Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False ecomomy - What do you refuse to buy budget versions of?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is there a very noticeable difference with meat from the butchers to supermarket? Is it much dearer?
    I checked with my local butcher and yes the venison is deer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We have the best dairy, lamb and beef production in the world. I have a farm at home so yes I'm well aware how good we are.

I generally agree, but on the bolded part... Argentina (and certain parts of Japan) might have a bone to pick!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Just added paint to my list of things I'm likely not to buy budget.

I was going to give a few rooms a new coat of paint today, the husband had bought a big tub of house-brand wall paint. After doing half a wall, I hopped into the car and bought a 2.5l tub of Fleetwood (and two spare ones, they were on offer). I've finished 2 rooms, only needed one coat each, the paint doesn't spray or splatter, doesn't stink... Worth the extra money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cheap camping/hiking equipment. It simply isn't up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

From now on I'm only going to use water from Irish Water.

Can't believe I was using that other pi$$ for so long that I wasn't even paying for :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheap clingfilm, The cheap stuff is thinner and hasn't got the antistatic agent applied so more often than not clumps up on itself before you can wrap what you're going to wrap and then is a pain to unravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

So basically everything op thats you're answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Baby wipes

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

After a nightmare session of wrapping dry rubbed meats, I have to say cheap clingfilm is practically useless. :mad: Never again.

Advertisement