Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag dies of OD in prison

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Drugs keep the prisoners calm. We can't be having riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

DellyBelly wrote: »
    If you think that's true you must be living in cuckoo land. Its a problem is prisons all over the world!

You need a lesson on understanding basic irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Waiting for all the PC do gooders to rock on to this thread..

Just because some people have a shred of decency & don't lower themselves to become pond-scum keyboard warriors slagging off someone's dead son, brother, dad, husband, lover - that doesn't make them a "PC do-gooder."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Just because some people have a shred of decency & don't lower themselves to become pond-scum keyboard warriors slagging off someone's dead son, brother, dad, husband, lover - that doesn't make them a "PC do-gooder."

Just checked wikipedia - it does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Here's what needs to be done. If the following was implemented, that fella would still be inside for conviction number 1 right now, and James Tynan would still be alive:

1) Build a massive underground jail, the biggest jail in the world, fit to hold 1 million people.

2) Put every joyriding, junkie, fraudster, banker, paedophile, illegal immigrant, shoplifting, lying politicians, dishonest, violent scumbag in Ireland into it.

3) Take in prisoners from other countries. Charge the other countries for keeping their scum. This will keep more good people of the world safe, dilute crime levels worldwide, and help our economy.

4) Have treadmills in the jail. Make the scum run on them and generate electricity.

5) Sell the electricity, which will not only boost our economy evenfurther, but will help the global warming crisis aswell.

6) Scrap all previous laws, and start from scratch. Publish a book called "The Law". Make it available to everybody in Ireland. Teach it in schools. Leave no excuse for criminal behaviour.

7) In this book, state the sentences. Rape of children = rest of your life in jail. Not 4 years with 2 suspended, not 18 months and a donation to charity, minimum of 100 years just to be sure. Same for dealing drugs. This is both as a punishment, and to keep criminals away from normal people. Normal people dont rob, do drugs, or rape. Also, longer sentences = more electricity produced.

8) Aim to build a society which mimics that of "The Girl From Tomorrow". The only people who should be walking around freely are those responsible enough to know how to use their freedom properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVS37...eature=related

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    How he was out on bail at the time of the murder, with 85 previous convictions by the age of 23 is absolutely beyond me. :mad:
    This is the part which never ceases to amaze and anger me and it's near a given when such stories come up. X amount of previous convictions/out on bail etc. This is what we really should be angry about and remind every doorstepping politician come election times.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Just read an article in the Indo saying he killed a guy leaving a nightclub in an unprovoked attack (with 85 previous convictions at the time, because it's Ireland and of course he had :rolleyes:) so my sympathy is limited to say the least, but how are these jailbirds even getting so many drugs? How are such substances even finding their way into the prisons in the first place?

Every jail in the world has drugs in it. Have you ever seen the size of a wrap of heroin/cocaine or whatever?? They don't come packed like sugar with a big 'DRUGS' label on the outside. Use your imagination as to how they manage to smuggle them in..
    It's a bit like the question 'how do drugs even get into the country..'
    It suits the prison authorities to have them all high. They get in fewer fights, make less noise of they are nodding on heroin.

This is just the consequence of if.

Total and utter BS.
    He go the drugs the same way they get phones and other prohibited drugs into the prison...via a corrupt prison guard.

You should really go straight to the Gardai with that information that you seem to have. Yes, it does and has happened in the past - 3 convicted in the last 10 years out of 3000+ staff but it's nowhere near as common as you'd make it out.
    Staff are searched on the way into work as well, using both metal detectors and dogs. Staff are also banned from bringing their own phones in - it's actually a sackable offence.

Wibbs wrote: »
    This is the part which never ceases to amaze and anger me and it's near a given when such stories come up. X amount of previous convictions/out on bail etc. This is what we really should be angry about and remind every doorstepping politician come election times.
    The sad fact is that we don't have enough prisons for them to be put in, so they're bailed.

We need at least another remand centre for these scummers.

The only way to stop drugs getting in would be to have "no contact" visitor centres at all prisons like the ones in Cloverhill, but they're expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

It's alright to slag off the living though who still have sons and daughters brothers dads and mothers and lovers though isn't it? You can call them pond scum. You can call them keyboard warriors while you do the same thing: pound out condemnation of what are probably law abiding people trying to get by. You can do that from Bern. Isn't that it? One law for some, a different law for those who dish out the beatings and the brutality and a good dose of hypocritical condescension from a CMOD. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

newmug wrote: »
    Here's what needs to be done. If the following was implemented, that fella would still be inside for conviction number 1 right now, and James Tynan would still be alive:

1) Build a massive underground jail, the biggest jail in the world, fit to hold 1 million people.

2) Put every joyriding, junkie, fraudster, banker, paedophile, illegal immigrant, shoplifting, lying politicians, dishonest, violent scumbag in Ireland into it.

3) Take in prisoners from other countries. Charge the other countries for keeping their scum. This will keep more good people of the world safe, dilute crime levels worldwide, and help our economy.

4) Have treadmills in the jail. Make the scum run on them and generate electricity.

5) Sell the electricity, which will not only boost our economy evenfurther, but will help the global warming crisis aswell.

6) Scrap all previous laws, and start from scratch. Publish a book called "The Law". Make it available to everybody in Ireland. Teach it in schools. Leave no excuse for criminal behaviour.

7) In this book, state the sentences. Rape of children = rest of your life in jail. Not 4 years with 2 suspended, not 18 months and a donation to charity, minimum of 100 years just to be sure. Same for dealing drugs. This is both as a punishment, and to keep criminals away from normal people. Normal people dont rob, do drugs, or rape. Also, longer sentences = more electricity produced.

8) Aim to build a society which mimics that of "The Girl From Tomorrow". The only people who should be walking around freely are those responsible enough to know how to use their freedom properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVS37...eature=related

If you ever run for politics let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not that I've got oodles of sympathy for a creature such as this, but he was still somebodies son, brother, whatever, and I'd hope people would understand thats what done is and dancing on his grave means nothing now, cant change what he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

The sad fact is that we don't have enough prisons for them to be put in, so they're bailed.

We need at least another remand centre for these scummers.

we dont need more prisons... just fit more in a cell...they aint there for comfort..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's more the people he leaves behind that I feel sorry for. I also don't tend to wish death on people, even when they have killed someone, as it seems a bit hypocritical, really. I'm not one for that "eye-for-an-eye" bs.

If his family hadn't disowned him at this point there's probably something wrong. If one of my relatives had taken joy in inflicting this sort of immense suffering on others, I'd despise them.

chrysagon wrote: »
    we dont need more prisons... just fit more in a cell...they aint there for comfort..
    They're three to a cell in Cloverhill already, still more spacious than some of the cheapest room shares in Dublin.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not that I've got oodles of sympathy for a creature such as this, but he was still somebodies son, brother, whatever, and I'd hope people would understand thats what done is and dancing on his grave means nothing now, cant change what he's done.

Not dancing can't change anything either. In fact, nothing can bring back James Tynan. RIP.

Dancing on his grave archives nothing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

newmug wrote: »
    Here's what needs to be done. If the following was implemented....

4) Have treadmills in the jail. Make the scum run on them and generate electricity....

[/URL]

Are you basically saying we cordon off Leitrim and use it as a bomb test site cum wasteland prison facility... you may be on to something here...

Not dancing achieves nothing no?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yep, that would be pointless. I don't understand the moral indignation from certain parts when some posters have said that his death is probably a good thing. It probably is, for both his family and wider society. He's probably caused just as much anguish to both in his miserable life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

They're three to a cell in Cloverhill already, still more spacious than some of the cheapest room shares in Dublin.

If they just locked actual criminals up instead of people not paying fines we would have more space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

If it were up to the majority of people on Boards he would be offered a state funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Bit of much needed exercise after the Xmas indulgences no?

Tugboats wrote: »
    If it were up to the majority of people on Boards he would be offered a state funeral

I doubt that. However, given the number of convictions etc it's fair to say that the majority of voters in this country tolerate the system that gave him the freedom to ruin others lives.

Bit of much needed exercise after the Xmas indulgences no?

No not really. Doesn't matter what a scumbag he is or was, he was still somebodies son, brother, whatever. For their sake if not his, maybe people could show a little dignity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Delighted he is dead. Jubilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm confident this guy would have been totes rehabilitated had he lived and got out of prison a third early on remission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

No not really. Doesn't matter what a scumbag he is or was, he was still somebodies son, brother, whatever. For their sake if not his, maybe people could show a little dignity?

often the case..these scumbags come from scumbag families..not always, but mostly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Scumbag dies..people rejoice thinking its cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

No, absurd to ask people to respect his memory when he had no respect for other people's lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement