Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Begor Dan i never thought id see the day that you wouldnt predict anything other then a Tipp win.

Personally in terms of being soft i think we're well able to cope with them physically and certainly these times id say if anything we have the upper hand.

If we can go toe to toe with Kilkenny we can go toe to toe with anyone in the land. Many Cork fans werent happy with some alleged off the ball stuff from the Tribe last day out but then again Cork are what Graham Souness might describe as 'Ideal sons in law' at the moment. I would doubt Cathal Barrett would leave Johnny Glynn run that far without having a say in the matter somehow.

My biggest fear is if Joe hits the inspiring form he is capable of on the day. Very few can match him if he does, he is unplayable, and now he has a resurged Glynn beside him as well as the talented young teenager Conor Whelan and Jason flynn. Its best not to forget Galway were cruising against us with 20 mins left last year only for our tactical switch of Padraic Maher back on the forty and Barry to full back. We also made use of the landing strip of space in front of Seamie and thus apples fell from the bending boughs.

Overall though i think we have enough in our Arsenal for them. If Seamie and Bubbles are given a wide canvas on the day then we should see a beautiful picture painted.

The thing is TG that I don't think we can go 'toe to toe' with Kilkenny. KK horsed us out of it in the replay last year. A lot of us Tipp folk seem to forget that we lost yet another all Ireland last year. I know from many contacts that I have in Galway that they regard us as soft, we need to be well prepared that's all as we have been caught on the hop by those herring chokers before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The thing is TG that I don't think we can go 'toe to toe' with Kilkenny. KK horsed us out of it in the replay last year. A lot of us Tipp folk seem to forget that we lost yet another all Ireland last year. I know from many contacts that I have in Galway that they regard us as soft, we need to be well prepared that's all as we have been caught on the hop by those herring chokers before.
    Your contact in Galway should know all about being soft considering the cluster**** of a team they follow....

Your contact in Galway should know all about being soft considering the cluster**** of a team they follow....
    Wow! Thats a pretty inspirational post, I could see Eamonn O'Shea incorporating that into his team talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

He's a mate of Mansfield. Mentioned him in the post.

I was told by a mod its timbermerchant that wrote it

buggy beag wrote: »
    I was told by a mod its timbermerchant that wrote it

I tell ya that site is gas. Real cliquey village mentality about it. Dont get me wrong i actually loved the threads covering the club fixtures because you had a poster nearly guaranteed to be at every club game in the county giving a fairly in depth version of events thereafter but it is no wonder counties are wound up to beat Tipp when they think we solely consist of fúckin eejits like yer man the 'Mattie' baiter. I got an indefinate ban for little enough (gave my honest opinion on what i thought of the Declan and Tommy regime on several occasions without insulting them personally) on that site wheras so called 'real hurling men' are allowed to post any sort of shíte they want.

I suppose i leave a good distance from Galway to understand the true rivalry between Tipp and Galway but the sort of baiting rants that some of these lads go on with is a slight bit pathetic in all honesty. I love a bit of banter as much as the next person but that particular poster lives a particularly tragic life if his sole ambition is to attend a game to hurl insults at another counties supporters and hurl insults at their players (a top class player like Joe Canning at that). Its a notch under the idiots who attend soccer games.

I live near the Kilkenny border and i particuarly enjoyed putting one over them in 2010 after the shíte that was printed in their local media that week. Sadly what followed after that glorious day was a very sobering experience. However, after last years top class final between the two sides ive grown to appreciate the fact that all of these guys on both sides of the divide are amateur men who sacrifice so much to try their hardest to give us a sunday (or Saturday) to remember. When you learn to appreciate each player for what they give to the game in terms of skill and sacrifice, then and only then you really learn to love the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

I tell ya that site is gas. Real cliquey village mentality about it. Dont get me wrong i actually loved the threads covering the club fixtures because you had a poster nearly guaranteed to be at every club game in the county giving a fairly in depth version of events thereafter but it is no wonder counties are wound up to beat Tipp when they think we solely consist of fúckin eejits like yer man the 'Mattie' baiter. I got an indefinate ban for little enough (gave my honest opinion on what i thought of the Declan and Tommy regime on several occasions without insulting them personally) on that site wheras so called 'real hurling men' are allowed to post any sort of shíte they want.

I suppose i leave a good distance from Galway to understand the true rivalry between Tipp and Galway but the sort of baiting rants that some of these lads go on with is a slight bit pathetic in all honesty. I love a bit of banter as much as the next person but that particular poster lives a particularly tragic life if his sole ambition is to attend a game to hurl insults at another counties supporters and hurl insults at their players (a top class player like Joe Canning at that). Its a notch under the idiots who attend soccer games.

I live near the Kilkenny border and i particuarly enjoyed putting one over them in 2010 after the shíte that was printed in their local media that week. Sadly what followed after that glorious day was a very sobering experience. However, after last years top class final between the two sides ive grown to appreciate the fact that all of these guys on both sides of the divide are amateur men who sacrifice so much to try their hardest to give us a sunday (or Saturday) to remember. When you learn to appreciate each player for what they give to the game in terms of skill and sacrifice, then and only then you really learn to love the game.

Lighten up a bit Tipp_Gunner. What exactly did ya say to get banned, I doubt it was as trivial as you are letting on.

dcrosskid wrote: »
    Lighten up a bit Tipp_Gunner. What exactly did ya say to get banned, I doubt it was as trivial as you are letting on.

The 2 running the site decided a mass cull was in order one evening without warning anyone either. Real cowards. Silly little small minded clowns

I thought twas funny anyway.im from the south so galway to our fellow north men is like kk to us at the min.dont know anything about that particular poster just thought the piece was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I tell ya that site is gas. Real cliquey village mentality about it.

