Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 transfers

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's classic Irish begrudgery, if anybody claims to know or offer something that is better than otherwise available we can't wait to knock him off his perch.;)

I've no need to follow Dinnery or anyone else when all the info appears here within minutes anyway:p

Does anybody think we'll have anything a little more concrete by 1130 ??

We might know if he left team hotel on the bus. But then I'd be pretty certain he'd be on the bench at least. Still playing him for now as I think he could respond well to having been given a holiday and could well score as sub. Downing to come in though so close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

FHFC wrote: »
    We might know if he left team hotel on the bus. But then I'd be pretty certain he'd be on the bench at least. Still playing him for now as I think he could respond well to having been given a holiday and could well score as sub. Downing to come in though so close call.

Worse thing can happen though is a 20 minute appearance for one pt for Sterling. Happened me with Bony and 12 pts on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Should I bench mata today? Adm back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Think I'm going to do:

Foster in, Guzan out.
    Ings in, Austin out.

That would leave me with 9 home players, plus Silva + Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

Should I do Van P to Costa for a hit? I've already got DiMaria and Hazard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Just sold Siggy and brought in Di Maria for a -4. Hope this doesn't bite me in tab ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Redo22 wrote: »
    No. VP will have to score 1 goal more than Costa to just make you break even.

Chelsea play Newcastle which seem all ove rthe place lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

iroced wrote: »

Sorry meant the other way round. I have RVP and am afraid that Costa will go on a rampage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Quickly naylor or wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »

It's the other way around I think. He wants to bring in Costa?? I'd still say no, not for a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

I've 13 mins. On wildcard. Should I keep Neil Taylor for the next two weeks or bring in Bertrand now? United are anything but solid at the back...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Two questions lads...

a) Yaya to ADM
    b) Yaya to Chadli
    c) Play Boyd, bank FT

Start Zabaleta or Wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Two questions lads...

a) Yaya to ADM
    b) Yaya to Chadli
    c) Play Boyd, bank FT

Start Zabaleta or Wisdom

C and Zabaletta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Two questions lads...

a) Yaya to ADM
    b) Yaya to Chadli
    c) Play Boyd, bank FT

Start Zabaleta or Wisdom

1. Option c
    2. You can't not start a 6.5m defender imo, especially one who will offer attacking returns against a terrible Everton team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

irish son wrote: »
    Did Baines and Bony out for Terry and Kane earlier in the week and now done Yaya to ADM for a hit. I would have had to do the a -4 next week if I want Aguero which is very likely so pulled the trigger now.

Almost took a gamble on Gerrard this week, he played advanced in the FA Cup game and with Lallana injured and Sterling rumoured to be rested he may do so again tomorrow.

After bring Costa in for Carroll now aswell so on a -8 and Ill captain him too, just can't shake the feeling he'll get a hatrick this week. Probably should have wildcarded this week, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Only if you don't have Hazard and would then make Costa captain even then though its close imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dahat wrote: »
    C and Zabaletta
    G1032 wrote: »
    1. Option c
    2. You can't not start a 6.5m defender imo, especially one who will offer attacking returns against a terrible Everton team

Yeah, went with those decisions. I really wanted to bring in Chadli for Yaya but Boyd vs QPR is a comparable fixture and Pardew could pull off a shock.

Also, I think next week would be the worst time for me to use the WC but I could do with the extra transfer.

Go Georgie Boyd!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    I really don't know why some people here seem to love a dig at Ben Dinnery. I've started following him, and he doesn't claim to be in the know, nor is he in any way ostentatious about his info.

He simply monitors all the club, manager and other sources, collates updates on players injuries prognosis, training updates etc and provides it in a central location via the physio room website and others. He also tweets updates and quotes, not his opinions. If asked directly whether in his opinion X will start he almost always answers, often with "I don't know".

Yes it is all pretty much information any of us could get ourselves, the point is he provides a top class service whereby you don't have to! I used to spend a lot of time googling for injury news, press conference quotes, and now I don't.

Tonight he tweeted about a rumour doing the rounds, clearly stating it was unconfirmed and that it was based solely on an instragram pic. He later (as people tweeted constantly asking him about it) said "wait while I try to find out something definite" Then he confirmed that Sterling was back in England, had travelled to Sunderland and that it would be Rodgers call whether he featured.

I dunno what more he could do. In fact I dunno how he has the patience for the amount of lazy questions he gets tweeted, even ones he's already answered, and lads basically looking for him to pick their FPL team or their captain!

The closest I've seen to him getting frustrated was telling a lad asking would adm start tomorrow to hang on while he rang LVG on the bat phone!!

Anyone who knows poker will know of a guy called Kevmath. Ben Dinnery seems to becoming the Kevmath of FPL! The information is all out there on the internet but go to them and they will have it for you straight away. People used to complain that all Kevmath was good at was using google seems to pretty much be Ben main talent too! Even if that is the case its super handy being able to just follow the one account and get the information you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Stephen Taylor, Bony Sakho out
    Phil jones, Kane and pelle in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sorry meant the other way round. I have RVP and am afraid that Costa will go on a rampage
    Ah sorry got it completely wrong. Too late anyway now but could see the temptation alright. Same logic though, Costa will have to score a goal more than RVP to just break it even. I'd say it depends on your WC plans. If you plan to play it next week, I guess the hit is pointless. I think though RVP has better upcoming fixtures than Costa (apart from this very week).
    Two questions lads...

a) Yaya to ADM
    b) Yaya to Chadli
    c) Play Boyd, bank FT

Start Zabaleta or Wisdom

Again late to the party but I'd have done C and... Well I did bench Zab for Wisdom myself but mainly because I've Hart in goal and was not feeling great doubling up on them. It's bound to hurt me though :rolleyes: :pac:... In your case it's a real tough choice. Whether you favour Zab attacking potential or Wisdom chance of a CS.
    I see now you went for Zab following the (very valid) price tag point raised by G1032.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

Seriously thinking of getting giroud in.

Advertisement