saturday, was going to give Ballybunion a try but I've a feeling it's going to be a 5 hour plus round given everyone's out in fourballs. I think you can kiss any study on Sunday good bye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ailill.

Anyone have any insider info on the JSC in Ballybunion, timesheet was supposed to open on Friday May 1st but didn't, I phoned the office to enquire why it hadn't but she didn't know. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the same fiaso as the intermediate.

According to a member I know, the JSC opened to members only last Friday. Will open to visitors next Friday. Go to "open days" on their website details are there.

The intermediate scratch issue sounded like a simple mix up by the office. Opening up the competition to everyone before members had a chance to book.

Played there at the weekend with a member. Can only describe the course condition as excellent. Fastest greens I’ve played anywhere this year. They’ve added mounds with marram grass to the 1st and 5th , really adds to both holes.

Playing Tralee on Saturday, was going to give Ballybunion a try but I've a feeling it's going to be a 5 hour plus round given everyone's out in fourballs. I think you can kiss any study on Sunday good bye ;)

Come on we're Boards golfers; we love a five hour plus round :p

Yeah would like to be out a bit earlier but beggars can't be choosers! I'd say it could be a long one alright; what with 18 handicap hackers like me trying to post a score :pac:

Good luck in Tralee; would love to play that as well but have another exam Saturday. Think a few of the Boards crew are doing the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Seve OB wrote: »
    Delighted, was looking forward to having a craic at that but couldn't make today, so hopefully I will be free for the rescheduled date :D
    glynser100 wrote: »
    Hiyas, anybody playing scratch cup in druids heath on Sunday? Looking to play myself at around 1,plenty of open lines and none of my mates can make it :(

Seems to be rescheduled for Monday Jun 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Booked in to Tralee at 14.40 on Saturday and Ballybunion at 11.30 on the Sunday. Probably going to stay in Tralee to be honest the Saturday night. Had planned on traveling to Ballybunion Saturday evening and wanted to leave it as late as possible (i.e. less time in the pub!) but might do the drive on the Sunday morning instead, takes 35 minutes I think.

Hopefully, the weather will be decent. I saw Dooks have an open singles on the Monday for €30. I can't stay the Sunday night, but some little break over 2 nights if people could manage it. More clubs should arrange stuff like this in fairness and allow people to organise a little overnight golf break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

35 mins would get you there, it's not the best road so you might get stuck behind a bit of slow traffic at stages.

Advertisement