Perfect description of it to be honest, there are some very good posters there but unfortunately they are the minority, the cast majority of threads descent into childish squibbles and trolling and as most of the perpertrators are moderators themsleves it is allowed to spread.

Think looder from here is one of the mods on the splinter site talkhurling. I must contribute to that site more. He's a real hurling man I'd have alot of respect for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Think looder from here is one of the mods on the splinter site talkhurling. I must contribute to that site more. He's a real hurling man I'd have alot of respect for

Shame he's not around here anymore, was a very good poster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Anyone here got the Tipp Minor Team for Monday? :) Weather for Monday looks the best day of the weekend!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That site could do with more posters cos it's dying a death,would be a pity to see it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Meanwhile, in the Cooley mountains, former Tipperary goalkeeper and RTÉ hurling analyst Brendan Cummins has won a record NINTH Poc Fada men's senior title.

Meanwhile, in the Cooley mountains, former Tipperary goalkeeper and RTÉ hurling analyst Brendan Cummins has won a record NINTH Poc Fada men's senior title.

The 'Ten for Bren' is on!

The 'Ten for Bren' is on!

A fella I know in Kilkenny has 10,000 'drive for 5' T shirts left over since 2010, maybe I could paint over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

A fella I know in Kilkenny has 10,000 'drive for 5' T shirts left over since 2010, maybe I could paint over them?

Is there any 'fella' you don't know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

digzy wrote: »
    Is there any 'fella' you don't know.....
    A fella called Liam, he wouldn't be too familiar with him....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

Last chance saloon today for Tipp minor footballers.
    Vs Galway today at 4pm in Tullamore.

Paddico wrote: »
    Last chance saloon today for Tipp minor footballers.
    Vs Galway today at 4pm in Tullamore.

Best of luck to the lads. Im assuming my near neighbour from the St Patricks club Aidan Buckley is starting?

• Advertisement

Going well so far. 3 pts up. Ten minutes to hang on. Cmon the Premier!

1-10 to 5 points! Yes!! :D Up Tipp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter Final Result - Tipperary 1-10 Galway 0-6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

Jesus great win for the minors. Sounded like a brutal game but then again that was Galway bay fm.

Seem to say its Kildare up next. Fair play to all.

On the Premier

Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter Final Result - Tipperary 1-10 Galway 0-6

Thrilled for Charlie and the lads. A fantastic injection of belief and it's on to Croker we go!

Who's next for the Premier juggernaut? :p

Kildare

buggy beag wrote: »
    Kildare

Kerry v Derry in the other semi I see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Match Report from today's Examiner.

Charlie McKeever admits fear of another failure spurred Tipperary

Tuesday, August 04, 2015By Paul Keane

Tipperary 1-10 Galway 0-6: Tipperary manager Charlie McKeever admitted the fear of further failure was strong as his team became the only beaten provincial finalist to make the All-Ireland minor football semi-finals.

Alan Tynan was the player who did most to seal Tipp’s place alongside Kildare in the last four on August 30.

However, for McKeever, it was all about the team in Tullamore, where the 2011 champions moved within touching distance of a return to the All-Ireland decider. They didn’t do themselves justice in the provincial final against Kerry and the fear of exiting the championship without ever conjuring their best form was a real driving force.

However, there’s more in the tank of this Tipp side who wasted a number of goal chances, blasted 11 wides in total and scored just three points from play in the first two thirds of the game.

There were moments of excellence, though, suggesting they can overcome Kildare and potentially enjoy a rematch with Kerry on the biggest stage of all.

Tynan’s 53rd minute goal was a case in point, a wonderful finish after a great break out of defence that few teams could have handled, let alone a Galway side in poor form.

Galway held Tipp for the first-half and trailed by just one at half-time, 0-4 to 0-3.

However, the Connacht champions were a shadow of the side that hammered Sligo in the provincial decider and went half an hour without scoring.

Smelling blood, Tipp went for the jugular and four points without reply in the third quarter moved them 0-8 to 0-3 ahead and into a winning position.

“We said all year that there was a strong performance in this team and we got it today,” said McKeever. “It would have been disappointing if we’d gone through the year without performing to our potential, because they’re a great group of lads, they’ve been together for so long and they’ve put in a huge amount of work along the way.

“People ask if it was hard to lift them after the Munster final, but it wasn’t hard at all; the lads knew we’d underperformed. It would have been different if we’d put in a performance against Kerry, but we didn’t. So we asked for one big performance from them today and we got it.”

It was a tough one for Galway to get their heads around. They scored just three times from play in the hour and one of those was from a quick free.

“We’re not happy with today but we’re very happy to win back the Connacht championship after seven years,” said Galway boss Stephen Joyce. “That represented real progress for us. We were hoping to go on a step, but unfortunately it didn’t happen.”

Scorers for Tipperary:

A Tynan (1-5, 2 frees, 1 45); B Martin (0-2); C English, J Kennedy, J Bergin (0-1 each).

Scorers for Galway:

J Daly (one free), C Marsden (two frees) (0-2 each); P McCormack, E Lee (0-1 each).

TIPPERARY:

C Manton; T Lowry, J Skeehan, T Fitzgerald; E Moloney, L Fahy, D Owens; J Kennedy, T Nolan; R Peters, A Tynan, A Buckley; C English, B McGrath, B Martin.

Subs:

M Kehoe for English (50), J Bergin for Peters (54), J Delahunty for Martin (58), M Connors for Buckley (59), G Whelan for Moloney (61).

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great stuff from the minor footballers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=242138

Sheedy to head the search for next Offaly manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement