Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ings or Kane as a 2 or 3 gameweek punt before I re-evaluate. Which one would you lads go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No photos off him at liverpools training on thursday

Wouldn't be if he only got back this morning, had a sleep and light session on his own this afternoon. If he left Jamaica within a couple of hours of the he photo he'd have been back in Liverpool at 7 or 8 this morning.

If I was betting on it I'd say he'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

2 FTs used.

Benteke -> Kane
    Sterling -> Walcott

Theo's back b!tches....

aragorn-entrance.gif

...hopefully :o (Boyd 1st sub)

Is that Boyd in the gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Wouldn't be if he only got back this morning, had a sleep and light session on his own this afternoon. If he left Jamaica within a couple of hours of the he photo he'd have been back in Liverpool at 7 or 8 this morning.

If I was betting on it I'd say he'll play.

1245 game. How much are we likely to know? Lalana is out, seems unusual to allow Sterling a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

If lallana is out, I don't think rodgers can afford to leave sterling out

• Advertisement

Dinnery confirmed Sterling is on Wearside. Late decision by manager on his involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ben Guessery at it again. I follow him on there but he's no more ITK than anyone on here. He just scatter gun tweets every rumour going.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Lemlin wrote: »
    He only ever said the Bony tweet was "rumours".

Liverpool teams have been leaked on twitter 24hrs before games for last number of weeks and have been spot on....

have not seen a full team this week but have seen the following:

'Sterling not playing. Borini & Manquillo to start & not Moreno'

I would assume that Mr. Injury is working off the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Borini in for Sterling would be a straight swap. Lazar for Moreno presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Liverpool teams have been leaked on twitter 24hrs before games for last number of weeks and have been spot on....

have not seen a full team this week but have seen the following:

'Sterling not playing. Borini & Manquillo to start & not Moreno'

I would assume that Mr. Injury is working off the same

By example the following was posted last Sunday night and was bang on....

indykaila News (@indykaila) tweeted at 9:26 p.m. on Sun, Jan 04, 2015:
    Unconfirmed...

#LFC team for tomorrow

Mignolet
    Can
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Manquillo
    Henderson
    Gerrard
    Lucas
    Markovic
    Coutinho
    Lambert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If lallana is out, I don't think rodgers can afford to leave sterling out

Moreno and Markovic as the wingbacks. Balotelli or Lambert up front. If Sterling is really just back from a holiday, i can't see Rogers starting him! Bench more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    Moreno and Markovic as the wingbacks. Balotelli or Lambert up front. If Sterling is really just back from a holiday, i can't see Rogers starting him! Bench more likely

I agree. Bench and he'll come on if needed.

I really don't know why some people here seem to love a dig at Ben Dinnery. I've started following him, and he doesn't claim to be in the know, nor is he in any way ostentatious about his info.

He simply monitors all the club, manager and other sources, collates updates on players injuries prognosis, training updates etc and provides it in a central location via the physio room website and others. He also tweets updates and quotes, not his opinions. If asked directly whether in his opinion X will start he almost always answers, often with "I don't know".

Yes it is all pretty much information any of us could get ourselves, the point is he provides a top class service whereby you don't have to! I used to spend a lot of time googling for injury news, press conference quotes, and now I don't.

Tonight he tweeted about a rumour doing the rounds, clearly stating it was unconfirmed and that it was based solely on an instragram pic. He later (as people tweeted constantly asking him about it) said "wait while I try to find out something definite" Then he confirmed that Sterling was back in England, had travelled to Sunderland and that it would be Rodgers call whether he featured.

I dunno what more he could do. In fact I dunno how he has the patience for the amount of lazy questions he gets tweeted, even ones he's already answered, and lads basically looking for him to pick their FPL team or their captain!

The closest I've seen to him getting frustrated was telling a lad asking would adm start tomorrow to hang on while he rang LVG on the bat phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I really don't know why some people here seem to love a dig at Ben Dinnery. I've started following him, and he doesn't claim to be in the know, nor is he in any way ostentatious about his info.
    Me neither :confused:.
    I used to spend a lot of time googling for injury news, press conference quotes, and now I don't.
    That's exactly what Ben Dinerry is doing for me: saving time & reducing hassles! I find (t)his free service invaluable :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    Me neither :confused:.

That's exactly what Ben Dinerry is doing for me: saving time & reducing hassles! I find (t)his free service invaluable :cool:.

I'll 3rd that
    very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

any recommendations for which two to play from Siggy, Wanyama and Downing? Wanyama has I suppose the toughest fixture, but a great performance last gw. Please advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

F1fan wrote: »
    any recommendations for which two to play from Siggy, Wanyama and Downing? Wanyama has I suppose the toughest fixture, but a great performance last gw. Please advise...
    :confused:.

The last time Wanyama got more than 2 pts was... GW 11.

I'd bench him with no hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

who is taking penalty kicks for MU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

bezuaua wrote: »
    who is taking penalty kicks for MU ?

van per?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

sterling> walcott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Hart (Elliott)

Terry | Jones | Wisdom (Naylor/Hutton)

Hazard (c) | Sanchez | Silva | Downing (Marney)

Costa | Austin | Benteke

still 1FT: already did baines » wisdom (as a stopper in private league), am I mad for thinking Benteke » Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    I'll 3rd that
    very handy

I also agree. He provides a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bezuaua wrote: »
    am I mad for thinking Benteke » Rooney?

its not crazy, but with di maria coming back into the team, Rooney could get pushed further and further back into midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Did Baines and Bony out for Terry and Kane earlier in the week and now done Yaya to ADM for a hit. I would have had to do the a -4 next week if I want Aguero which is very likely so pulled the trigger now.

Almost took a gamble on Gerrard this week, he played advanced in the FA Cup game and with Lallana injured and Sterling rumoured to be rested he may do so again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What are the chances Sterling will be rested this week?

Have Boyd stepping in if he stays where he is so no panic, but would be nice if any of you have more intel:D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

wonski wrote: »
    What are the chances Sterling will be rested this week?

As i'm sure you know he was sent to Jamaica this week for a break and only flew back thursday night.
    He didn't train yesterday which is normally one of Rodgers' indicators for benching somebody, so i suppose you could argue that he's the most likely to be rested. Twitter, in the main, seems to agree.

Then again you could say that he's fresh and should start!

Not much use but if i had to go for one or the other i'd gamble on him being rested. (probably being brought on for final 10 mins and the obligatory 1 point thereby preventing 12 point bench-warming Boyd from jumping in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Used my two FTs and having serious sellers remorse:
    Zabaleta => Terry
    Silva => ADM

Zab was a terrible purchase a couple of GWs ago so correcting that.
    Not sure about Silva transfer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

benteke to Kane my only transfer, going to bank the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I also agree. He provides a great service.

It's classic Irish begrudgery, if anybody claims to know or offer something that is better than otherwise available we can't wait to knock him off his perch.;)

I've no need to follow Dinnery or anyone else when all the info appears here within minutes anyway:p

Does anybody think we'll have anything a little more concrete by 1130 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He simply monitors all the club, manager and other sources, collates updates on players injuries prognosis, training updates etc and provides it in a central location via the physio room website and others. He also tweets updates and quotes, not his opinions. If asked directly whether in his opinion X will start he almost always answers, often with "I don't know".

Yes it is all pretty much information any of us could get ourselves, the point is he provides a top class service whereby you don't have to! I used to spend a lot of time googling for injury news, press conference quotes, and now I don't.

Tonight he tweeted about a rumour doing the rounds, clearly stating it was unconfirmed and that it was based solely on an instragram pic. He later (as people tweeted constantly asking him about it) said "wait while I try to find out something definite" Then he confirmed that Sterling was back in England, had travelled to Sunderland and that it would be Rodgers call whether he featured.

I dunno what more he could do. In fact I dunno how he has the patience for the amount of lazy questions he gets tweeted, even ones he's already answered, and lads basically looking for him to pick their FPL team or their captain!

The closest I've seen to him getting frustrated was telling a lad asking would adm start tomorrow to hang on while he rang LVG on the bat phone!!

He provides a great service alright but I'd pay no heed to him when he gives an opinion like he did with his cover all bases tweet about sanchez against qpr.

Advertisement