Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-Week 20 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Its not provocative really though. Its not like the guy came on and had a big rant about an awful score which wasn't actually too bad a score. People need to cool the jets a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

55. Should end up at about 7k, although for a little while (pre-Bony, Kane, Terry) FFFix had me at the mind-blowing level of 2.5k. Not complaining though -- it's my best Xmas showing by far and I'm well better than I've ever been at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

People just need to know the context of their score before posting. If I've had a shit week the last thing I want to see is people moaning about a score 20 points higher than mine. Anyway, these two from FPL Discovery should make us all feel better:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/248456/event-history/20/

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/496633/event-history/20/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

People just need to know the context of their score before posting. If I've had a shit week the last thing I want to see is people moaning about a score 20 points higher than mine. Anyway, these two from FPL Discovery should make us all feel better:

How do you even get into that high a position with that sort of decision making!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

35 all in.

Could have been worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Captaining Zabaleta a few days after he scored 0...well that guy was just asking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

71 points delighted won my cup game by a point against an opponent ranked 2.1m! Climbed 11000 places to 9088 a new PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

KevIRL wrote: »
    Its not provocative really though. Its not like the guy came on and had a big rant about an awful score which wasn't actually too bad a score. People need to cool the jets a bit
    Yeah just didn't find a more appropriate word than "provocative". Was more making a general comment from this example that ziegler expressed with better chosen words ;)

The good thing I get from your examples is that there are definitely some top spots to be claimed in the remaining 18 GWs :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

iroced wrote: »
    The good thing I get from your examples is that there are definitely some top spots to be claimed in the remaining 18 GWs :D.

There's always a chance someone will mess up, a friend of mine was winning our mini league last year, by quite a distance and was messing about with his January wildcard, he changed his team about and accepted it, without realising he would lose half the profit he'd made on players.

He was something crazy like 3m short on getting back his original team, and saw red arrows nearly every week until the end of the season, with a very good final day just about saving a him in the top 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up from 17k to 11k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Only dropped from 8k to 9k. GW rank of 1.7 million. I'm amazed I've only dropped that little. Will take it and run. Gained 9 points on my main rival too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

Up to 1,105,215 overall. I really am terrible at this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dropped about 20k with my 42, very surprised and disappointed with that.

God knows where Id have been without the Sterling (c) assist that came late and having the 3 Chelsea scorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

Up to 1,105,215 overall. I really am terrible at this game. However, I did climb 274,439 places which isn't too bad I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

With my 35 I dropped from 5.2k to 8.3k.

Honestly, I'll take that and run for the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My 46(-4) means a drop of 5k. Just inside the top 50k now. I was at 9k on Christmas day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Had green arrows for 7 straight weeks before today but dropped 140 odd places to 576. Still though, that's a lot better than I expected so I can't complain. Only for my 3 Chelski players it would have been a lot worse.

Out of the cup though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

41 and down 11k to 65k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I don't want to look. I should be able...25 points behind in my main league (a week and a half ago/3 gameweeks ago I was 45 ahead) and probably heading towards 100,000.

Ouch.

Edit: 101k. Worst I've been ranked since GW3.
    My last three GRs are:
    1.6m
    2.1m
    2.5m

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

47 and a slight drop from 80k to 82k.

More importantly, 12 points gained on pay league leader who will be cursing himself over his first sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Up just over 200 places to 3.4k with 2ft's to play. Good result after a mixed day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wow so this was my worst GW of the season 38 gives me a GW rank of 2m my lowest of the season by a good 300k!

Overall rank goes from 3.3k to 4.7 and my lowest rank in quite a while. Christmas has been a disaster, was 1.6k beforehand. Obviously still doing exceptionally well overall but annoying when I actually am quite happy with my players. RVP, Benteke and Sterling missing about 9 great chances in the last 3 GWs kills me as had captaining Austin the last 2 weeks.

A break is needed now and then it's business time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

PARlance wrote: »
    47 and a slight drop from 80k to 82k.

More importantly, 12 points gained on pay league leader who will be cursing himself over his first sub.

Got 47 as well and dropped slightly. Thought we might have seen a small green arrow with this gw score

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane, Hazard as captain and clichy the main contributors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

46 is GW rank 1.3m.

But. I got a whopping great green arrow overall.....I rose 4 places from 749 to 745!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi,

Sterling has been credited with the assist for Steven Gerrard's penalty goal.

Regards

Fantasy Football Support

Sound bunch of lads :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

52 gives me a very modest jump from 18k to 15.5k.

My lead has been cut to 5 points in my minileague though. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

47 sees me drop about 200 places still at 18k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Went for Sterling last night and now I've a serious urge to captain him.

Green,
    Zab, Terry, Hutton
    Hazard, Sanchez, Silva, Sterling, Downing
    Costa, Austin

Had a dream last night that Chelsea lost 4-0 to Letterkenny Rovers, whatever that means.

Letterkenny Rovers play in white shirts with dark shorts by the way...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

47 sees me drop about 200 places still at 18k

47 must be the most popular score here,got the same myself.

Advertisement