Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options
  • 02-01-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

Can any member here give me the heads up on the Tralee scratch cups. Ballybunion have theirs up already. Trying a big of advance planning.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

plumber77 wrote: »
    Well lads,

Can any member here give me the heads up on the Tralee scratch cups. Ballybunion have theirs up already. Trying a big of advance planning.

Cheers
    Depends on which SC you're talking about, but usually the Junior is on in early May, Intermediate is early June and Senior is early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Cheers for that. It would the the junior is be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I just had a look on the GUI site Opens list. Absolutely no Scratch Cups listed. I know it's early, but they usually have a few of the March / April ones up in December, don't they? Wondering if there simply are none up yet, or if it's a search glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zada

Was just looking through tralee GC website and the dates posted are May 16th for intermediate and June 27th for junior scratch cup if you look up news and events on the site you will see it there

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Ballybunions Intermediate is the 17th May, will make a good weekend of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Depends on which SC you're talking about, but usually the Junior is on in early May, Intermediate is early June and Senior is early July.
    What are handicap bands for the different Scratch cups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Tralee is 11-18. Ballybunion is 12-18 for intermediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

I just had a look on the GUI site Opens list. Absolutely no Scratch Cups listed. I know it's early, but they usually have a few of the March / April ones up in December, don't they? Wondering if there simply are none up yet, or if it's a search glitch.

GUI are currently upgrading golfnet website and its in here that clubs add the open fixtures. Most of the features in golfnet are disabled at present until the new site is launched so clubs cant add any fixtures at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Brendygg wrote: »
    Ballybunions Intermediate is the 17th May, will make a good weekend of it.
    Sounds like a weekend in Kerry.
    Any idea when they open for bookings???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

mike12 wrote: »
    Sounds like a weekend in Kerry.
    Any idea when they open for bookings???

Last year it opened two weeks before comp. Probably be the same this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Cheers for posting, trying to do a bit of planning myself, i know each club is different but is it generally April for Counting Comps to start up again. No intension of Thread hijack just same idea for planning,

Top Golfer have their opener on April 10th - the Friday of The Masters. It's a mix of SSC and JSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

Top Golfer have their opener on April 10th - the Friday of The Masters. It's a mix of SSC and JSC.

Where is it on?

big_drive wrote: »
    Where is it on?

Portmarnock Links

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know if any club hold their Junior scratch and intermediate cup on the same weekend? I play off 12and my buddy plays off 6. It would be nice to play some quality course over the same weekend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Yeah, lots of them do. It's a handy way to get out with buddies in different handicap categories as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Yeah, lots of them do. It's a handy way to get out with buddies in different handicap categories as you suggest.

Thanks for your reply. Is it a matter of simply keeping an eye on the gui website or is there some other way of finding out fixtures and dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Thanks for your reply. Is it a matter of simply keeping an eye on the gui website or is there some other way of finding out fixtures and dates?

Apols for the delay, yeah pretty much just keep track of the GUI open list. That's how I do it anyhow. Alternatively your buddy in a different category could play with you in comp and just mark your card, not be eligible for a prize. My auld lad did that for me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DVPHM

Killarney scratch cups 20th of June (junior and intermidate) I think

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Topgolfer website is back showing the 2015 schedule for Junior and Senior scratch cups:

http://www.topgolfer.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington lakes hold their Junior, Inter and Minor scratch cups in the 1st weekend in September, last years results are still on the website to get a guage of the scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Topgolfer website is back showing the 2015 schedule for Junior and Senior scratch cups:

http://www.topgolfer.ie

Are these scratch cups exclusive to the topgolfer tour players or are they open to anyone with gui?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Are these scratch cups exclusive to the topgolfer tour players or are they open to anyone with gui?

These events are open to anyone with a GUI handicap and its not mandatory to join the tour to play in an event.

Joining the tour up just means being on the order of merit and on winning an event or via end of season playoffs, going to the championship event at the end of the season. This is a two day freebie knees-up with accommodation included.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Anyone know if K Club or Druids Glen run scratch cups each year?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan's Senior & Junior Scratch Cups are on May 3rd this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Lucan's Senior & Junior Scratch Cups are on May 3rd this year

Thanks, one of the few remaining 36 hole scratch cups and very well run on possibly the best greens in Ireland, they were frightening fast and smooth last year. Any indication as to when the timesheet opens yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Thanks, one of the few remaining 36 hole scratch cups and very well run on possibly the best greens in Ireland, they were frightening fast and smooth last year. Any indication as to when the timesheet opens yet?

Will find out and post on here as soon as I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know if any club hold their Junior scratch and intermediate cup on the same weekend? I play off 12and my buddy plays off 6. It would be nice to play some quality course over the same weekend....

Bray junior (4-10) & intermediate (11-18) is on June 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Athys junior and intermediate is on weekend of 8/9 August. Our new 6th hole will be well in play by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

big_drive wrote: »
    Where is it on?
    Portmarnock Links

Is there an online booking system for this to check availability and book? The Portmarnock Links website is particular poor and the only booking system I can find is through golfswitch.com which doesn't list open competitions and in this case the scratch cup itself.

Advertisement